5.0 out of 5 stars Great Security When You're On The Move
This is a sturdy and easy to use security lock for my laptop. I wouldn't be without it. Good Lock!
Published 11 months ago by Jane Tompsett

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very secure
Published 8 months ago by Simon Heape

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very secure, 11 April 2014
Simon Heape (Wokingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock (Accessory)
No, I'm not a retired (or current) thief but the security of this lock is very dubious. Using an old schoolboy trick combining closed eyes and feel I managed to unlock this on my second attempt! To make sure I wasn't somehow subconsciously cheating I asked my son to set a new combination that I didn't know, then unlocked on my first attempt. A key version would be much more secure but less convenient. I just hope that should anyone break into my house they didn't go to my old school (no it wasn't an approved school!").

2.0 out of 5 stars is that even their fattest cables can be super-easily cut at once with a good one-hand (yes, 26 Oct 2014
Emmanuel Verbeeck (Belgique) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock (Accessory)
Does what it pretends. But...
What Kensington does not say, is that even their fattest cables can be super-easily cut at once with a good one-hand (yes, one-hand) bolt cutter or piano wire cutter (for example the Knipex or Felco ones).
So do not expect any real security. I bought this for a friend that insisted to have one. When he stopped using it after a few weeks, I demonstrated him a proper, 2-second cut with a wire cutter that fits in one hand and can be bought in all DIY shops for less than a tenner.
Take your conclusions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact, decent quality lock, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock (Accessory)
Very quick to attach/detach from laptop, code is changed by turning the screw on the end setting the new one and then turning it back (code must be correct to be able to turn the screw). I'd never regard a laptop lock as perfect security, the laptop is likely to be less robust than the lock but it's perfect for preventing opportunistic theft attempts.

The one negative that I've found so far, the yellow strap is the worst piece of design I've seen on something that should have been very simple. Its fiddly, and cumbersome to open or close, I took it off, threw it away and replaced it with a velcro cable strap which is what they should have supplied to start with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Security When You're On The Move, 31 Dec 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice compact lock !, 26 Nov 2013
L. Lourenco - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock (Accessory)
I got this and i am really happy with it. Once again amazon delivery is amazing.

About the lock, the cable is really strong, the lock looks really well made and with a 4 number combination gives you a huge variety of combinations, much better then a 3 number lock. To open and lock the lock is really easy, you can do it easily with one hand, just choose the combination and press a button and youre good to go.

I feel much more comfortable to leave my laptop in the office while i go lunch.

Note: this isn't 100% anti theft, this is amazing to dissuade a "regular person" from taking your laptop if the room where it is have more people there.

Overall great item, easy to carry, would recommend because i do feel much more relieved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock (Accessory)
I bought this for my son as he has recently gone to university. It is an excellent product and he uses it when out and about with his expensive laptop!

5.0 out of 5 stars Immensely powerful, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock (Accessory)
This is one of the strongest locks I've ever seen. It's almost too much for my needs, but I am very impressed with it. The cable is immensely and unimaginably strong, as is the lock which actually seems unbreakable. This makes me feel my computer is safely secured which is great since the computer was so expensive - so worth having it well secured.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock (Accessory)
Just as advertised and arrived quickly thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 Oct 2014
This review is from: Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock (Accessory)
pretty good little thing to use

4.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit Samsung Chromebook XE503C32-K01UK, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock (Accessory)
Rating chosen based on impression of quality of product without ability to test in actual application.

Would recommend for compatible devices.

Primary reason for purchase was to secure a Samsung Chromebook XE503C32-K01UK. Searching online left me with the impression the Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock would be compatible but I was mistaken (at least for the device and lock that I have) so hopefully this review should help others.

Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock