5.0 out of 5 stars Great reader
Brilliant fault code reader. Does everything it needs to, and could save a fortune on garage bills if you are prepared to get your hands dirty.
Published on 18 April 2012 by Dave K

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected more
For the price it is okay and if you are lucky it will do all you need. Only shows a small number of codes for my car and cannot reset the things I want to do. Cheaper is not always the best.
Published 16 months ago by My Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reader, 18 April 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader
Bought this as I am frustrated by error codes on cars and needing to pay £40 for someone else to plug in a similar scanner. It works fine with my A class Merc. I expect to get a lot of requestes from family and friends to borrow this.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works on a mk3 Mondeo 53 plate , 2004 . !!, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader
I had engine light come on , suspected it to be the EGR as on a previous mk3 ?

Took a punt on this little device , plugged it in , device powered up , then set ignition to II , no need to start the engine , you must turn on the dash though !! Then set to scan , 1 code came up , sure enough it was the EGR , cleared the code as I know it's nothing to worry about , though will probably come back in a few weeks ?

Important point ! Don't connect or disconnect while the ignition is on or set to II !!

For the device to link with your car the dash must be powered up , otherwise it will say error unable to connect !

Hope this is useful as most reviews just say it works great or it's rubbish ?

5.0 out of 5 stars A real money-saver!, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader
I bought this item quite tentatively, not really expecting it to read many codes. I had read some feedback about the product, some of which suggested that it found no codes even when the ECU light was on. I had just spent £42 getting my local garage to spend five minutes producing a printout of stored codes, which were mostly to do with wheel speed sensors (ABS/ESP). They reset the system for me but later that same day, the light was on again. Obviously I didn't want to keep spending £42 but at the same time I was certain this device would not identify problems with ABS/ESP. In the end, I gambled a mere £12.50 and bought the device. It arrived in no time at all and, yes, it identified problems with my front two wheel speed sensors, as well as a lean fuel mixture. I've only had it a couple of days and so far I'm really very pleased with it. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for d-i-y mechanics, 15 Mar 2013
A. R. Vallis "stocktonlad" (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader
A must-have for d-i-y mechanics to repair electrical faults on modern cars or for checking the nature of a fault which can be over-diagnosed by a garage 'looking for business'. This machine displays the faults it detects so that even an amateur can more easily manage a repair. My machine simply displayed "misfire on cylinder 1" fault to enable me to change my own spark plugs and high voltage lead to cylinder one. The repair was easy to complete. I was confident about its instant success and the machine paid for itself on its first task.. It is so simple to use that I quickly run a diagnostic check on a weekly basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maxiscan MS309 Scanner, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader
After reading a lot of reviews on this product I could not find one that said it worked on a 2007 1.8 petrol Vauxhall Vectra. So I just took the chance and guess what? It works! I have had the 'spanner in the car' light on for months, although it didn't affect the running of the vehicle. A friend connected his scanner, which cost 4 times as much, and did not find any fault codes. The Maxiscan has found 2 and told me what they are ( heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 2 ) Just got find out where this is now! Easy to use and would recommend this. Really happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Code Scanner!!!, 24 July 2013
S. Kelly - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader
Excellent product, fanatstic price, really fast delivery.
Cleared my fault no problems, sailed through the M.O.T.
I'm very happy with my purchase! 10 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars maxiscan ms309, 29 April 2012
This review is from: Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader
"arrived on time , good instructions , on screen fault codes and meanings , used on peugeot 307 sw estate had engine management light on , rectifed problem and engine light with this tool save me £700 {that is what the dealers was charging} , very happy with purchase and supplier

5.0 out of 5 stars Maxiscan MS309, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader
I was not certain whether to purchase this scanner it was far too cheap to work but what the heck, it arrived on time i opened the package and thought isn't it small. I hurried out to the car to plug it in hit the scan button and away it went, the display told me the fault which was what I expected, i then erased the code and to my surprise the light on the dash went out, so if you are wanting a scanner and do not want to spend a lot of money this one works for menMaxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars life saver, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Maxiscan MS309 Diagnostic Scanner Code Reader
I was quoted £85 to hook my 2004 Citroen C5 to a diagnostic machine, so I thought I'd give this a go. Not only did it give me a fault code but it also gave a brief description of the fault. Once the fault was fixed I used this again to clear the fault codes.
Well worth the money!! Also tested it on the Citroen Berlingo estate (2010) and a Ford Focus diesel (2003) worked well on both,