on 8 April 2012
Fast on delivery. Great tv unit it was tons better then i expected it to be. So easy to put together took me 15 mins. Looks fantastic once up and with the tv on. Well worth buying.
on 29 October 2014
This is a great TV stand, the glossy glass looks great, goes well with all my other black electronics.
Took me about half an hour to assemble. Be careful getting the glass out of the box as they are quite heavy. I cut the top off the top of the box and just lifted the glass out.

I have a 50" telly on it and the telly itself overhangs a couple of inches at either side, but still looks great and fits nicely.
The stand is wide enough to fit all of my electronics on.

Great price too, highly recommended.

Oh, and like someone else on here I too had a good read (and a good laugh) at the negative reviews. I was impressed that the company that manufacture this stand reply to the negative comments to help out with customers problems.
review image
on 11 March 2014
i have my 50" tv on it and holds it well looks really stylish
you could get a bigger tv on it if you wanted
on 19 July 2012
This is pretty good for the money. The plate glass is thick, strong and quite heavy, which basically accounts for all the cost of the unit. The main support is 4 ugly steel rods, which you'll never see, because they're covered by cheap, plasticy, silver-coloured cylinders, but they're aesthetically pleasing enough, and it's not like you'll be fondling them or inspecting them closely, so it's a minor point. The cable-tidy attachment was too difficult to secure, so I gave up, but at this price I don't really care.

My one and only real concern is the steel rods are secured to the plate glass by metal pads they screw into, and those pads are just super-glued to the glass (at the factory), and seem destined to eventually come off, especially if you move the unit around a lot. Be very careful, especially during construction, because you assemble the unit upside-down, then turn it over. Always lift from the bottom, so as to not put any strain on those glued pads, and get help from someone, just to be safe.

Another tip is use a delicate touch when screwing in the rods - "feel" their way in and turn gently, so as not to strip the threads. Unscrew them and try again if they don't "feel right". When they won't turn any more, apply one last hard eighth-of-a-turn to secure, then leave it at that. Don't be tempted to overdo the torque - as long as they don't wobble around in their sockets they should be fine.

Assuming it survives construction/placement it should last for years, just don't move it around too much.

It's a good size - longer than I expected, and not too wide. As such it won't be a good corner unit, but is perfect against a wall. There's plenty of space for my A/V and Hi-Fi stuff, with room to spare for discs, potted plants, or whatever. :)

I have another (corner) unit that cost about 120 quid, which is a lot smaller but has far better quality components and construction, but this one is perfectly adequate, and an absolute bargain for under 40 quid. Just treat it with care, and it'll be fine.
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2016
Review Overall summary :
Price - 5/5 - Personally I couldn't find any cheaper
Quality - 4/5 - Solid Glass, aluminium a little flimsy - but fine enough for job and looks nice
Assembling - 5/5 - I don't make things but I did this on my own with instructions provided in about 15-20mins

Recommended? - TVs between 37 inch up to 43 inch is ideal, any bigger then overhanging may occur. Picture provided shows my 42 inch TV on the stand.

Long review

Just moved house and needed a Tv stand for the front room which wasn't going to break the bank.

I came across this after endless searching around shops in the local town and was impressed by the low price for the style in comparison to what I had already seen.

Item arrived swiftly, so I unpacked all the pieces ready to begin building the stand.

- I am absolutely useless when it comes to building things but the instructions were so simple and you don't need any tools other than a knife in which to get inside the sealed up box. Took me about 15-20mins to finish assembling.

I've attached a photo of the finished display. My tv is a 42" tv and fits the entire width of the tablet with no over hang. - this is great for those who have newer TVs of this size which have the legs on the ends of the tv instead of centre stand.

I marked as 4 stars since the white one i purchased doesn't really come across as white but more a pale blue/green shade as it mixes with the actual glass. But overall I'm very pleased with this item.
review image
on 22 February 2016
The positives:
It looks good (see other reviewers' images). Glass very dark and highly reflective.
Quality materials used! That's real glass and real aluminium tubing on there.
Plenty of space for all sorts of boxes on the shelves. Each could comfortably accommodate 2 VCR/DVD boxes stacked on top of each other, plus an extra one on the bottom shelf. They're also wide enough for two boxes, so you could probably fit 2*(3+2)= 10 in total. Plenty of space!
While my tv isn't here yet, I can say it'll hold 8.3kg of bag with a contact radius not dissimilar to your typical circular TV stand.

The negatives:
No instruction manual. No easily accessible link to one from the website either (-1 star). It's fairly intuitive, just note that plastic spacers should go between all aluminium and glass parts - and ideally orient the cable tidies so they're both toward the bottom of the shelf. Assemble upside down.
Aluminium tubing was rough cut on edges and was still full with filings (see image) - manufacturer had not bothered to clean these away. Breathing in fine metal dust is of course bad for the lungs. -1 star for cutting corners leading to potentially unsafe assembly.

Overall:
I like it - best looking stand around for the price. Please charge another 20p and remove those filings/provide an instruction booklet.
review image review image
on 20 March 2012
The product arrived very promptly and in good condition. The delivery company was very good (Yodel) despite the presence of poor ratings given by some Amazon customers. The quality of the product itself was excellent! It was very well packaged and had all the necessary assembly instructions. Once assembled, the product looks superb, fitting in particularly well with Glossy Black/White TVs.

Overall it's a great buy, I highly recommend it if you do not wish to spend £100 on a high street equivalent of no better quality.
on 29 May 2014
I bought one of these from the designer site (Quatropi) about 2 years ago. Since having the living room re-decorated we had no room for it so we gave it to my brother. I was a bit gutted as it was stunning and it cost over £250. Well I wanted something similar but smaller and saw this one here on Amazon.

I am amazed at the quality of this for the small price. This is almost identical to the 'Quatropi' one I had - wow! It arrived in two days, it was extremely well packaged and I put it together by myself in less than 15 minutes! It looks stunning and is a perfect fit for our 40" TV with room either side. Also there is plenty of room on the shelves to hold a Blu-ray box, a SKY box, a PS3 and an X-Box :)

I would highly recommend this item and this company. Yodel Couriers were great too. The courier was a very chirpy, friendly guy.

5 stars from me!
on 26 August 2012
After buying a new 42" LED TV, I was looking for a descent stand to put it on, most stands in Argos, Tesco etc. Are around the £80.00 mark for something this size, and nowhere near as good finish or quality ,for the quality you get with this stand expect to pay 3-4 times the price
The minimal use of plastic is refreshing, the tubes and the panels at the back that the wires go through are all Aluminium, the only plastic being the parts at the end of the tubes that protect the glass and the feet.
For the money, this has to be the best stand on the market at this time.
The use of quality materials, ease of construction and fast delivery (2 days) make this a no brainer, don't even look elsewhere, just look at these reviews and buy one!
on 20 April 2014
Very nice looking stand, it took about 15 minutes to put together, very pleased with the result.
The thing is very heavy, I was surprised with the package, it's some good quality glass they put in, the cylinders are not very thick, but it looks like they easily support the glasses and will last.
It sits perfectly with my 42inch screen.
The cable management on the back can be useful. Pretty stable overall.

Happy!