5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
I have Sennheiser HD205, Sennheiser HD419 and now these absolute beauties! By far the best headphones I have ever used with nearly all genres. They are perfect for me, fit my every need perfectly.

The Advantages:
Design is absolutely fantastic
Build quality is top notch
Trebles and mids are spot on
Decent sound cancellation
Doesn't leak...
Published 22 months ago by James Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Great comfort!!
I am a young musician and audiophile and bought these headphones to replace my Sennheiser HD 205.

Firstly, these headphones are VERY comfortable. I can completely forget that I'm wearing them.

Secondly, an extension lead is included, which has gold plated plugs.

My only negative comment is that, to me they sound too bassy and there is not...
Published on 4 Jan 2012 by J. A. H. Snoad

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Reality is plastic, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sennheiser HD449 Ergonomic Closed-Back Stereo Over-Ear Headphones with Incredible Sound Detail And Clarity (Electronics)
Bought these as a filler before I can afford something better and overall impressed.

Build quality is a bit plastic and nasty - but solid and reasonably comfortable. You will have to pay a lot more to get metal and leather so its a compromise that comes with the price range.

Sound is as strong as I could have hoped for. Exceptional soundstage, clear treble and mids. Bass is a bit washy but I hear that tightens up over time. Users of 0-50 quid headphones will notice a clear difference in quality of sound. They have quite a 'real' and natural sound compared to some more expensive headphones that are almost too 'clear' for my tastes. I would note that sometimes the separation can seem a little over the top with complex guitar music, though this isn't a deal breaker.

A changeable lead would be nice as I have had a cheaper set of Sennheisers fail me on this point. This one looks better made though.

Overall a good buy for 70 quid. Hope they last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 19 Mar 2014
Sounds quality on these cans is great for the price...if you crank them too loud they leak noise, but if played at a reasonable volume they don't. Good positioning for instruments and copes with my general electronic music love. Drum & Bass and Rock albums are sounding pretty good, bass is not boosted or anything. If you want boosted bass buy Beats.

Being non-noise cancelling, you can hear external noise, i.e. when on the Tube, and by this I assume plane noise (not tested)

I am in 2 minds whether to get an amp for my iPhone for the odd album I have that is quieter, but overall these are great...trynig to be disciplined and not crank my headphones too loud so I dont go deaf too quickly.

My only gripe would be the 3.5mm plug being quite long and straight, so sticks out quite far from my iPhone, which is not so good when in the pocket sitting down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser HD449 closed back headphones, 8 Dec 2013
Reasonable build and good sound quality for the bucks. You get what you pay for. These phones are a good mid-price compromise between true hi-fi and cheapos.
Depending how you listen, very useful is the extension lead that gives a total length of 3 metres - for listening via a hi-fi system they should reach your comfortable listening chair. Gold plated 3.5 mm plug as standard with a 6.3 mm adaptor provided. Some complain the lead is a little thin but i dont think so. It's good quality and lightweight - important when using 3 metres of suspended lead from the hi-fi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of headphones, 15 Sep 2013
Good sound for the money!
I have now had these for 5 and a half months without encountering any problems! I travel around a bit meaning that the headphones sometimes receive some abuse, but it doesn't seem to effect them.
Comfortable to wear for long periods of time and I have even gone running with them from time to time. They fit so well that working out and using them is not a problem!

I should point out that I have bought a Fiio E6 to get a bit more volume out of the headphones when I use them with my phone. Since the headphones are 32 ohms they will not go extremely loud if you use a phone so it is worth it. The 32ohms do however allow for great sound and unless you like to listen to music extremely loud you will not need an amp for your phone.

I can only recommend these headphones considering the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value Sennheiser, 3 Jan 2013
Chosen for my 15 year old daughter. She asked for some Dr Beats. Having read the reviews, I felt they were poor value for money and I hate going with "the in-thing". The Sennheiser headphones are light, comfortable and look good. The sound is rich with good tight control of the Bass. The general musicality is as good as my own Bose noise cancelling headphones. Excellent value and my daughter is pleased that none of her friend have the same pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I want, 27 Nov 2012
Very light and comfortable to wear when playing my Yamaha Clavinova. The sound is much better than when it comes through the speakers. Fully recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars one pair of many sennheisers, 21 Nov 2012
VERY comfortable head gear. after reading lots of reviews i decided to plump for a pair. burnt them in for a week, now using a FiiO E7 DAC and Amp, and boy oh boy what a difference that makes. i have the ipod 160GB classic gen6, and this combination really sings. with out the amp the phones are just ok, the need a bit of 'driving 'to really make them come to life. i wore these on an 8 hour flight to Abu Dhabi, with no discomfort or fatigue in listening pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound!, 31 May 2012
Robert Stephenson (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I received these phones this morning and I have been listening to them all day. To me the sound is wonderful, even without the burn-in being recommended by others - so I can look forward to them getting even better as I use them!

They are lightweight and very comfortable. To allow this, they are made from plastic though and I'll probably need to be especially careful about the swivel join between the ear pieces and the headband as they look as they could break if treated too roughly - so I think I'll be keeping them out of reach of the kids.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why I chose this rating, 19 Feb 2014
Lets in to much outside noise, but good on no sound out. Otherwise good quality, good fit, comfortable, fits over the ears well, looks very good. Have been using everyday for 3 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic once you have done the preliminary 'burn', 20 April 2012
Merackon (Warminster, UK) - See all my reviews
These headphones are absolutely fantastic, with balanced audio; clear treble, excellent mids and a warm bass that is not overdone.

At first they sounded wonderful...

...BUT THEN...

...after about 50-60 hours of use, they just started to get BETTER, there was a lot more richness in the audio all of a sudden, and they seemed to be clearer and louder than they did before.
I am a ridiculously OCD person, especially when it comes down to the quality of the audio device that I am listening to. In this case these fit the bill perfectly.

I strongly recommend these to anyone who is going to be using them in a fairly quiet environment, but only use them in a loud environment if you have a sufficiently loud audio player to counter the annoying external noise.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›