TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 April 2014
This is a very stylish way of collecting kitchen waste and sits unobtrusively on the kitchen counter. We have previously had a 7 litre green plastic council-provided food waste bin but as there are only two of us it would begin to smell well before it was full. It was hardly attractive either! This Kilner model was about the smallest bin we could find (it's about the size of a biscuit jar) and is perfect for a small family - we find it needs to be emptied every two or three days.

I haven't found any bags that fit - they are all too big but the pot is easy to clean even without bags so I'm not concerned about this aspect.
on 20 January 2014
I love the way this looks, the filter is brilliant because you can't smell the food waste. Having said that, it doesn't hold much and I was wasting a lot of composting bags because I had to change them so often. Have reverted to council provided one.
on 8 January 2012
This was a great christmas present for my dad and he loves it. It's stylish and practical, and good for the environment. Everyone should have one. This Kilner compost container is also great because it's so small so it definately never smells.
on 18 April 2014
Neat and compact, just the ticket for a small kitchen with limited space.
Well made and elegant looking and cleans easily.
on 24 August 2015
How sad is it to be soooo excited by a house composter but I am! It is a great replacement of our basic plastic box we had put on our kitchen worktop. The lid comes off very easily yet odours do not go through; we left smelly fish as well as melon skins overnight and no odour in the kitchen in the morning! It is easy and not messy to take it out and empty the content in our newly bought steel galvanised garden composter. It s very quick and easy to wash as nothing really sticks to it. The design, the material and the Killner brand at the front make it very stylish! We are very happy with our purchase and I think about it as a xmas present to family members.
on 5 February 2014
At the price I paid, (different sites seem to vary a bit) I think this was an excellent buy, especially after the previous plastic thing we had. Appears well made, not too large, looks smart, and with stainless steel finish very easy to keep clean.
on 5 July 2014
Bigger than they appear, a good thing, and take up far less space than those with inner containers. We ordered two and one has rust/discolouration on the bottom, so reducing by one star. Time will tell whether this affects lifespan. .
on 3 September 2014
This was a gift to my daughter' it arrived quite quickly and as I already have one and love it, so does my daughter, she is not using old ice cream tubs which dont have filters now. A neat and tidy way to gather household compost ready to compost it.
on 19 September 2014
Just the right size and so handy on the kitchen worktop. can't smell anything. I don't use their plastic biodegradable bag but just a newspaper inside. easy to clean.
on 21 December 2015
Good except one tiny gripe - I don't understand why manufacturers of anything these days still use impossible-to-remove glues to affix labels to their products. Lucky it's stainless steel and I should be able to get the glue off with nail polish remover or something. If I'd realised this was available in colours I probably would have bought a red one but I don't know how you'd get the label glue off of the paint without damaging the paint.