5.0 out of 5 stars Just my opinion, but...
I have been kind of surprised by the mixed reaction to this album - I was particularly surprised by the amount of reviews on pretty much day one of the release. I like to spend a bit more time listening before I form an opinion, hopefully to provide a more rounded view.

Anyway, having spent the last week with Michael (figuratively speaking) I am glad to say...
Published on 19 Mar 2012 by R. Keech

3.0 out of 5 stars Home again
Not as good as I expected to be but easy background music to relax to. Not sure if I'll purchase more of his work.
Published 6 months ago by Mrs. J. S. Cairns

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Home Again - Michael Kiwanuka, 2 April 2012
Fiona G (Thirsk, North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home Again (Audio CD)
Having caught a glimpse of some of this man's work on Later with Jools Holland I was hoping for great things with this album, and I have to say I was not disappointed. This is a superb album, such a pity then it is so badly produced. Paul Butler hang your head in shame. If you are reading this it's time you went back to school to learn how to produce music. No matter what eq setting you apply to this album it still sounds awful.

Michael next time you are in the studio make sure you get a far better producer and engineer, you deserve much better than this. I truly hope that others appreciate your talent - truly a rising star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning., 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: Home Again (Audio CD)
Ordered this album after hearing just one song previously - and I am not disappointed. Effortless vocals that deliver depth and soul, uplifting lyrics and music, and beautifully crafted production. Pray that this guy can keep grounded, as I can't possibly believe that this won't be a massive hit. It'll be one of the few albums I will never tire of, I'm sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars voice of warmth, 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: Home Again (Audio CD)
This is a charming performer. So full of musicality, style and with the warmest voice I have heard in ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait!!!, 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: Home Again (MP3 Download)
As the title states, it is an an album that truly was worth waiting for. I've been keeping an eye on my calender since the release date was mentioned and was going to get it over at Itunes but then to find that Amazon has it for under £5 for album of the week, was a no brainer. Michael's smooth soulful voice is truly relaxing and easy to listen to whatever you're doing. If you like lazy, Sunday afternoon music, or just chillin' in the evening after a hard days work, then this is the Album to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very cool album, I heard a track somewhere (I can't ..., 6 Aug 2014
This is a very cool album, I heard a track somewhere (I can't even remember where) and looked him up and bought the album on spec. I opened it this evening whilst on a 4th date with a very nice lady and I couldn't have asked for better music on the occasion. Its great background but also great when you tune in and listen. Highly recommended for a chilled evening with a bottle of wine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 July 2014
Moving music

5.0 out of 5 stars Really smooth, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Home Again (Audio CD)
I wasn't sure what to expect when i bought this but it really pleasantly suprised me. it is the sort of thing toplay as background when having friends for dinner, or even when cooking it.Just pleasant and soothing. he has such good tone and there s something quite soothing in his voice.Glad i bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Home Again (Audio CD)
Beautiful voice, lovely melodies, spinetingling arrangements. Hints of Marvin Gaye, a touch of Van Morrison but something special in its own right.

3.0 out of 5 stars Home again, 2 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth sound, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Home Again (Audio CD)
So Quiet and smooth songs, remarkably talented. Like in literature the Empire writes back. Insistent sound, The album stands out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

Home Again
Home Again by Michael Kiwanuka (Audio CD - 2012)