on 30 July 2014
I bought these cartridges for my newly purchased Brother machine to replace the starter cartridge it came with. The cartridges are rated by the seller as delivering 2600 printed pages at 5% yield, which you might interpret to mean that a page of typical text that might have 5% ink coverage would deliver 2600 sheets. However, you'd be completely wrong!

In a 'real world' print run, I actually got less than 1000 pages out of each - considerably less than the '2600' pages claimed. To make things worse, unlike the original Brother cartridge, these have no mechanism for stopping your print run when the toner runs low, and as this printer outputs the printed paper image upside down, you won't see it happening when it does. Due to a high capacity tray and rapid print speed, the Brother printer can easily print 180 sheets in just a few minutes - lots of potential wasted paper without any warning!

When I queried these really poor results with the seller, Ciber Direct, I got the following response:

"The quoted yield is on the listing, the problem is that the 5% coverage is very arbitrary as it depends on so many variables, it's not really possible to give an accurate yield so I think that "they" just picked a figure out of the air. As I'm sure you appreciate we have to quote the same figure as everyone else does because apart from anything else, if we said that "it's 2,600 but it's actually based on these 10 factors and you might get less" when everyone else says it's 2,600 dead on we may not sell very many of them."

An interesting admission from the seller that the yield figure is inflated for sales purposes, but perhaps they should also consider that the Brother starter cartridge supplied with the machine is also rated at '5% yield' and actually delivered 685 of the 700 pages it was rated for. It then shut down to protect the print quality of my job. No complaints there.

If, like me you think you're looking to buy these in the expectation that you are going to get 5,200 printed pages (or somewhere near it) for £26 - thats 0.5p per page - you may find that in real world usage, you'll get much less than half that output. I found that the true cost was not 0.5p per printed page, but actually 1.3p per printed page. To put it another way, I would have to have spent £67 on Ciber Direct toner to get the page volume they are claiming for this £26 pack. In that light - these are very poor value for money.

I hope this review helps you make a better informed decision about the quality of the product on offer, accuracy of the listing and the honesty of the seller.
on 31 January 2014
Most of my printing is done using inkjets because I am a keen photographer but lately as I'm starting a new study programme, I need to print out a lot of .pdf files and a laser printer was the only practical choice. I bought a Brother printer which is brilliant but I was highly disappointed in how quickly the toner that came with it ran out. I contacted Brother and basically as there were lots of graphics in what I was printing - tough luck, I therefore needed a cheaper alternative to buying OEM toner and gave 2 CiberDirect a go as the price was excellent and I still had lots more print outs to do.

As far as I'm concerned, the supplied toner really does the job, the prints are equally as crisp printing both sides and they seem to yield more prints. In fairness this is a difficult one because although the first cartridge from the pair has printed slightly more than the Brother original and seems to have plenty of life left in it, the actual yield comes down to percentage coverage of each sheet and I haven't got time or inclination to calibrate that. But even so, if the yield was identical, at this price and quality, I would buy these every time and recommend them highly.
on 5 May 2014
At this price for 2 cartridges, vs £45+ for 1 genuine cartridge, how could I say no? Well, suffice it to say that after fewer than 100 pages of mediocre performance both cartridges showed the same flaw of degraded and now unacceptable printing quality. Anything, remotely resembling non-text would show characteristic white horizontal lines and even text ink density was inconsistent across the page. Returning to a genuine manufacturer cartridge showed no such faults (ruling out potential printer error).
on 2 March 2014
The price is great and you get value for your money. Not only that..... these guys are quick and helpful if you've got an urgent problem. Highly recommendable.

Update January 04,2015:
The latest cartridge did definitely NOT last 6 months, more like 6 weeks. And nowhere near 100 pages. I am very, very disappointed and have to re-think my positive views. Pity. Had to order another cartridge. And did it from another supplier. I'll keep you updated.

Update November 09, 2014:
Over the last 6 months I have done a lot of professional quality printing. The last cartridge I bought did around 2000 pages of sheet music in very high quality and all that time without any problems. I've just put in the next cartridge and hope it will again last for a min. 6 months.
Ok, you have to go through the setup process but saving at least 30GBP on EACH cartridge is well worth the effort!!!! I'm about to order another spare cartridge. My 4th! And I will order from CiberDirect as long as they will be in business offering the same quality.
on 6 July 2013
I don't see any point in paying for manufacturers' branded toner once the printer warranty has expired.

In fact, with prices now, it's difficult to justify paying printer manufacturers' prices at all.

These work just fine and save a lot of money.
on 21 December 2013
I ordered two of these as a pack the first one I fitted didn't work so I fitted second one and that worked I didn't worry about the loss and entered a review of the product stating this
I received an email from the company asking if I would return the faulty one for exchange. I emailed them back explaining I hah disposed of the faulty unit. they said don't worry and sent me a replacement THIS IS FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE AND I WAS REALLY HAPPY TO FIND THE REPLACMENT ON MY DOORSTEP THE NEXT DAY
200% FOR SERVICE
on 27 November 2013
Toner cartridge works ok but every print job shows the toner low message. It's a bit of a pain because I won't know when it really is low!

9th January update - stopped working altogether now so perhaps it isn't my printers fault after all, very dissappointed as used these cartidges before but won't purchase again.
on 6 July 2013

These work just fine and save a lot of money.
on 7 August 2013
I have used these campatible toners from CiberDirect a number of times, they have never let me down. The toners are easy to install into my Brother laser printer and produce a very good yield, plus the price is great value for money.
on 3 May 2015
Ordered this toner for a Brother HL-2250DN laser printer as was recommended by a friend. I use the printer all day so it means a lot to get toner for cheaper. I can confirm it just worked when I changed it. Be sure to slide the drum filter over and back, wipe the drum before you put the new toner in and make sure you wipe the new toner before it goes in the drum (otherwise the first few pages will have small dots of additional toner).

I have to say you wouldn't notice anything different compared to the original toners from Brother. Would recommend.

Only catch I found, I had to use Parcel Motel to have it delivered to Ireland as unfortunately the seller would not deliver to the Republic of Ireland