Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now

on 12 December 2012
I have bought a good DSLR camera and lenses and I am going on holiday to Costa Rica. I need something to carry this plus all the other bits and pieces and this fitted the bill.
It is able to hold everything, but looks like just an ordinary backpack. I don't want to advertise the £5000+ gear inside.
It is also the right size to carry on to an aircraft.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 2 February 2014
The bag is much larger than I expected. All of my gear fits well, with room to spare. Being able to fit some spare clothes and stuff in the top compartment is a bonus as well!
Inside I have:
Miranda 24mm
Olympus 50mm
Olympus 70-210mm
Olympus OM-10

So there's space for a load of gear, and that's just the main compartment! You will however need to come up with your own way of fitting everything in and keeping it padded well, as the default layout isn't efficient, or particularly versatile. I also have a Manfrotto MK294A3 strapped to the side using the handy wee pocket (a detail I really like)

All in all it's a great bag, but the size is something you need to be aware of. It's not an issue for me, but if you're a wee person or you're concerned about sticking out, it's definitely worth thinking about. (I'm making it sound much bigger than it is.)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 15 June 2014
I have acquired a few different camera bags recently for different events, this one for long days out and treks.

Firstly, let me say that I am reviewing this bag as a DSLR owner and photographer, not videographer. The bag has two main compartments, the bottom section for your camera and a multitude of accessories, and the top section for all your other stuff gear.

Lets start with the camera section. It states that the dividers are modular, which is a bit of a stretch. I suppose they are, but you are limited to where there is Velcro, which is only where the dividers are placed to begin with. The only one Io moved is the central one, just back a few centimeters to allow for a longer telephoto zoom lens to be attached to my camera when stored (a 75-300mm on my 600D).

In terms of what I can fit in the camera section, as I have mentioned I have my Canon 600D, an 18-55mm lens, 75-300mm lens, flashgun, a small bag filled with various small accessories (air blower, lens pen, straps, memory card case, lens cloth, battery etc.) and several filters in a case, and as it stands there is room for an extra lens. My camera is actually a bit small for this bag and moves about, but the amount of padding means this really isnt an issue at all. The bonus is that I could have my camera in here with a battery grip attached if I wanted.

The opening for this compartment covers the back and one side of the bag, which means you can swing this round and grab your camera without having to take your bag off and put it down if its a bit muddy on the ground.

The top compartment is also huge, much bigger than it looks in the picture. I took this bag on a long day trip to Haworth (involving steam trains and the 1940's weekend) and I managed to fit everything I needed for the day in there. A small towel, a raincoat, food & drink for two, and had room to spare. Features of the top compartment are a key-ring loop and, interestingly, a Velcro-fastening loop for headphones (I guess with the idea of video makers in mind, but a useful touch nevertheless.

There is a large, top-loading laptop compartment (also useful for magazines) which is very useful and will fit up to a 17" laptop.

There is a pretty standard small pocket on the front of the bag for small documents, little gadgets or something.

There is a rather large mesh pocket on one side of this bag which will comfortably hold large water bottles.

The tripod holder is stored behind the mesh pocket, and unfolds to hold the bottoms of the tripod legs, while one of the side straps next to the upper compartment will go around the top of the tripod. I have a compact Manfotto MKC3-H01 which I take on walks and this feels very secure (although the bag is so big I have to extend one of the leg sections by a couple of inches.

The All-Weather cover is stored underneath the bag and pulls out through a pocket at the bottom of the back of the bag. It is silver and will thus protect against rain and hot/cold temperatures.

All in all, I have found this bag to be perfect for day trips and occasions where I need to take a lot of kit. It took me a long time to decide between this and the smaller 250AW, and I think I made the right choice, I love the amount of room and the freedom it gives me, would recommend this to anyone!
on 17 July 2012
A great bag for all occasions with great easy access to my equipment. I carry my Canon 50D Mk III, 24-105mm lens, 50mm lens, Speedlite 600 EX-RT, chargers, filters and a bunch more equipment. The side pocket fits my large camera tripod perfectly and the rain cover means I don't have to worry about the weather getting to any of my gear.
on 9 August 2014
Very robust. Where there is room for your laptop I found a thin plastic container that fits in this place. I use this to put sandwiches in when out in the field for the day and a small flask to fit in the top compartment. This still provides enough space for all of your camera equipment. Fits well on my back and have not noticed any shoulder fatigue that I got from my last bag.
on 25 September 2014
Very impressed with this bag. Having looked at a lot of other camera bags of this size I finally chose the Lowepro option and was not entirely sure what to expect.

Normal kit carried
Various cables
8 x AA rechargeable with charger
Large Manfrotto tripod
Large water bottle

The seems well built and has lasted the rigours of the road so far. Given the heavy kit the bag is normally loaded with the seams show no sign of wear or deformation.

The straps are comfortable and well placed for me, 6'4" man and I have had no problem walking with the bag for long periods.
on 29 August 2012
I did an exhaustive research over several weeks including trekking into central London to find the perfect bag for my Sony A-77 body, 24-70mm and 70-300mm lenses, Sony HVL-F43AM flash unit and Sony VG-C77AM vertical grip.

After many fruitless journeys and internet searches, I came upon the Lowepro 350 AW DSLR Video Fastpack Camera Bag. It only surfaced in the searches when I had put the video term in!

Like the other reviewer (whom I wish to thank!), the product positioning is wrong for this bag. It is the BEST CAMERA BAG I have come across and it is oh so comfortable. It is also air travel cabin friendly.

I wholeheartedly recommend this bag. You will not regret it
on 16 November 2013
Lowepro lasts. This would be my judgement having had a few of these bags, to the exclusions of other good bags I have to say, so I can't compare it with other makes, but this Fastpack appears as well made as I'm used to and I'm pleased with. How much I shall used it I'm not sure. It's much bigger than I'd pictured (a disadvantage of Internet Purchase I'm afraid) and definitely will take everything I want to put in it. But it is big and doubles the depth of my body when I put it on. I'm sure I'd have taken the smaller one had I tried them in a shop.
on 26 April 2013
There's loads of space in this bag, fantastic for a backpack. The pouch included for a wireless mic set is a wonderful touch and really useful. It's comfortable despite the obvious heaviness that comes with filling it. There's space for everything, I usually have:

5D, juicedlink, 2-4 lenses, white balance card, spare batteries, small led light, 2 x shockmounts, 2 x mics, 2 x xlr cables, wireless mics, spare cards, boom pole. That's about as much as the bag will hold, more than enough for running around shooting with the bag.
on 12 April 2013
I took ages reading reviews on the plethora of camera bags available and eventually decided on this one. It's ideal for plane travel and I particularly like the "free format" space in the top half. Although this is supposed to be for video equipment I use if for all my other bits and bobs. The main compartment is well thought out with adjustable dividers.

All in all and excellent product which I highly recommend