on 22 September 2012
Price paid - £2.69 (free postage).

Firstly - there is a review here which says that the phone sticks into the case leaving sticky marks on the back of the phone - this is untrue of the case I received in which the phone clips into a neatly fitting plastic surround which it is easy to both insert and remove the phone from but still holds the phone securely in place. The case is sturdy and rigid with a soft surface and appears to give good protection. The flip open operation and magnetic clasp work well, the camera and speaker ports are well placed and access to the Power Key, Volume Key and Strap Mounting Point is good - access to the headphone jack and multifunction (USB) jack are also goodISH with the negative point that the clasp must be open to use them as it otherwise blocks them off. The materials and construction of the case are good and very good for the price. The reverse of the case flap has two slots for credit cards which I will not be using as I see it as undesirable to have them pressing against the face of my Galaxy Y.

Now the extras - The screen protector seems of good quality but my personal preference is to not use it. The screen cleaning cloth is very small and is probably provided to prep the screen for protector installation. The stylus pen is of good quality and works well enough - it has been commented on in other reviews here that there is no way provided to attach the stylus to the case - this is slightly misleading as it has a strap hole in the top which would facilitate it being attached directly to the phone's own strap point (which is accessable with the case on and latched) using an appropriate strap such as the wrist strap supplied with many (though not all) Galaxy Ys though the inclusion of a dedicated strap with the stylus would be sensible and is a petty omission.

In conclusion - I am very pleased with this package and, given the price paid and my previous comments, do not hesitate to recommend it.

UPDATE 09-01-14: Still pleased with it, still works fine, hasn't fallen apart, still looks good with a couple of acceptable creases - a small piece of plastic from immediately above the volume key has broken off (the only real weak point) but this doesn't reduce functionality or even cosmetic appeal. Probably most importantly, it has done a very good job protecting my Galaxy Y. As time rolls on its good-buy status just gets better and better.

UPDATE 09-06-15: A little bit more worn here and there but still intact and going strong as is my Galaxy Y which it seems to be doing a good job of protecting.
on 8 February 2012
I have recently bought the Galaxy Y and it took me the best part of a couple hours to use the keyboard to hook up to the home wireless, because obviously the keyboard requires very tiny fingers and mine are not.

This touch screen stylus which is included in the package is excellent when using the key board, it's a bit like an artificial finger. Basically it's a rubber semi hemisphere which is attached to the bottom of the pen and retained by a ring. Simple and effective, it works!.

One point with the PU case, the ear phone and USB cable won't fit if it's closed. And as one reviewer has said you need a laggy band to attach the pen to the case as there's no retainer for it.

For the price this is a bargain.
on 12 September 2013
I entered search criteria as "Samsun Galaxy Young" and this option came up, however on receipt cover never fitted said phone. My daughter (whose first phone it was) was very upset. This also happened with a penguin cover I ordered, It was not the cost of this item as such it was the dissapointment regisetered in my little girls face whcih left me angry

Regards

Stuart Bowe
07775 895818
on 25 January 2012
QUALITY SAMSUNG GALAXY Y S5360 BLACK TOP FLIP PU LEATHER CASE ^^ INCLUDES SCREEN PROTECTOR , TOUCH SCREEN STYLUS AND POLISHING CLOTH ^^

The items sent were very useful, of a good quality and good value for money.

However, one suggestion is that an attachment (for example a couple of loops) is made to the case to hold the screen stylus pen. At the moment, it is loose and I am attaching it by elastic bands which does not do it justice!
on 24 August 2012
Quick delivery of case. Having had it for only a short while , the following are first impressions. The case fits the phone perfectly. The remarks made about the back of the phone sticking to the case are yet to be proven. However, I have noticed that there is a thin layer of 'felt' material stuck to the case, so Im wondering if this has been put there to prevent the 'sticking'. Yes, the case could do with some kind of loop attachment in which to store the stylus (which works a treat by the way), but it does have a pen clip which means it can be clipped to your pocket. The only thing that I am a bit nervous about is the fact that having read the instruction manual of my new phone after I ordered the case, it states 'not to use a case with a magnetic closure device for extended periods as it may malfunction or cause the battery to discharge'. Ive looked at this problem on the web, and there are varying views about it, most saying that it isnt a problem. Oh well, I can always rip the magnet out and stick a bit of velcro on in its place!! To sum up, for the money, its a good buy.
STOP PRESS: Now that Ive had it a while, I have one complaint. The phone fits in so tightly that it is very difficult to remove it. As Ive had one or two problems with my phone, Ive had to remove it 2 or 3 times. This has resulted in the sides at the top, near the side buttons of the phone, cracking. Its still doing the job it was designed for though. On the plus side, the magnetic catch doesnt interfere with the phones operation and the back of the phone doesnt stick to the cover.
on 22 June 2012
This arrived very quickly and I am very pleased with it. The case protects the phone well and the pen makes texting & emailing, a doddle. (I have fat fingers!) The only criticism I have is that with the headphones plugged in, it is not possible to close the magnetic flap, as it overlaps the hole for the headphone jack slightly. Other than that, a great buy and a very low price.
on 1 November 2012
The case provides a very neat, protective cover for the Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. It would have scored 5 stars if it had provided somewhere to attach the stylus.
on 22 January 2013
At first glance, it is a fairly well built case. Yes there are a few very minor rough edges on the rear, but they do not effect function in the slightest. I only have two problems, the first was that the screen protector was difficult to apply. It is a good concept, firstly you must remove the top layer, then you apply the cover, then remove the second layer. This should be quite easy as long as you don't screw it up. I had to clean my screen with the cloth provided thoroughly, as a piece of grit got inside and made a few bubbles. After a few attempts I have managed to apply the protector but with many bubbles within. They do no bother me much, as they turn 99% invisible when the display is on. My second problem is that there is no place to store the stylus, this means they have to be kept separate, so there is more chance of losing one of them.
Apart from this, this is a very good product and I recommend it highly, as you receive a lot for a very low price, and at a high quality too.
on 25 September 2013
hey to all thinking of buying this particular cover for their samsung galaxy y. i just bought my new galaxy phone and soon realized it had a great potential to be scratched, dropped and knocked, so with this in mind i searched the internet for a cheap yet quality leather cover. eventually i came across this product and for it's price i thought i'll give it a shot...

i ordered it on a Saturday, it arrived on the Tuesday, cost of course is as displayed only £3 odd. for my money i received a clear see through cover for the screen, a handy pen to make surfing the many apps and buttons much easier (especially when u have fat fingers as i do). To top this all off, the main cover itself is made from quality thick - ish leather that protects the phone well and looks very smart.

All in all, a lot of bang for your buck and a great deal to be had (this was certainly the case with i)if you have a samsung galaxy y, i would strongly recommend this product.
on 17 July 2012
Don't know how they can make it for this price. Fits phone perfectly, camera works fine not obscured by case, noticed other reviews moan about no where to put touch screen stylus, I just clip it on the top of the case. I ordered at the weekend on 3-5 day delivery received it in 2 days on the Tuesday. Great case Great service
review image review image