4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value
I've been delighted with my OptioRZ18 as an upgrade from the previous OptioS12 that I used. The panoramic and wide angle stitching facilities of the new model are features I particularly enjoy in my landscape work. It's 16 megapixel resolution in combination with the impressive 18x optical zoom means that I can pick out compositions of interest in a much wider range of...
Published on 29 Dec 2011 by Tom

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad photos awfull quality
I bought this machine about 6 month ago and now has a default it doesn't start. I bought a new battery and charger but the problem it's not there. I bought this by amazon to Inkubus, they simply don't replace or solve the problem.
DON'T BUY THIS ITEM!
Published 3 months ago by Sandy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, 11 May 2012
Mr. S. Duncan - See all my reviews
16 Megapixels, 18 x Optical zoom, HD Movie & other good features for under 120 ?? yes I would say it is great value for your money. Not the most stylish camera on the market & yes it has a plastic case, does not have GPS, plays songs, or have voice recognition !!!.
What it does do though is take good quality photo's & is very easy to use.
All in all a very good value Point & shoot compact camera well worth the money I paid for it

4.0 out of 5 stars A clever little camera, 18 Mar 2012
The Pentax Optio RZ-18 is a great little camera. It's very clever, maybe a bit too clever for some. This camera is stuffed full of different ways to take pictures, It's a little hard to grab, point and shoot. If you want a little more out of a small camera, this is the one for you. It has many useful features like face recognition, anti red eye, picture stabilization and a super long 18X optical zoom. Of course it can do the usual movie stuff if that's your thing. It's nicely put together, nice and light, comes with some built in memory and you can use an SD card to add more memory if you need it. The rear screen is as good as any and the controls are really easy to get the hang of
This camera has been reviewed elsewhere and all of them say yes, it's a great little tool. There are some niggles about the case being plasticy, but it seems tough enough and of course it does make it nice and light
The picture quality as expected is very good and more than acceptable on full zoom.
So, if you like lots of goodies in your camera, this is for you, although I don't think any one would be disappointed with it, especially as it comes in different colours.
I'm very pleased with it and it was very reasonably priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Little Camera, 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: Pentax Optio RZ18 Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 18 x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Screen (Electronics)
I purchased this camera for my wife to replace a Pentax Digital SLR, which we were not carrying around due to its weight and bulk. We are extremely pleased with it. The camera takes a standard SD Card, the same card that was in our other camera.

The battery and card are accessed through a simple to operate door, and easily inserted and extracted.

In use the menu system is simple and intuitive. It was no problem to switch the camera into Macro mode to take some close ups with the 18x zoom lens. Its produced some good pictures.

We chose this camera as I have a pocket Pentax Optio camera which has taken brilliant holidays snaps and I carry everywhere when away just clipped to my rucksack straps. This camera is slightly more bulky but the zoom capability makes up for that.

We would certainly recommend this purchase and would probably continue buying Pentax Cameras.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pentax Camera, 31 Dec 2012
I wanted to buy point and shoot super zoom camera and my brother in law/sister living in Canada sent this indicating pentax is one of best lens and camera make. I know pentax was one of top ranked film camera in the past but they are not very strong now due to lack of marketing but Pentax make superior cameras. I have used Hitachi,Samsung, Sony, Fuji,canon, Nikon, Panasonic point and shoot cameras in the past and no point & shoot digital camera is perfect. Please have a look sampale images which I have uploaded without doing any colour adjustments. Macro shooting on this camera is stunning. Shake reuction is really working with camera without producing any blurry images even at 18x optical zoom. Indoor photos are not very good but user must select the correct shooting mode.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value software not compatable with Windows 8, 29 Dec 2012
Point and shoot camera with all the bells and whistles should they be needed is certain situations just what was wanted. Only problem is the software provided is not compatable with Windows 8. When I contacted the seller they could not help and suggested that I contact Pentax directly which I did, their response was to confirm that the software is not compatable with Windows 8........but offered no other solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice light camera., 3 Dec 2012
I have a larger heavier camera which I like using but unfortunately, after breaking both shoulders, I find the weight is too much for me to handle and wanted to have a small light camera with the same specification. After searching I found this little compact camera with a lovely big zoom, which I use a lot. The macro suits me perfectly as well. A small light weight camera which does as much and more than my larger camera. The only drawback is the lack of a small eye viewfinder, which is a common factor on these small compact cameras, I do miss the smaller viewfinder espicially in bright conditions - I take a lot of shots and hope one of them is the one I want. It is a pleasure to carry around either in my pocket or handbag. I'm glad I purchased this camera which I use a lot and, as with all new purchases, I experimented with different shots etc and am pleased with the rests. Thank you for a product which is a pleasure to use. Yes I would recommend this to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad photos awfull quality, 6 Jan 2014
DON'T BUY THIS ITEM!

1.0 out of 5 stars Really poor pictures, 5 Sep 2013
This camera appears to have a great range of features but the pictures it takes are just poor. The shutter lag is really bad so that its rubbish for action. The flash is poor. The various modes don't really work for low light etc. The zoom is good but like all long zooms needs some stabilisation. Battery life is short. For evening scenes my phone took better images.
On the positive side - it's light and it looks nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great zoom & many good features, 31 July 2013
I needed a replacement for a compact camera that had broken, & I wanted one with a decent zoom, good megapixel & at a reasonable price. After spending a long time reading reviews of a wide variety of cameras I decided to try the 18x zoom offered on this Pentax & I am extremely pleased I did. It has a good wide angle ,zooming to a whopping 18times with only a small loss of quality at the extreme range, the auto face recognition works well & the focus on macro let's you take very good close ups down to about 6 inches.i reviewer had trouble with fitting the battery but I had no problem at all. There are many different 'mode' settings for different types of photography & I am still experimenting with them. All in all a very decent camera with many advanced features, perfect when you don't want to lug a large slur & lenses around

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible picture quality, fell apart quickly, died completely., 25 July 2013
I got this camera new a year and a half ago. At first I was pleased with the pictures I took outside with sunlight. Then I tried taking them indoors, or at low light points of the day and was majorly disappointed.
Just beyond the starter warranty it came with, 6 months I think, the cover for the battery and memory card snapped off. I didn't drop it, I just took the battery out and that was it.
Yesterday I set it down at the beach, risky I realize but it seemed safe on my towel. Nope. The tiniest bit of sand got on it and it is done for. A complete waste of money.

ARRAY(0xafe05d5c)