When the headphone socket on my iPhone failed and I also acquired a Nexus 7 I decided I needed a wireless way of sending music and audio to my car stereo. In the past I have tried FM transmitters but even the best of them proved flaky and unreliable and prone to interference from nearby radio stations when on the move. A Bluetooth solution seemed the best answer and this little unit got good reviews and was priced low enough to make it worthwhile taking a chance with.

I am very pleased that I did. This unit is very easy to setup and use and delivers an excellent sound quality from both my iPhone and Nexus 7. The only serious problems for me is that the printed manual whilst well written and easy to follow is very small and needs to be read with a magnifying glass (for me). Also, it is supplied with a non standard USB charging cable which if lost would render the device useless. Why they could not use a mini or micro USB socket on the device I cannot understand.

The Good
Easy to setup and use
Great sound quality
Good battery life
Well written printed instructions in English
Charging cable supplied
Charging/Status LED

The Bad
Minimal packaging (a Plus some would say)
Printed manual is small and hard to read although with useful content
Build quality could be better
Non standard USB charging cable
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I bought this item to use in the car to plug into the 3.5 aux port on the central console.

The good stuff-

I opened it and plugged it into charge as instructed. It took about two hours to fully charge (charge light goes out when fully charged).

I paired it with my phone (HTC 1x+) with no major difficulty and went and plugged the receiver into my car. I pressed play on my generic HTC music app and it worked straight away with good sound quality and I also played from my Deezer app (I'd assume it will be the same with spotify or other music sharing apps) with good sound quality as well.

I'm very impressed with this item as it is a sleek and neat looking little device and doesn't cause anywhere near as much 'clutter' in my car as using the 3.5 male to male jack I had been using previously. The little LED lights are a nice touch as well.

The scope for potential improvement bit-

I plan to make a small cradle or holster for the receiver to stick on my central console to stop the receiver being loose and potentially causing wear to the outer case as it slide around slightly during my awesome driving. If Justop provided something like this with the product and also incorporated 90 degree plug instead of a straight one I I'd say this would easily be a 5* product (I bought a 3.5mm Stereo Jack Socket to 3.5mm Jack Plug Right Angle Adapter as the AUX socket in my car is vertical and next to my hand brake in the car so I didn't want the plug sticking up and being at risk of damage).

I also have used this receiver on my stereo sound system at home with the same results and am thinking of buying another devoted receiver for that purpose.

The bad bit-

When the your bluetooth device (smartphone) is idle and not playing there can be a vaguely audible buzzing noise but obviously you need to use common sense and turn it off if not using it.

In conclusion, for the purposes I am using this item for, I'd happily recommend this to anyone and I am not in any way affiliated with the manufacturer in anyway.
on 17 July 2014
I've bought this about 6 months ago and have been using it everyday since.
The amazing thing about this product is that it is so small and tiny and can be tucked away. The battery life on this is insane for something that small. Two days of full usage and if it ran out I would plug it in for charge and continue as before.
The quality is much better than I thought, I literally can't distinguish it from a 3.5mm cable.

One thing worth of note, the charger cable because it's so narrow stopped working. When I contacted the seller, he sent me a replacement cable promptly. It is only then that I realised how much I use this thing and was so pleased with the seller that I decided to leave a review.

on 4 January 2015
Very handy little device. Sadly my car isn't all that advanced so I don't have Bluetooth built in so I looked to this little Gizmo to help.

My car has a headphone jack input so the device just plugs straight into my car, I do like the fact that they have included the jack to RCA adapter as although I have no use for it my dads car uses the RCA socket style so this would have been necessary for him and the fact they included it is great.

What you do need though is a USB power adapter as you need some sort of way to charge the device. The device doesn't however charge off a normal micro-USB adapter so you will need a charger that just has a regular USB socket on so that you can plug the provided cable into it.

Connecting the device up to your phone is a breeze and it works just like a set of headphones really. I have an Android Xperia Z and mine was just a simple process of setting the device into pairing mode (press and hold the power button) and then searching for it on my phone and selecting to pair with it. Done.

I couldn't tell you exactly how long the battery lasts but I know it's a good few hours. Probably 8ish, maybe more. Plenty really. You can also use the device with the power cable plugged in so if the battery doesn't go flat then just connect the power cable up.

One thing I would say about this device is that there are obviously a few slight variations floating about. I've bought two of these now (I'm rubbish at remembering to charge it so I need a spare) and they are slightly different, one has a dodgy American voice announcing when you power it on and off, the other just beeps, the plastic on the two also feels slightly different but they both work and operate the same so I can't complain really as it make no difference operationally.
on 31 October 2014
Very good little device.

Comes with connector enough adapters to make it compatible with just about any piece of audio equipment. So far I have used in in my desktop PC (though the line in, sound was terrible through the MIC port, to the point I was going to return the product!), in my car and on my HiFi system at home (where the sound quality was really good, considering the source was MP3 files from my phone of course).

I was expecting to have to report a downside when the manual described you having to repeat the pairing process every time you switch devices but that doesn't seem to be the case. I can swap between my tablet and phone without and messing about.

The only slight downside I have come across so far is the timeout being quite short and occurring if you pause the playback. I have no idea if this is part of the BlueTooth standard, my phone's implementation or the implementation on this product. Other BlueTooth playback devices I have do not drop the link just because music playback is paused. It is clearly to save battery power but I would have though most applications for this device would have a source of power available so it can be left plugging in while in use (maybe it doesn't power save in that instance, I haven't experimented with it enough yet.

All in all I would thoroughly recommend this and may even get another one myself to leave in the car.
on 14 October 2013
its tiny and neat and pairs easily with the Iphone 4, and the Samsung Galaxy note 2 & 3 I have. it does all this easily.

Its not without faults, or my example wasnt others may differ. It pops and cracks very loudly when switching tracks on the phone/tablet but this can be forgiven given the price and saving of buying a newer hifi. Its not usable if playing at house party levels though as the pop could blow a speaker but elsewhere its just midly irritating.

sound quality wise, yes its drops in every department (if your into proper hifi) but the convenience keeps it in use. Its kind of a drop from say; listening to the radio vs a CD.

Our Arcam Solo mini or Anthem MRX AV amp both do do everything we require but lack this nice-to-have feature. Both Cars(Honda & VW) have 3.5mm line inputs and a OEM bluetooth module would be around £150-300 once fitted.
This tiny box is easily transferred from each place with no fuss. So there you go, it gives wireless audio functionality to most 3.5mm or phono-in music players at a good price.

Tip: put the sending device audio high for best dynamic performance at the receiver end, (I think the volume control in the unit is by clipping the frequency which makes the audio very dull and lifeless).
on 24 February 2013
I am using this gadget in combination with Aux Input CD CTVPGX011 PEUGEOT 207 (to make a connection to my car sound system via the CD changer port). The effect is that my car sound system is Bluetooth enabled to play music from my phone (HTC Desire HD). It means that when I get into the car I press and hold the the button on this gadget for 3 seconds and my phone is paired automatically. When I leave the car the gadget switches itself off. If you want to do this but have a different car there is likely to be an Adapter Interface for your car. Search for the CTVPGX011 and then look at what other car systems are supported by which Adapter Interface. Total cost: about £38. If your car sound system already has a 3.5mm jack interface obviously you don't need the Adapter Interface and you can achieve the same effect with just this gadget.

The initial pairing is very simple and once paired it connects automatically each time you switch on. It is important to note that this unit does not have a microphone so you won't be able to to make telephone calls via Bluetooth.
on 2 February 2013
Wanted to play music from my ipod and Samsung galaxy S3 through my proper Hifi, (Onkyo home cinema receiver and AE front speakers)I like good quality sound and wanted to be able to just access my whole music collection without having to change CD's.
Bluetooth setup was really easy, easy to change between S3 and ipod and both picked up the device almost instantly.
When I ordered this I must admit I was really apprehensive as to what the sound quality was going to be like, well i was pleasantly surprised - brilliant. Ok it's not going to be of cd quality, although I have not done a comparison yet (perhaps its best not & just go on first impressions) for the price it's fantastic & the S3 acts as a remote for the volume as well and you can still receive and make phone calls.
Next will transfer all my music collection to the galaxy tab 2 7" for family use etc. I can say from personal use I have found this little gadget fantastic.
Don't forget to order the 3.5mm stereo male to 2 RCA cable adapter at the same time.
on 7 January 2012
I actually bought this in error, thinking it was a Bluetooth Audio 'Transmitter' (which I have since bought - model BTT005) However, after hooking it up to my old Sony stereo and streaming audio from my iPhone, I have been very impressed by its performance and decided to keep it. Great audio and pairs with the iPhone as soon as I switch it on, highly recommended.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 15 December 2014
Simplicity Itself. You need to charge the tiny receiver using the unique lead supplied for a few hours (not long thought before the red light goes out to indicate it is full).
Use the Phono jacks to connect to your music amp input - press the little on/off button when you have your tablet/pc/phone with blue tooth enabled. Get your device to search for blue tooth devices, and click on the BTR006 option - and you are connected.
Play your music and you have a wire less connection with a level of improvement depending on the music player you are using.
Seems to be the occasional break in transmission, more so early on when first connected, which is slightly irritating, but nice to lay back and pick you music from your iPad (latest version of iPod) or whatever without messing with uncomfortable head phones.
There WILL be a marked improvement in sound quality.