5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!
I have never owned an upright vacuum cleaner and was dubious as to its ability to do the job sufficiently. How wrong could I be.

Initially I found it heavy to push as I'm used to pushing a brush and towing my cylinder cleaner behind me.
Published on 18 Dec 2011 by S. Hammond

2.0 out of 5 stars It broke
We had the hoover for 2 weeks. within 2 days the turbo tool had broken, which was disappointing but manageable. Then a week later it stopped working completely! We were only hoovering, we have a lot of pets so lots of fur but it's designed for pets! We have had to send it back, that was a week ago and i am still waiting for a refund.
Published 15 months ago by Painter

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, 18 Dec 2011
S. Hammond "Steve" (Frinton-On-Sea, Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Hoover Turbo Power Long Reach Pets and Delicate Floors UTP1610 Energy Efficient Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner - 1600 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The first and most challenging job for this new vacuum was the living room carpet. Only fitted a year ago so not particularly dirty but it very quickly had developed bobbling to the surface in front of the sofa. No amount of vacuuming with my cylinder cleaner (only 3 years old I must add) could resolve the problem. One vacuum with this Hoover and every bobble has been removed. I am so pleased it looks like a new carpet again.
Next challenge- the stairs. This Hoover has a long hose and when positioned at the foot of the stairs I could reach to my half landing with ease.

Very long power cable meant I could reach the whole of the downstairs without having to move the plug.
The bagless dust canister is easy to monitor when it needs emptying and emptying it was a breeze. One button opens the cannister and all the dirt drops out easily. By the end of my cleaning today I was quite horrified with the amount of dirt this vacuum cleaner had removed from my carpets.
Even has lights on the front for vacuuming in dark corners of your rooms.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dust doesn't stand a chance!, 16 Jan 2012
A. Milne "themilnes" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've had a Dyson for many years and firmly believed that they were the best. However, this Hoover has really impressed me and possibly made me a convert!

In general it seems like someone has really thought about this vaccuum cleaner. For example, it has an extra long lead so that you don't have to keep plugging in and unplugging so many times as you move around the house cleaning, (BIG hurray!). It also has an extra long hose that will reach to the top of a standard staircase without you having to drag the body of the vaccuum up with you, which is another major plus for me. That said, you don't get all this extra long stuff without some compromise...and it is a bit of a pain winding the cord back up because the hose takes up so much room. Still, personally I think that the benefits outweigh the slight downside here, but it's something to be aware of. It has a large capacity bin for the dust meaning less trips to the bin, and the filters are washable which saves having to buy replacements and is hopefully a little more eco-friendly.

Now, onto what might be the most important thing for a vaccuum - the suction. Well, this thing sucks like a thing possessed! Seriously, it's like a mini black hole! The suction is so impressive that I initially found that it felt quite heavy and hard to push around, but the amount of dust that it got out of my carpet was scary and it's temporarily revived a carpet that I really thought had totally had it. Definitely a thumbs up from me on this front! The HEPA filters mean that more of the dust stays in the vaccuum - great for those with allergies...and nice also for those who don't!

If all the above still hasn't convinced you then let me tell you that my Mum, (cleanliness guru), had a go with it last weekend and was so impressed that she's now going to purchase one. Enough said! All in all this is a great vaccuum cleaner and it seems to be really good value for money. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoovering in the dark screaming like a banshee, 19 Jan 2012
All of them Witches (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Top vacumn cleaner with powerful suction, sleekly designed and a number of really well designed features. It comes complete with a variety of, now standard, attachments such as a wood and laminate tool which works well enough, a crevice tool, a pets turbo brush which works well on furniture, stairs that sort of thing and a dusting brush thing which I haven't really had any cause to use as yet as I find the other attachments do all the jobs really well.
The cord is some 12 metres long so great for doing stairs and the coll looking transparent flexible hose is 4.5 metres long so not much lugging of the vacumn is required. Due to the suction power though it does require some effort to push it to and fro but will be fine for the majority of people.
A great little addition and something possibly a bit gimmicky but nonetheless really practical is the light function at the base of the vacumn which is designed to illuminate dark spaces under furniture etc. This light is quite bright and does enable one to vacumn in the dark if thats your thing! The pet brush attachment also screams like a banshee which adds to the night time hoovering experience!
The bin with the vacumn is a good size and pulls out and empties without fuss and the filter can be removed and washed which is so much better than other filters I've attempted to clean before. It's one of those vacumns again that the cord winds around the back which I prefer now. Worth mentioning assembley as only the handle needs slotting in with a quick use of a screwdriver and that's it; no fiddly plastic to assemble. Really really recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Super Powerful Vacuum cleaner, 20 Jan 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Over the years I have used many vacuum cleaners, and this is one of the most powerful I have ever used in terms of suction. The suction on the cleaner is excellent and it picks up very well on thick pile carpets just as well as thinner ones. This is obviously the most important things for a vacuum cleaner, so a big thumbs up for that. It remains powerful when using the hose and attachments as well so all good there.

The HEPA filter is also an excellent addition, although it isn't anything new as many other models have it these days...but a good addition none the less. The length of the cable is alos very impressive and much better than the model down from this one.

The weight of this machine is pretty good...not the lightest on the market by any means but still pretty comfortable for most people I would imagine.

The build quality seems good and looks like it will last many years, which is backed up by the generous warranty provided.

The only thing I have to say as a slight negative is that I tend to get some static electric shocks from this cleaner when in use. I have no idea why this is but thought it worth a mention.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the vacuum you need!, 12 Jan 2012
Adamski (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is quite simply a BEAST of a vacuum cleaner. It is so powerful that dust, hairs and carpet bobbles will be granted absolutely no mercy. Out of the box, assembly is minimal. You just have to screw the handle onto the top and you're away. There is a light on the front which illuminates underneath furniture and other places where dust may lurk. The power cord is very long and easily allows a full flight of stairs to be cleaned with the hose attachment, which is also very long when stretched. Included is a pet hair attachment, which can be enjoyed even if you don't own animals. It is basically a miniature version of the underside of the vacuum cleaner - ie it has a rotating carpet brush, so it's great for using on stair carpets and fabric furniture. The hose attachment is very easy to use, you don't have to remove the handle or part-dismantle the device in order to use it! It just pulls out of a recess and is there to use in a heartbeat. Dust removal is easy, just remove the cylinder with the push of a button. With a 5-year guarantee, there is nothing to go against it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sucking brilliant!, 14 Feb 2012
Flickering Ember "I need a break and I wanna ... (Once Upon A Long Ago.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the best hoover I have EVER used. Yes, it is about the same weight and height as I am, but it is mighty powerful, achieving the previously impossible (lifting what I would gather is YEARS of accumulated filth from the carpets of my rented flat), and making a real difference. It is the noisiest vacuum cleaner I have ever used, so I would advise others living in flats to be mindful of what time of day/night they use it, but that is the only downside I can find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful design features plus excellent suction, 19 Dec 2011
uncle barbar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Exceptionally easy to put together, just snap the handle on and screw into place. The dust filter is very similar to the Dyson and easy to wipe clean. (I dislike the pleated kind such as on an old Vax, where you have to brush into the grooves to clean it). I was also pleased to see that the hepa filter is washable. There are no costly filters to replace as there were with my old Electrolux. Suction is excellent. There is a window over the rotary bar which is useful to indicate if there is something caught round the rotating bristles. Most of the hose section is see-through and this really helps if you need to try to spot a blockage - although the hose plastic does look a little thin and flimsy, so I shall report back on how well this wears. The dustbin is nice and big at 3L, compared to the Hoover cylinder Xarion which I found rather small at just 1L. Comes with a complete set of tools including pet hair nozzle. I was pleased to see the laminate floor cleaner which is a bit like the long cleaning brush head you get with a regular cylinder. I have found this great for hoovering the mattress and -- don't laugh -- the ceiling. The extra long 17m hose extension tubes are a real plus for giving better reach and stops you having to hoist up the hoover to reach high spots (when I 'd got the extension tube plugged into the right hole!). The extra long lead is also great since you don't need to keep switching sockets to hoover the whole house.

* 1600W Motor
* 200 Airwatts
* 17m Cleaning Reach
* Large 3 Litre Bin
* On-Board Storage
* Extra long lead - 12 m
* One-touch dust opening
* See-through hose
* Light on front to illuminate dark corners
* No pricy replacing of filters
* Five-year guarantee

A good little light weight hoover for your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sucking!!, 22 Oct 2013
well, what can i say.....hoover sucks like a blackhole!!! just make sure your carpets are well secured and pet's are well away from it when in use....i'm sure we used to have a cat... the faint sounds of meows coming from the hoover dust collector was a clue to the whereabouts of our feline friend:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great suction!, 28 Dec 2011
Ms. M. Cheung (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a super hoover, it sucks up all the ingrained dirt that you never noticed before.

We used to use a Henry, which I was really happy with, but the carpet was looking pretty flat. On using this Hoover I had a cylinder-full of dust every time for the first few times I used it, and the carpet was a lot springier - I had no idea that there was so much dirt inside it!! Unbelievable!! It was as if I had never vacuumed the carpet before!

The light is also a god-send, it makes it so much easier to see the dirt and stray hairs. Now, both me and my daughter have long hair, and usually the shed hair sits on top of the carpet and I have to go over it quite a few times with the Henry to get it all off. With the Hoover just once is enough, all the hair is gone in one go!

OK, bad points? The detachable hose is long enough for a 13-stair staircase, as it states on the box, but that's the limit. The cord winding points are also not ideal (the hose gets in the way), I prefer to use the lower hose-holding hook instead. You also cannot avoid the fact that you must lug the hoover up or down the stairs if you want to clean more than one floor - and it is HEAVY. It's so heavy that it gives me sore arms to push it for too long, so now my husband does the vacuuming (yay!) Also, it is really noisy - it sounds like someone is using an electric hammer drill if you're in a different room.

BUT those are just small niggles which I accept as part and parcel of an upright hoover - as I said before, the suction is amazing, which is the main point of a vacuum cleaner after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels like a vacuum cleaner, 12 Oct 2013
I chose this model as previous reviews said it had to be pushed. This is because it has excellent suction. The first time I vacuumed the lounge I had to empty vacuum when I was three quarters through. Proving that my old vacuum was rubbish! The carpet looks like new when I have finished hoovering. The suction is so good it tried to lift the Lino in the kitchen....I hate 'hoovering' but with this model at least you can see something for your effort. It was easy to fit together and emptying is easy prays. Good range of tools.