on 9 January 2012
Encouraged by other reviews we decided to purchase this bracket, although I was a bit suspicious of the massive discount from RRP, which suggested it had been reduced by over one hundred pounds! Hmmm.

It was purchased to mount our new Toshiba 32BV801B television in a spare room where space was at a premium. Delivery, despite being during the Christmas/New Year holidays was truly excellent! Arrived within 48hrs of ordering, well packaged and containing the "universal fitting kit" designed for mounting the majority of televisions on the market. Ah, well, that would be the majority except Toshiba! Yes, you read that correctly; the assortment of different sizes of machine screws don't fit a Toshiba (we checked with a different Toshiba model too, and no luck there either!) so be aware of that.

Fitting is easy enough. One electric drill, one 10mm masonry drill bit, one screwdriver/10mm spanner, spirit level and you'll have the bracket up in no time. My advice; disassemble the bracket by taking out the central swivel bolt; it helps ease the marking of the holes and if you then fit the base bracket to the television you can simply slide the television into position and drop the bolt through and tighten, job done.

Good range of adjustment, certainly enough for our needs. Another top tip; connect all the rear leads before mounting the television to the bracket!

However, apart from the glaring omission of machine screws that fit a Toshiba, my biggest concern is the quality of the joint at the swivel. It is quite flimsy with a wide range of movement even when fully tightened. Yes, it is holding our 9Kg television quite happily and once adjusted in the horizontal plane stays there but if you need to connect/disconnect cables it moves instantly out of level, time for the spirit level again...!

The instructions reckon it is safe for up to 30Kg/66lbs loadings but I'm not convinced I'd be happy putting that sort of weight on it, simply due to that movement in the swivel section, then again at that weight I'd have gone for a "bar" type bracket, but this one is ideal for lightweight/smaller televisions.

Summary: good company with great service, product ideal for smaller/lighter televisions but not recommended for anything approaching the advertised weight limit and make sure you have the correct machine screws for the rear of your brand of television before you start!
33 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2011
Firstly, even though the bracket does the job that its supposed to do I found that trying to put it up could be a little fiddly and frustrating at times. But all in all a good buy!!

On opening the box I was impressed the size of the package. Was relieved not to see a massive pile of bits and pieces and found the instruction manual very straight forward and easy to follow. The only reason I had so many problems was from being tired and loosing my common sense to read properly.

The backplate fit perfectly on the back of my TV with it being 37" Samsung series 6 TV was very nervous about hanging it on a wall, but once you get the initial bracket drilled into the wall and safe and secure its all just a breeze and works perfectly!!

I spent a long hard time thinking and choosing the right bracket for my TV and have definitely made a good choice here, I recommend this bracket to anyone who does want an easy built, safe and secure piece of equipment.

Dave.
on 11 September 2014
Fantastic bracket, great price and all the fixings you would need. I had this up on the wall within half an hour, including measuring. Really pleased with it considering the price that others were being sold for. Its a really sturdy piece of kit with nice heavy wall fixings. Go on, take a chance, it is worth it.
on 9 November 2015
I like this bracket, the. I bought this for a 32inch TV. The TV is very light so the bracket works well and has enough movement both on the tilt and from side to side. The tilt on this bracket should be set on installation as it is a bit awkward to do once the TV is in place.
In terms of installation, I put this up on plasterboard but it fitted securely as the screws reached through to the plasterboard of the adjoining wall. I only did this as I could not locate the stud wall (although I thought I had), but am happy that it is totally secure.
Make sure you check the bracket against the fittings on the back of your TV, mine was a JVC and it was fine. I also measured this up against a 32 inch Samsung and the bracket aligned.
Turned out the most expensive part of this purchase was delivery but still came in under £10 so definitely recommend it if you are looking for a budget bracket which once in place will not be moved around.
on 6 November 2014
Ideal, does exactly as described. I did worry it might be flimsy, as similar products in stores cost way more, but it is sturdy and holds quite a heavy 32" TV no problem.
Tricky to put up, but that is the nature of these things and probably no design would be easy, and it helped that you could use either a screwdriver or a spanner to tighten the bolts once the TV was attached.
on 14 July 2016
It was delivered the next day - well done. The bracket is well designed and easy to fit. The bracket is such that there is a good size gap at the back of the television to put all the cables in easily.

Attach the plate to the television - remove the hinge pin - attach the other plate to the wall - offer up the television to the wall bracket - line up the holes and slip the hinge pin in - easy. I will own up I read these instruction off another persons information - it works.
on 14 April 2015
Well I have got to say that this is the worst TV bracket I have bought, none of the screws fitted a standard TV and whilst trying to find the out the screws rounded off in the TV. The bracket would not hold a 22" TV let alone a 32" like it stated. Can not be used.
on 21 April 2016
Purchased to hold a 32" Samsung LED panel and does that nicely with no problem or strain on it.

This was easily to put up and took me about 15 mins inc 5 minutes of measuring and marking lines for holes.

As said, it hold the television with no problem and has plenty of available movement, both side to side and up and down.

Is made of good quality materials and costs much less than expensive variants that do the same job from electrical retailers on the high street.
on 3 April 2012
Designer Habitat Basics - Swivel & Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket for 17" - 37" LED LCD Plasma TVsThis bracket is enormous - don't buy it if it is for a small TV. I bought it for a 22inch TV and the top of the bracket shows above the top of the TV. I had to bend it to fit as the large flat mounting area on the bracket is larger than the flat space available on the back of my Sony Bravia TV. I am buying a smaller bracket. The description says suitable for TV's from 17inch - don't buy it for one that small.
on 28 July 2013
I bought a larger Habitat wall bracket for my 40 inch TV and was really impressed so expected great things from this bracket.

Unfortunately, this little bracket just didn't deliver. The bracket didn't assemble all the well and had a cheap, loose feel to it. Once fully set up and on the wall the TV wiggled in the bracket when you tried to adjust it, often leaving it at annoying angles.

I realise this bracket is cheap - and indeed I haven't sent it back for that very reason - but I just wanted to let others know that the build quality of the larger brackets obviously doesn't always scale-down too well!