5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars well deserved
Published 22 months ago by marcoscu

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price
Its very small and hence a bit fiddly to switch on and feels fragile. Otherwise mainly works ok but suffers from the odd drop out every now and then..whether this is the device itself or the transmitting phone/laptop not sure . also the range seems limited to a couple of metres. So don't expect too much for the price.
Published 4 months ago by A. Gillespie

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars well deserved, 2 Nov 2012
marcoscu "marcoscu" (Chorley,UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: JUSTOP BTR006 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Audio Receiver With 3.5MM Jack, Universal Adapter For Speakers, New Module with Bluetooth V2.1 A2DP profile (Electronics)
When the headphone socket on my iPhone failed and I also acquired a Nexus 7 I decided I needed a wireless way of sending music and audio to my car stereo. In the past I have tried FM transmitters but even the best of them proved flaky and unreliable and prone to interference from nearby radio stations when on the move. A Bluetooth solution seemed the best answer and this little unit got good reviews and was priced low enough to make it worthwhile taking a chance with.

I am very pleased that I did. This unit is very easy to setup and use and delivers an excellent sound quality from both my iPhone and Nexus 7. The only serious problems for me is that the printed manual whilst well written and easy to follow is very small and needs to be read with a magnifying glass (for me). Also, it is supplied with a non standard USB charging cable which if lost would render the device useless. Why they could not use a mini or micro USB socket on the device I cannot understand.

The Good
Easy to setup and use
Great sound quality
Good battery life
Well written printed instructions in English
Charging cable supplied
Charging/Status LED

The Bad
Minimal packaging (a Plus some would say)
Printed manual is small and hard to read although with useful content
Build quality could be better
Non standard USB charging cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, simple and works well, 9 Oct 2012
I am not a fan of bluetooth audio devices at all. I like HiFi to sound properly and so far any headphone I tried was basically bad. I had some that even showed a pitch variation... Forget discussing details, clarity, sound stage etc...

That said the convenience of wireless is unsurpassed.
This device is the perfect example of it and thankfully it actually sounds very decently as well. It is also very tiny, it charges fast and the battery seems to last a very long time.

AUDIO QUALITY
The convenience of wireless at the expense of the pleasure of listening to music would be useless. I am pleased to say that it is not so.
In fairness the sound is not as a good as with direct connections, at least using good files and equipment. But judging the absolute sound quality or its weaknesses compared to audiophile systems would be an equally pointless exercise. What matters is that the music remains very enjoyable to listen. And it does.

I fed good quality 320 Kb/s files using all the devices mentioned in the next section to the Bose Companion 3 system used with my iMac. I also did the same with a spare input of my main HiFi (a Linn - Rogers system) and another one (Denon - B&W system).
Direct comparisons using the same musical material does show clear shortcomings, but the results are still remarkably good on all systems and for all paired devices.

Therefore listening to music remains a pleasure and this is the first time I can say so with a Bluetooth audio device.

Watching movies can show some small digital processing delays. This can be noticed and may require some equalisation depending on the lack of processing power of the platform used (i.e. HW, Operating System drivers and player).

CONNECTIVITY
I tried it with an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2 - Android OS 4.0.4), an LG C-360 mobile phone with proprietary OS, two Linux PCs, a Windows XP PC, and a Windows 7 PC.

With all mobile phones this device works extremely well.
Similar is the case of Windows XP. Pairing is easy, connectivity faultless, quick and simple first and every time.

With Linux PCs (using Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04.1) pairing and first connection is equally easy.
However further connections are not ideally smooth and can result in the need of re-pairing the device.

Windows 7 has the biggest issues. The device does work, but in addition to the Linux mentioned cases even the first pairing/connection process can fail altogether, making the use impossible.
This happens for certain combinations of HW (and drivers) and Bluetooth settings.
I put an addendum on how to make it work reliably in Windows 7.

SUMMARY
These connectivity issues across the whole spectrum of devices are a bit annoying but I can live with it.
In its main role (wireless connectivity between mobile phones and car systems) this device is faultless
In general on the important matters of usability it works and on performance it exceeded my expectations.

I am also not sure that the connectivity issues are entirely the fault of the device but rather the result of the Bluetooth standards and the service compatibility of their various releases.
The web is full of problem reports for particular combinations of mobile devices with car audio/visual/navigation systems, including pretty expensive ones of many luxury brands (I have direct experience of that).

All in all this is a brilliant little thing, very useable, enjoyable and deserves 5 stars in my view, despite some shortcomings. The very low price is just an added bonus.

ADDENDUM - Windows 7
For the record the Windows 7/64 system used is very recent and employs the Qualcomm Atheros 3012 Bluetooth chipset (supporting Bluetooth vs 4.0 etc...)
Its latest driver suite is the version 7.4.0.126 which is duly installed. However for some reason the Bluetooth Audio Services still use vs 7.4.0.125.

The normal pairing sequence in W7 is very simple: left click on the little blue icon, discover the device(*) then right click on its icon and select "add".
However doing so in this case, inevitably results in the device rejecting the connection. As a consequence of it, the device is paired but cannot connect and therefore useless (as also reported elsewhere).

Things are better done if Windows replies to a request of pairing rather than initiating it. The fix is to alter the sequence of events and load the services before the driver is set.

This is done by following a slightly different procedure:

1. Click on the blue icon
2. Left click and select "Add" device
3. Once the BR006 icon appears, right click on it as usual but this time choose "Properties"
4. On the "Service" tab check the two services listed
5. Click the "Apply" button - Immediately the pairing procedures will start
6. Windows will report the connection request instantiated by the device and will asks for permission, which is granted by clicking on the blue icon which appeared meanwhile
7. By doing that (left click) in a few seconds the pairing is completed but this time the device is connected and things work

Note(*) - To put the BR006 in discovery mode, turn it OFF then ON again AND keep pressed the button until the LED flashes blue and red (Not just blue - it takes some 7-9 seconds as explained in the manual)

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile little gadget, 1 May 2014
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Length:: 2:22 Mins

The Justop bluetooth receiver is a small, very lightweight unit, which has a number of uses. Kindly sent one to review, I was impressed with just how versatile this little unit is as it acts as a bluetooth receiver allowing you to:
- Turn wired headphones into Bluetooth headphones
- Add Bluetooth connectivity to your car
- Add Bluetooth connectivity to your stereo

In the box you get the unit, some wired headphones, a 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead, a USB cable (for charging) and a 3.5mm to phono lead. Basically you get everything you need to use this unit in one of the ways listed above.

Setup of the unit was very easy, you can either use Near Field Communication (NFC) to quickly and easily pair this to your phone/tablet, or if your device doesn't have NFC you just pair it via bluetooth as you would with any other Bluetooth product.

On the back is a clip which allows you to wear this unit when using it with wired headphones. It has 3 buttons on it, volume up, volume down and a multifunction button to switch it on/off and act as a play/pause button.

BASIC BUTTON OPERATIONS:
1. Long press MFB for 2 seconds: turn device ON/OFF
2. Long press MFB for 5 seconds: turn device into Bluetooth pairing mode
3. Short press MFB: answer/end call; pause/resume music
4. Double press MFB to call back last dialled number
5. Short press +/- button: turn volume up/down
6. Long press +/- button: skip track
(Thanks to April L. for providing this list)

Sound quality is very good, or rather it's good if you use it with the right equipment. The included headphones are, as you'd expect at this price, not fantastic, but plug a good set, such as the FSL Zinc Zn30 In Ear Headphones / Earphones for all Portable Devices (iPhone/iPad/Android/Windows/Samsung/Galaxy/HTC/LG/Xperia etc) - 3 YEAR WARRANTY - (Metallic Blue) I feature in my video, or a good set of speakers, and all sorts of different musical styles sounded really good.

I found this little gadget worked really well in all modes, it's especially useful if you want to stream music in your car or to an old amp/stereo. If you've got a streaming service such as Spotify or Deezer, or just happen to have loads of music on your mobile, you'll really appreciate the way this liberates your collection.

I originally thought this a 4 star product, incorrectly thinking there was no way to skip tracks. In actual fact this feature is smartly built into the volume controls, and making this a 5 star product, a brilliant little gadget at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to connect my iPhone when other ways have failed, 7 Dec 2011
If I had kept all the money I have spend on cheap ways to connect my iPhone to my car stereo I could have bought a new stereo. However I could have just spent a little less then 20 to get this great gadget. It works so well!

Just charged it, plugged it in to the aux input, pressed the button on the side. The iPhone and receiver Paired and I have been using it flawlessly ever since. The charge lasts at least the length of England and back

All the alternative hard wired options have interference from the iPhone but this remains crystal clear. The radio transmitter type can't find a clear frequency but because this uses bluetooth it works anywhere even in big cities.

Really happy with it, oh and if you take it from the car it will plug in to any 3.5mm input

4.0 out of 5 stars This is value for money., 1 Aug 2014
A. P. B. Rhodes "Ben Rhodes" (Hudds UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this item to use in the car to plug into the 3.5 aux port on the central console.

The good stuff-

I opened it and plugged it into charge as instructed. It took about two hours to fully charge (charge light goes out when fully charged).

I paired it with my phone (HTC 1x+) with no major difficulty and went and plugged the receiver into my car. I pressed play on my generic HTC music app and it worked straight away with good sound quality and I also played from my Deezer app (I'd assume it will be the same with spotify or other music sharing apps) with good sound quality as well.

I'm very impressed with this item as it is a sleek and neat looking little device and doesn't cause anywhere near as much 'clutter' in my car as using the 3.5 male to male jack I had been using previously. The little LED lights are a nice touch as well.

The scope for potential improvement bit-

I plan to make a small cradle or holster for the receiver to stick on my central console to stop the receiver being loose and potentially causing wear to the outer case as it slide around slightly during my awesome driving. If Justop provided something like this with the product and also incorporated 90 degree plug instead of a straight one I I'd say this would easily be a 5* product (I bought a 3.5mm Stereo Jack Socket to 3.5mm Jack Plug Right Angle Adapter as the AUX socket in my car is vertical and next to my hand brake in the car so I didn't want the plug sticking up and being at risk of damage).

I also have used this receiver on my stereo sound system at home with the same results and am thinking of buying another devoted receiver for that purpose.

The bad bit-

When the your bluetooth device (smartphone) is idle and not playing there can be a vaguely audible buzzing noise but obviously you need to use common sense and turn it off if not using it.

In conclusion, for the purposes I am using this item for, I'd happily recommend this to anyone and I am not in any way affiliated with the manufacturer in anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 7 Jan 2012
Michael Sumner (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
I actually bought this in error, thinking it was a Bluetooth Audio 'Transmitter' (which I have since bought - model BTT005) However, after hooking it up to my old Sony stereo and streaming audio from my iPhone, I have been very impressed by its performance and decided to keep it. Great audio and pairs with the iPhone as soon as I switch it on, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 25 Jun 2012
Prints of Whales (Farnborough, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Generally this is excellent. There is a small problem with my usage. I bought it together with a transmitter to use with headphones with the tv while my partner listened "normally". I found that I needed to split the sound and use external speakers as the internal speakers cut out. Unfortunately there is a delay (Which seems to increase) between the sound from the speakers and the sound from the headphones. This may be due to the transmitter, this receiver or the combination. It is no reflection on either product, just for information to those wanting a similar set up. It is a minor inconvenience and with different headphones would probably be no problem. The transmitter I bought was not by the same manufacturer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great functionality and lightweight but could be better, 3 Jun 2014
Silverfrog (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Although the audio cable was provided to me outside of the box I am assuming this will be included inside the packaging for the retail version as it is included in the content listing on Amazon.

At 14.07g, the unit is extremely light and is about the size of an Ipod shuffle. The rear of the unit a plastic clip which is handy to clip to a pocket, shirt, suit or jacket and allows clear access to the microphone on the front of the unit. There are 3 buttons on this receiver which have multi functions;
1) the front circular button which acts as the ;on/off button, answer call/reject button, voice command button if you want to use SIRI on your iphone.
2) Up and down button on the side of the unit which also double as next/previous track
There are 2 ports on the unit as well – a micro-USB charging port (which a cable is provided although the other end is USB) and a standard 3.5mm audio port if you want to plug it directly into a stereo system or other. You are provided with both a male to male 3.5mm audio cable (to plug into an ipod say) as well as a 3.5mm to phono cable to plug into the rear of a stereo.
Connecting to my iphone 5 was very simple. Just press and hold the front circular button for 5 seconds and 2 very small lights flash on the button. Then select IBE-01 which will show on your Bluetooth listings to pair.

The box comes with a pair of white headphones which although may not look like much at first, they give a surprisingly good sound with a reasonable bass unlike some earphones which can be very tinny. They are not supplied with any foam covers though so may not be suitable for runners out of the box. You can of course buy foam covers online which will prevent them from falling easily out of the ear or of course use your own.

Using the microphone for calls was good quality with the facility to use SIRI on my Iphone through the unit as well which was extremely helpful – especially when driving.

My minor niggles
When using the volume buttons on the receiver, a beep sounds if you reach the maximum volume setting which I personally found a little annoying but some may find this function useful.
The second personal niggle is that the micro-USB cable does not insert fully into the receiver (it only inserts about halfway into the socket) making it a little more prone to breaking inside the unit (which I have had happen to me before on another device).

Despite my minor annoyances (which some may feel are just personal preferences), at just under 15 at the time of review it is a good value receiver as it is very compact and is generally well thought out in both size and functionality. Foam earpads included in the package would have been nice as without them, they are prone to falling out of your ear.

This Bluetooth receiver was provided to me by the manufacturer to review. I have taken into account both the price and quality of the product in this review which has not be influenced by the manufacturer in any way.

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 26 May 2014
Simple and easy to set up. The only problem is that if you buy more than one, it seems impossible to rename them, so it becomes difficult to specify out which device you're streaming to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for me, 24 May 2014
Just got it. Installation took no time at all. I can confirm it works fine with macbook air and Philips Streamium plugged in the Aux. Am very happy with it. Sound is fine.