5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SIXTIES SOUNDS
In keeping with the format of BBC Radio 2's weekly show this is an excellent compilation of hits, rarites and obscure material and it makes a change from the constant run of the mill 60's hit compilations.

Published on 23 Nov 2011 by K. Johansen

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds of the sixties
The second cd is awful, but the first is brilliant, more than makes up for the second one. good listening.
Published 6 months ago by MEY100

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SIXTIES SOUNDS, 23 Nov 2011
K. Johansen "luvmusic" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sounds of the Sixties (Audio CD)

I could not think of anyone better to start off disc 1 than Dusty and that's exactly what we have with her top ten hit I Close My Eyes & Count To Ten and there is also a Lana Sisters track which is the group Dusty worked with before The Springfields.

Great selection of tracks here so I think I will treat myself to an early Christmas present!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big confession: I haven't got this cd but..., 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: Sounds of the Sixties (Audio CD)
Ever since I heard it on Brian Matthew's Sound Of The Sixties there has been one track that I've tried to get on MP3 or CD with zero success. Up to now that track has been impossible to come by, except on Youtube. I was glancing through the track listing of this cd and there it was. That track is No Fun At The Fair by Bobby Goldsboro, a fantastically catchy upbeat song written by Mike D'Abo and I've just downloaded it. Brilliant, Wonderful. Goodness knows why this was never a hit. So, thank you Brian Matthews for introducing this track on the airwaves and thanks to this cd which means I can now listen to this track on my MP3 player whenever I want.

As for the rest of the tracklist I like the fact that there are very few obvious tracks. I have many Sixties compilations and various greatest hits collections but I have very few of the tracks that are on this compilation. So, on the surface it looks worth getting especially if you don't just like the obvious sixties tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars bbc sounds of the 60's, 29 Nov 2011
This review is from: Sounds of the Sixties (Audio CD)
Excellent album, well put together with little known hits from that era, such as I've got you on my mind by Dorian Gray and the Ken Thorne Orchestra, its mix is a reflection and diversity of the Saturday morning programme, well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars First of many I hope, 24 Jun 2014
Robert Carpenter (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sounds of the Sixties (Audio CD)
Having listened to Brian Matthews Sounds of the sixties regularly over the years, it's nice to hear those rare titles who
otherwise wouldn't see the light of day again. More please but let's have the rare one's as opposed to the songs constantly
in the re-issue compilation limelight. With the demise of The British Hit Parade compilation we no longer can access these
lost gems.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds of the sixties, 9 May 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Sounds of the Sixties, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sounds of the Sixties (Audio CD)
This is a disappointing CD which did not live up to my expectations of it. As a BBC CD I expected higher quality sound reproduction. It seems to have been produced in a low-tech recording studio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound of the Sixties, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sounds of the Sixties (Audio CD)
My husband and I love listening to Brian Matthew on Saturday mornings 'sounds of the sixties' so ordered this and we were not disappointed. Play it a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soinds of the sixties cd, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sounds of the Sixties (Audio CD)
All the favourites are here from a great era in music from the radio 2 catalogue. sit back and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, 14 Mar 2013
Coupland (hanpshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sounds of the Sixties (Audio CD)
very good service not a lot to say really something i liked so sent off for it and it arrived

5.0 out of 5 stars 60's, 18 Feb 2013
This review is from: Sounds of the Sixties (Audio CD)
Fantastic compilation of favorite songs from the sixties and some of the lesser known songs. Can we have some more from Phil 'the collector' Hearn.

Sounds of the Sixties
Sounds of the Sixties by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2011)