5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant trousers
I bought a second pair of these trousers because they are the only trousers I can find that a) fit and b) keep my legs warm in winter.

Another thing I like very much about them is that they wash and dry like a dream - they dry very quickly and don't need ironing!

Published on 6 Mar. 2012 by Deborah

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but far too long.
These trousers were good quality and well made but far too long in the leg. It was not clear from the advert that the only size available was 'long'. I am 5'5" but they were about 15 cms too long and had to be returned. A shame as they would have been ideal for gardening in autumn/winter.
Published on 25 Mar. 2011 by The GardeThe Gardenerner

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant trousers, 6 Mar. 2012

Unfortunately they are not the most flattering trousers I've ever worn - but perhaps that's the price you have to pay to be warm and comfortable. I use them for going for walks and for shopping, and for keeping warm in the house when the heating can't quite cope.

The multiple pockets could be useful athough I can't imagine ever using all of them. The pocket on the leg will just about take a phone but would be better if it was a bit bigger. I use the hand-warming pockets a lot - the pocket linings are kind to the hands - smooth.

I just hope that Craghoppers are still making these trousers when mine wear out. Hopefully that will be a long time off, but maybe not as I wear them such a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Warmth!, 21 May 2012
I bought these trousers as I feel the cold quite badly, one of the best things I ever did!! Camping is now a pleasure, what a difference to my temperature. The fleece lining is so warm and cosy I never go away without them now. Team them with a good pair of thermal socks and you're sorted! To all my fellow cold people, BUY THEM!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase, 25 Feb. 2013
As a taller lady (5'8") I was having trouble finding any warm walking trousers that don't flap around my ankles, and these do the job. I bought a size 12 even though I'm a size 10 waist as I know from bitter experience that Craghoppers do not use sizing that actually equates to a a woman's dress size (always go up a size)! I was very pleased to find these on Amazon, as ther returns policy is so much better than on the Craghoppers website. I would have given these 5 stars, but as ever with Craghoppers the legs are a bit wider than they need to be. I've been wearing them out in the cold, and I stayed nice and warm.

4.0 out of 5 stars walker 10, 15 Sept. 2012
quick delivery. good quality trousers which you`d expect from craghoppers. found they are quite small made so if you`re sometimes a ten and sometimes a twelve.....order a twelve. regular length is about a 32in.

5.0 out of 5 stars walkhag, 27 Dec. 2012
Walked 7 miles in the sun and rain on Boxing Day and they were warm and coped well with rain. Very comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kept me toasty and dry in a very big snowstorm and dry by a very windy dock., 1 Feb. 2015
JWS (London UK when I stop to take a breath....) - See all my reviews
Bought these for my Antarctic cruise and went straight away to somewhere sub zero to test them out.

I was not disappointed. I wore these on the Sunday when it should have been minus 4. It wasn't, more about 1 or 2 degrees. I was a little TOO warm by the end of the day but hey, I can cope with that. There was a nice pocket within a pocket for my hotel room safe key, half the way down my thigh (yes, turns out some hotels still have key safes - get back on subject!) and I didn't feel it was there all day, which is nice.

Day 2 and it was snowing. Hard. And blowing. I put my waterproof outer-trousers in my bag and off I went. Well, the snow got harder, the wind, for a while got stronger and still I walked. The wind went, the snow just got ridiculous. My woolly beanie hat was wet. By the end of the day (yes I was out the whole day) I got to the hotel and took off my DRY trousers. Unpacked the unused waterproof over-trousers and was so happy to be warm and toasty in the midst of a city-closing-blizzard warning.

So. Low temperatures (about -4 so not as cold as I had hoped, based on my testing) and colder when by the river's edge, deliberately in a really windy spot, with snow coming down harder and harder (and blowing around my feet, that's another beautiful story!) and I stayed warm AND dry. I would not say go paddling in these of course but I cannot deny that my legs were dry.

Needless to say, I shall still wear the waterproof trousers over these when I go on my cruise, as we shall be doing wet landings but I am confident that I shall be warm enough for these.

The sizing is quite generous. I ordered the 18 regular based on another review saying that they were "true to size". As I often have to go to a 20 with companies who take size-liberties, I was not sure it would work - but they went on like a charm and feel great. The elasticated bit at the back also gives you movement. In the unlikely event I shall need a base layer UNDER these trousers, a 20 would probably be better.

Why only 4 stars? Silly little things really but enough to not think of this as a 5 star product (if you could give percentages of a star I would).

**the left hand-warmer pocket: Put my hands in these pockets, as you do, sometimes. Thought I felt a hole (bear in mind that other than the day the trousers arrived and I tried them on then packed them away, this was the first time I had worn them and this was about 4 hours into that day, where I had NOT had my hands in my pockets all day, if at all.
Later in the day, I put my hand in my pocket one more time and yes, a definite hole. Now, I had been wearing these all day, the tags were off and in a recycling box somewhere and so, no, I was not going to send them back (I am sure I can figure out how to sew a pocket in this modern world of "buy a replacement if it's broken") but it's a concern.

**the belt: feels secure enough but fiddly to do up, as if it's twisted it doesn't go on. Annoying if you're in a cold public restroom somewhere and just want to do your trousers up in a hurry, wash your hands and re-acquaint yourself with your gloves.

**when wearing with high boots (was also testing out my zodiac Bogs boots, it was not too easy to get the trousers inside them. That said, they did NOT ride up as some would, so there's a happy ending to that and no less stars.

All in all, I am happy enough for the price (around £24 incl. P&P although this has now gone up) despite the niggles I shall be buying another pair or 2 (am travelling for a long time and need at least 1 pair while the other is washing) I SHALL check the seams very carefully though and if I find that there is the same issue in another pair, will come and revisit this review.I have confidence that these will be great on deck and on islands after dry landings on their own and will be perfect on the smaller islands and in wet landings when paired with my deluge over-trousers.

Feel free to ask any questions as I am sure that I have forgotten something.

4.0 out of 5 stars winter lined trousers, 18 Feb. 2012
Lovely warm lining kept my legs warm in the coldest winds. Fitted quite snugly, may have been better with a little stretch but as long as I dont put on any weight will be fine!

4.0 out of 5 stars Trekwear - good seller - product a little on large side, 26 Oct. 2012
VERY good support from Trekwear. Size 12 ordered but replaced with size 10 with no quibble whatsoever (obviously returned unused with tags in original bag. First class service from Trekwear. Ladies clothes can always vary depending on the manufacturer so I would say that these are on the larger size rather than smaller, albeit not much larger than average. Sort of like M&S who seem to sell a 12 when it is a bit on the large side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Craghoppers kiwi winter trousers - really good, 3 Jan. 2013
Needed trousers which were tough and warm but also looked smart - and these are wonderful. Wear them on site and to the office. And they wash easily and can be quickly reworn ..... Really good purchase, and can't rate them highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hiking trousers, 20 Nov. 2012
I got the long ones and they are long (duh!), but I prefer to deal with trousers that are a bit long, rather than ones that are too short. The fabric is soft, and the fleece lining is really comfortable. I'm a large 10 and the 10 fits me perfectly, so I'm glad I didn't get a 12. Clean and great fit and the cocoa color looks good and is great for muddy hikes. Cant wait to wear them on my next hike!