5.0 out of 5 stars Love Inheritance!, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Inheritance (The Dark Gifts Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book! I love Sarah and Jason and their relationship. I love how they find out about themselves and their family and I really love how this ties the series together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read!!!!!!, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Inheritance (The Dark Gifts Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I seen this book for free one day and grabed. I am glad that I did. I loved every part of this book. Sarah and Jason are perfect main characters. Their childhood was so sad. and then when they find family they actually have, all hell breaks loose. I loved how the story is wound into the first book Birthright. At first I thought "this is book 2" lol but I kept reading and it gose together wonderfully!! But in the end I was really really happy about this book. And the more you get into it, you start to understand and it all works out perfectly! Shad is so darn sexy!!! How could you not fall in love with him? I can't wait to see what is next in The Dark Gift series. I recommend this to everyone! If you love to read about werewolves this is your book...Get it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inheritance, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Inheritance (The Dark Gifts Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this story! Willow`s story just keeps getting better!Brother & sister spent most of their lives alone till they received their Inheritance. After that life changes as they know it. They finally inherite the family they always dreamt of. Willow has created a world where you feel like you`re really there & don`t want to leave.The Dark Gift series grabs ahold of you & won`t let you put it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bk#2 in this exciting series, 30 Oct 2012
MY REVIEW
I was gifted this book on smashwords in exchange for my honest opinion and review of it.
The cover....hmmm to be totally honest I am not sure I would pick this one up in a book store. The blurb would attract me but the cover I didn't find it as attractive and it didn't draw me in like some covers have done. Having said that the cover does represent what Sarah and Jason are very well, they are shifter's.
So Sara and Jason never knew their true heritage, so when Jason begins changing, it is an extremely scary experience. Sarah tries to help him as best as she can. They then find a clue to an address, that apparently they own. they go to investigate and are immediately surrounded by people like them, their pack. they are also soon embroiled in pack politics and rows. There is danger at every turn for them, even in the boyfriend Sarah has met and the girlfriend Jason has met. As the blurb says Jason is wanted for some rather gruesome murders, they happened the nights he "changed" but he has no recollection at all of those nights, so did he really murder anyone? Or perhaps...is he being "set up" by someone who wants to get rid of him and his sister?
I will admit when I started reading this book I was initially slightly disappointed as it doesn't really pick up from the last book Birthright. this book is not about the vampires and witches etc of Birthright. This is the story of the werewolves and how they come to be in place to be part of the supernatural war. So part of this book runs within the same time as the first book (hope that makes sense to you, its the same time line but different people) I quickly overcame my disappointment and really got into the werewolves tale. I really enjoyed this book, Willow Cross is an Amazing writer. The different chapters that tell you what is going on and where with the different character, the descriptions are detailed without being overly so. This book has danger, suspense, mystery, traitors, and a little bit of love too!
So did I enjoy it? Yes, loved it. Would I recommend it? Yes, yes, yes! Will I read more of this series? Yes please, looking forward to the next bk in the series. Will I read more by Willow Cross? Definitely!

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatness!!!!, 15 Nov 2012
Ok...I just have to say...this book is Greatness!!! She's done it again!! I absolutely LOVED this book! I could not put it down! I started out reading Birthright (The Dark Gifts Pt. 1) & was just awed! LOVED it!!! I wanted more, so I downloaded the sample of this one. I have to admit at first how bummed I was after finishing the sample of Inheritance (The Dark Gifts Pt. 2), because it seemed like a whole new storyline (don't get me wrong...the characters in this book DEFINITELY grabbed me, pulled me into their story, & held their own, but I was still wanting to know more about Liz, Michael, The Council, & their magical journey)....UNTIL I purchased the full copy. :) Wow! I was hooked! Jason & Sarah had me from the get go, but then add in Pete & Shad's lil' jealous it just gets better & better! And who could forget Shana with with all of drama?!? We can't leave out Ashley & Heather's quarrels, & all of Brogan's "helpful insight"! Then came Marica who I really fell for. Her character is sure to add lots too. :)
Soon after I realized I knew some of these names the characters were referring to as well. And then it all became clear. When those critical pieces fell into place it made everything crystal clear!!! I am definitely a huge fan of Willow Cross' writing!! I will be waiting on pins & needles to read more of The Dark Gifts series!!! GREATNESS I tell you! =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this series and a great story, 22 Sep 2013
LOVED this book!

At first i was wondering how it fitted in with the first book, and was a little disappointed that the story didnt carry on with Michael and Liz....but i didnt need to be!

This book revolves around a brother and sister, Jason and Sarah, who were orphaned. Suddenly Jason begins to have nights where he cant remember what has happened, waking up naked in the woods and covered in blood.
Waiting for the next night, he caged himself and Sarah stayed to watch what happened.
Yup, he turned into a werewolf. A big one.

Shocked they find a deed title to a house nearby and visited to find an uncle and aunt that run a pack that jason and Sarah belong to, and come to terms with what is happening - to both of them. Sarah's change was especially special as she turns into an alpha. A female alpha is unheard of.

This obviously doesnt run smoothly, and soon hunters are on their tale and theyre fighting for their lives and end up on the run.

Towards the end they meet Brogan, who we met in the first book, and he guides them into helping and recruiting other packs to help in the upcoming war, that we followed the beginning of in book one.

A great book that finally does link with book one and i am looking forward to reading the next installment! Written well, great characters and a brilliant storyline that keeps you turning the page till the last page!

read on behalf of the author for an honest review

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 29 Jun 2013
Willow Cross
Inheritance
The Dark Gifts #2

Although this book is the 2nd in the series, it could easily be read as a stand-alone (but you'll then be left wanting to read the first immediately). As with the first book, I was completely engrossed from the first chapter and just couldn't put it down. Incredibly well written with characters that draw you in, you'll soon be in the middle of the action rather than just reading about it. Sarah and Jason have no idea who they really are, and their feelings come across vividly as they start discovering they are not only werewolves but alphas. Obviously there would be no fun without a bit of danger, and there's plenty of it which will keep you turning page after page. A must read for all werewolf / paranormal lovers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and engaging!, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Inheritance (The Dark Gifts Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Willow Cross successfully weaves an exciting action-packed story in Inheritance. After my initial confusion that Inheritance didn't follow on directly from book one, I soon really enjoyed the fact that we had the opportunity to discover more about the werewolves.

Following siblings Sarah and Jason, it's very easy to get caught up the action and their journey as they search for answers. The story flows well, with a good balance of peaks of adrenaline-fuelled tension, drama and even sweet romance. On the whole, I enjoyed the plot development and the journey that the author takes her characters on.

A great series to get absorbed in!

Disclosure: This ebook was a free download.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!, 22 Oct 2012
This review is from: Inheritance (The Dark Gifts Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This book was gifted to me and it was nothing short of amazing! Willow Cross' ability to meld different characters into to her books just wows me. Inheritance started out being NOTHING like Birthright this book revolved around Werewolves and had a whole new set of characters Sarah is the bullheaded younger sister that won't let her older brother Jason boss her around she wants to do things HER way whether he likes it or not. In the beginning Sarah thinks Jason is completely lost his marbles when he starts to build a cage in the basement because he swears something is happening to him at night. After one night in the basement with her brother going through his "change" their whole lives begin to change. Sarah and Jason find out that there are people who will go to extreme lengths to see that they are killed there are also some love interests as well as other things that go bump in the night. Liz and Micheal also return as well as the soon to be war between the Vampires. I am super stoked to read the next in this series. I am having a real hard time at the end of each book because I do NOT want them to end. Each book has been getting better and better. I highly in courage everyone that enjoys paranormal to pick this series up. Willow has done a great job in writing these books from her walking you through all the intricate details of characters and how they all intertwine in friendships or foes. And the fight scenes are explained in detail with nothing left out. I'm hooked :-) Happy reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Gifts Inheritance by Willow Cross, 7 Oct 2012
Julianna Doerres "Bella" (TEMPE, ARIZONA, US) - See all my reviews
After Jason turned 21 he thought he was losing his mind. During the three full nights of the full moon strange things were happening to him and he had no memory of what he did. He was terrified at the thought of what could be happening to him. His sister, Sara was beginning to think he needed a shrink as well. That is until the horrifying events of the last few months stopped her. Why was Jason building a huge cage in the basement of their home. When Sarah finds out her life changes forever because she is unsure if what is happening to her brother is going to happen to her. Jason and Sara, having grown up with no family are to find out that their real family isn't even fully human. They are unprepared for the events that start developing and they have to learn quickly. Befriended by those that hunt them down they learn the true meaning of who they are and with the help of a mysterious man in the forest they find out who they are meant to be.
This story held my interest from start to finish. The characters show their feelings and frustrations as they deal with the problems of taking back a werewolf clan while trying to help save the world from something so dark and frightening that they will need their Dark Gifts Inheritance.
Inheritance (The Dark Gifts)

Inheritance (The Dark Gifts Book 2)