5.0 out of 5 stars Small, simple and works well
I am not a fan of bluetooth audio devices at all. I like HiFi to sound properly and so far any headphone I tried was basically bad. I had some that even showed a pitch variation... Forget discussing details, clarity, sound stage etc...

That said the convenience of wireless is unsurpassed.
This device is the perfect example of it and thankfully it actually...
Published 21 months ago by Alvis

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
Caused interference on audio as soon as bluetooth connected, I tried 2 different hifis and 2 phones. Returned for a refund.
Published 7 months ago by brirob24

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, simple and works well, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: JUSTOP BTR006 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Audio Receiver With 3.5MM Jack, Universal Adapter For Speakers, New Module with Bluetooth V2.1 A2DP profile (Electronics)

That said the convenience of wireless is unsurpassed.
This device is the perfect example of it and thankfully it actually sounds very decently as well. It is also very tiny, it charges fast and the battery seems to last a very long time.

AUDIO QUALITY
The convenience of wireless at the expense of the pleasure of listening to music would be useless. I am pleased to say that it is not so.
In fairness the sound is not as a good as with direct connections, at least using good files and equipment. But judging the absolute sound quality or its weaknesses compared to audiophile systems would be an equally pointless exercise. What matters is that the music remains very enjoyable to listen. And it does.

I fed good quality 320 Kb/s files using all the devices mentioned in the next section to the Bose Companion 3 system used with my iMac. I also did the same with a spare input of my main HiFi (a Linn - Rogers system) and another one (Denon - B&W system).
Direct comparisons using the same musical material does show clear shortcomings, but the results are still remarkably good on all systems and for all paired devices.

Therefore listening to music remains a pleasure and this is the first time I can say so with a Bluetooth audio device.

Watching movies can show some small digital processing delays. This can be noticed and may require some equalisation depending on the lack of processing power of the platform used (i.e. HW, Operating System drivers and player).

CONNECTIVITY
I tried it with an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android OS 4.0.4), an LG C-360 mobile phone with proprietary OS, two Linux PCs, a Windows XP PC, and a Windows 7 PC.

With all mobile phones this device works extremely well.
Similar is the case of Windows XP. Pairing is easy, connectivity faultless, quick and simple first and every time.

With Linux PCs (using Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04.1) pairing and first connection is equally easy.
However further connections are not ideally smooth and can result in the need of re-pairing the device.

Windows 7 has the biggest issues. The device does work, but in addition to the Linux mentioned cases even the first pairing/connection process can fail altogether, making the use impossible.
This happens for certain combinations of HW (and drivers) and Bluetooth settings.
I put an addendum on how to make it work reliably in Windows 7.

SUMMARY
These connectivity issues across the whole spectrum of devices are a bit annoying but I can live with it.
In its main role (wireless connectivity between mobile phones and car systems) this device is faultless
In general on the important matters of usability it works and on performance it exceeded my expectations.

I am also not sure that the connectivity issues are entirely the fault of the device but rather the result of the Bluetooth standards and the service compatibility of their various releases.
The web is full of problem reports for particular combinations of mobile devices with car audio/visual/navigation systems, including pretty expensive ones of many luxury brands (I have direct experience of that).

All in all this is a brilliant little thing, very useable, enjoyable and deserves 5 stars in my view, despite some shortcomings. The very low price is just an added bonus.

ADDENDUM - Windows 7
For the record the Windows 7/64 system used is very recent and employs the Qualcomm Atheros 3012 Bluetooth chipset (supporting Bluetooth vs 4.0 etc...)
Its latest driver suite is the version 7.4.0.126 which is duly installed. However for some reason the Bluetooth Audio Services still use vs 7.4.0.125.

The normal pairing sequence in W7 is very simple: left click on the little blue icon, discover the device(*) then right click on its icon and select "add".
However doing so in this case, inevitably results in the device rejecting the connection. As a consequence of it, the device is paired but cannot connect and therefore useless (as also reported elsewhere).

Things are better done if Windows replies to a request of pairing rather than initiating it. The fix is to alter the sequence of events and load the services before the driver is set.

This is done by following a slightly different procedure:

1. Click on the blue icon
2. Left click and select "Add" device
3. Once the BR006 icon appears, right click on it as usual but this time choose "Properties"
4. On the "Service" tab check the two services listed
5. Click the "Apply" button - Immediately the pairing procedures will start
6. Windows will report the connection request instantiated by the device and will asks for permission, which is granted by clicking on the blue icon which appeared meanwhile
7. By doing that (left click) in a few seconds the pairing is completed but this time the device is connected and things work

Note(*) - To put the BR006 in discovery mode, turn it OFF then ON again AND keep pressed the button until the LED flashes blue and red (Not just blue - it takes some 7-9 seconds as explained in the manual)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars well deserved, 2 Nov 2012
marcoscu "marcoscu" (Chorley,UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
When the headphone socket on my iPhone failed and I also acquired a Nexus 7 I decided I needed a wireless way of sending music and audio to my car stereo. In the past I have tried FM transmitters but even the best of them proved flaky and unreliable and prone to interference from nearby radio stations when on the move. A Bluetooth solution seemed the best answer and this little unit got good reviews and was priced low enough to make it worthwhile taking a chance with.

I am very pleased that I did. This unit is very easy to setup and use and delivers an excellent sound quality from both my iPhone and Nexus 7. The only serious problems for me is that the printed manual whilst well written and easy to follow is very small and needs to be read with a magnifying glass (for me). Also, it is supplied with a non standard USB charging cable which if lost would render the device useless. Why they could not use a mini or micro USB socket on the device I cannot understand.

The Good
Easy to setup and use
Great sound quality
Good battery life
Well written printed instructions in English
Charging cable supplied
Charging/Status LED

The Bad
Minimal packaging (a Plus some would say)
Printed manual is small and hard to read although with useful content
Build quality could be better
Non standard USB charging cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed., 5 Mar 2014
I recently discovered Amazon Cloud Player and took out the annual subscription and have been ripping and uploading my entire CD collection.

Its great to be able to listen to whatever I want on the go via my phone (unlimited data network!), however at home I wanted a way to be able to play my music via my NEXUS 7 to the stereo. I've got an older ONKYO stereo system which has fantastic sound quality - however it doesn't have bluetooth connectivity or a USB port, so their own brand bluetooth adapters are a no go. I didn't really want to have to buy a new stereo system just to stream music, and I didn't want a long 3.5mm wire connecting my tablet to the stereo.

I looked on Amazon and found the JUSTOP BTR006 and figured for the sake or 15 I'd give it a go. It arrived today (very prompt delivery service) and took just a few minutes to set up. I have used a spare USB wall plug adapter I had lying around so its permanently connected to the power and I don't have to worry about recharging it.

It connected to my tablet very quickly with no hassle, and i used the 3.5mm to phono lead adapter that came with it in order to connect it to my Line In on the back of the stereo (I could have just used the 3.5mm lead, but the LINE IN for that is on the front so I wanted to make it look tidy).

The sound quality is really very impressive. I was expecting it to be good after reading some of the reviews on here, but its better than I was hoping for. I'm streaming 256kb/s mp3s via the Amazon Cloud player and it has a very rich, no static sound. Range wise I live in a newish house, so it has fairly thin walls, but I tested it by taking the tablet upstairs and there was no breakdown in quality.

The only very minor point is that in order to connect a secondary device the manual states that you have to go through steps 1-6 and resync it with the new device. This means it doesn't seem to be able to store more than one device to stream from (I wanted to see if I could have it recognise my NEXUS 7 and my wife's iPad without having to sync each time). This is a very minor point, and not worth knocking off a star - however this may be more of an issue for some people I guess.

Overall though a great product, good price and excellent sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to connect my iPhone when other ways have failed, 7 Dec 2011
If I had kept all the money I have spend on cheap ways to connect my iPhone to my car stereo I could have bought a new stereo. However I could have just spent a little less then 20 to get this great gadget. It works so well!

Just charged it, plugged it in to the aux input, pressed the button on the side. The iPhone and receiver Paired and I have been using it flawlessly ever since. The charge lasts at least the length of England and back

All the alternative hard wired options have interference from the iPhone but this remains crystal clear. The radio transmitter type can't find a clear frequency but because this uses bluetooth it works anywhere even in big cities.

Really happy with it, oh and if you take it from the car it will plug in to any 3.5mm input

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 11 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 7 Jan 2012
Michael Sumner (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
I actually bought this in error, thinking it was a Bluetooth Audio 'Transmitter' (which I have since bought - model BTT005) However, after hooking it up to my old Sony stereo and streaming audio from my iPhone, I have been very impressed by its performance and decided to keep it. Great audio and pairs with the iPhone as soon as I switch it on, highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 26 May 2014
Simple and easy to set up. The only problem is that if you buy more than one, it seems impossible to rename them, so it becomes difficult to specify out which device you're streaming to.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my second one!, 12 May 2014
G. J. Owen (Cleethorpes) - See all my reviews
These little things are fantastic! I've just installed it on my Honda GoldWing via a wired FM modulator and it does the job as I expected.
As a bonus, I can plug it in to my Denon amp at home and play music.
The audio quality is acceptable, no really noticeable drop in mp3 quality, and it's so cheap considering it comes with all the leads you need...

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price, 12 May 2014
A. Gillespie (UK) - See all my reviews
Its very small and hence a bit fiddly to switch on and feels fragile. Otherwise mainly works ok but suffers from the odd drop out every now and then..whether this is the device itself or the transmitting phone/laptop not sure . also the range seems limited to a couple of metres. So don't expect too much for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rated 5 stars but cannot use, 28 Jan 2014
I ordered this to be plug on the TV to transmit to my wireless boos speaker. Unfortunately it is a 'receiver' which I now understand to be plugged into non wireless speakers to be able to communicate with Bluetooth device. Had to return, but the transaction to return was so easy that it is worth the 5 stars.