5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant.
Having had this phone for two weeks now, I thought I'd write a detailed review for anyone thinking of buying this phone, from amazon or otherwise. First off, I upgraded from a HTC Wildfire to this phone, and my word the difference is noticable in everything it does. I struggle to comprehend how I put up with the Wildfire when I look back at it.

Design:...
Published on 2 Dec 2011 by J. Stead

3.0 out of 5 stars A smartphone that's good at being smart, but poor as a phone
Purchased (sim free) to replace an iPhone 3GS.

Published on 10 July 2012 by Simon Hyland

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 2 Dec 2011
This review is from: HTC Sensation XE Sim-Free Smartphone with Beats Audio (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)

Design:
Personally, I love the design of the phone. The look of the phone itself is impressive - the all black casing with the chrome and red trimming really makes this phone look sleek and sets it apart, I think, from the normal bland, minimalist designs shown by Apple and others. Also a huge selling point for me is the use of buttons on this phone. For those of you not used to the HTC layout, the phone has the usual home, menu, back and search buttons. I genuinely think this gives it a huge advantage over the iPhone, as without a back and menu button, I find it difficult to navigate and perform tasks on my iPod touch. The use of these buttons is simple but allows you to do what you want to do without having to faff around in a massive labyrinth of choices that can only be accessed from an on screen button. Back to the phone design, the aluminium backing of the phone really gives it a strong feel, unlike some plastic phones which feel like they are going to fall apart in your hand. The backing of the phone also wraps around the main bodywork, giving a nice rounded finish whilst making the case as strong as possible.

Screen:
The phone has a qHD display, which really is fantastic. The resolution is 540 x 960 pixels, and it is the best reolution you will find on a mobile at the moment apart from the iPhone's retina display. However, the difference is minimal and I haven't experienced any problems with the display so far in terms of brightness or resolution. The high resolution also makes browsing webpages a joy, with even small text able to be read with ease. Not too much else to say about the screen / display, it plays high definition films and trailers brilliantly, and doesn't struggle too much in sunlight. This is, however, on the highest brightness setting. One last point is the contoured screen. The edges of the phones 'gorilla glass' are contoured up at the edges, meaning that if you drop the phone directly on the floor, only the edges, in theory, will be scuffed. Of course I advise a good quality screen protector regardless. The phone has a massive 4.3 inch screen, which enhances video watching and gaming to no end. I think the phone is a perfect size for my hand and pockets - not too big. However, if you do definitely have small hands, pop down to a local phoneshop and look at a dummy version, as I fear you may struggle to move fingers across the whole screen of the phone, especially with only one hand.

Processor:
This phone houses a whopping 1.5 Gigahertz dual-core processor, the most powerful in a phone yet. To put it into perspective, my laptop has a 1.8 Gigahertz dual core processor. The phone is completely instant with everything, even with multiple applications running at once thanks to the very reasonable 768 Megabytes of RAM. One such example of this is the message interface. My old Wildfire would take up to 10 seconds to refresh the list of text messages due to the large amount of messages and the weak processor, but with this phone, my messages are instantly updated, which makes such a difference. I cannot fault it other than the heat generated, which can be felt on the lower region of the phone where the processor is situated, when you are really putting heavy demands on the phone. However do not be put off by this. If it was abnormal, HTC would be worried about it, and to be honest, with a processor this powerful, it is the least to be expected. There aren't any instances of this phone overheating / burning / exploding, which cannot be said for competitors!

Gaming:
As phones become more powerful, so do the games they play. I play many games on this phone, some of which are extremely detailed and intensive on the processor and phone as a whole. So I cannot fault this. The only exception is Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. game, where extremely mild lag occurs with the huge landscapes. I haven't seen a friend's phone perform any better yet though. Whether you intend to use this phone for gaming or not, you won't have problems.

Operating system:
The phone runs Android's Gingerbread version 2.3.4 operating system, which gives you the benefits of the latest applications and tools. An upgrade has also been announced to the even newer Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. HTC initially said that this would occur in the next three months, but what IS sure is that it will bring even more useful tools and processes. For me though, the standout is HTC's adaption of this OS, HTC sense 3. The user interface is brilliant, with up to seven customisable screens that can be filled with shortcuts, applications and widgets. For more information, I would google it, as I cannot possibly explain all the advantages that this offers the already solid operating system. But I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed, and that you will not experience the same customisation elsewhere.

Camera:
Another big feature of this phone is the 8 megapixel camera that it comes with. Overall, I am very impressed, especially for a phone. The pictures produced are high resolution and have a great range of colours, as well as built in effects on the camera software. However, I find that the camera struggles in the dark, so bear this in mind if you use the camera a lot. Despite the great quality, you can still fit well over 6000 pictures on the included 16gb memory card. The video camera is by far superior to most, boasting 1080p capture. Again, the colour is brilliant thanks to the high definiton, although beware, the phone does let in a lot of low level background noise for some reason. I won't lie, this is annoying, but I am yet to test the video recording in a loud environment, where I feel it would be better suited. Overall, the camera offered definitely isn't camcorder or SLR quality, but compared to other phones, it isn't a disappointment. The front facing VGA camera also makes video calls on skype possible, but I would only ever advise doing this over a wifi connection! Useful all the same though.

Sound:
Obviously, being a 'beats' branded upgrade of the original Sensation, a primary selling factor of this phone was always going to be it's sound quality. I have always been impressed with HTC speakers, and I am not let down by this one. Whilst, obviously, the inbuilt speakers are nowhere near as good as purpose built iPod docks etc, the sound quality really is impressive for a phone. On full volume videos and music play well with little distortion, which to be honest is normally the letdown with mobiles. On to the headphones - the phone comes bundled with Dr. Dre Beats in-ear headphones. I wouldn't normally pay ~£80 for these, but given that they are free, you simply cannot complain. The sound quality and clarity is definitely noticeable from cheaper earphones and they look reasonably nice too with the red and black, albeit rather leary as well. The headphones play a wide range of music well, and what's great is that the three button controller that is attached to the headphone leads also works with my Spotify app, allowing you to change tracks without pulling the phone out of your pocket. The 'beats enhancer' is definitely noticeable when you switch it on and off, however you will find this tool almost useless if your music library doesn't contain bass-heavy songs. The tool also only works with the inbuilt music player, which has been given a nice revamp and has a nice, easy to use interface; however I simply cannot go without the brilliance of spotify.

Battery:
To be honest, this is one of my only moans about the phone. The battery life on this phone is not amazing. But then again, when you consider how much of a beast this phone is, then it is actually rather impressive. The operating system upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich that is supposed to be coming to this phone reportedly has several excellent battery life tools. Also - reasonably cheaply, you can buy a slightly more powerful battery pack off of the internet that fits the phone, which begs the question as to why HTC didn't find it beneficial to supply one with at least 1900 mAh, as opposed to the 1780 mAh battery included. However, given a full charge overnight; I find that if you don't waste battery on ridiculously intensive games, or leaving WiFi turned on when there is no need, then the phone will give you a full day's battery. But let's be honest, ALL smartphones nowadays pretty much have to be recharged daily, so this isn't a massive problem.

Overall, I haven't looked back once at my old phone. My old phone wasn't terrible, but this phone blows others out of the water, and it will do anything you need it to - within reason of course. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a music phone, camera phone, gaming phone, or just a general usage phone! Any questions, feel free to comment and I shall reply as best I can.

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing phone!, 22 Nov 2011
The HTC Sensation XE is fantastic! I have had it for about a month now. It runs Android 2.3.4 with HTC Sense 3.0 on top. It's fast with is pimped processor speed and I have not experienced much lagging in any way. Everything I have thrown at it so far, is fine. And yes, it can get a little bit warm sometimes if you really push it to the limit. But it doesn't burn your hands or anything like that. Thats just silly talk! I love the HTC experience and their product identity. Some people won't be so impressed by Sense and find it a little gimmicky but at least it offers an alternative to the iPhone and Android devices "copying" their interface. The screen looks great. Its HUGE and very crisp and clear. Not too amazing in direct sunlight though. It's big enough to display websites pretty well. Reading e-books is a joy on something like the Kindle or Aldiko apps. This is marketed as a music and media phone with the Beats integration and it lives up to that. The headphones are absolutely amazing! Very good and clear sound and well above your standard in the box headphones you would normally get. The Beats audio experience is pretty good. I am not blown away by it though because it's just a generic sound profile that probably just cranks everything up to 11 and if you know your sound EQ you can probably make your own just as well using 3rd party apps and music players. I am happy with the Beats sound because it sounds great and I just want something that works. But if you want to save money the normal Sensation and a good pair of headphones will take you pretty far i think. I am vain enough to admit that I fell for the black and red design of this phone. It looks great. Camera is alright, a touch soft. This seems to be a HTC thing, and I am not sure why but it is. Still you get pretty decent result's for a mobile phone camera. Video as well. Android Market is very good and gives you an opportunity to bypass iTunes pretty much completely these days which for me is a great plus as I am fed up with Apple's domination. I would give this phone full score if the battery life was a little bit better. But such a big display and powerful processors takes it toll so you wouldn't get much more than a day out of it. You can turn things like syncing and 3G, animations etc off if needs be if you get desperate. But who doesn't charge their phone overnight these days anyway? Go on and buy it. You know you want to!

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC WOW, 8 Oct 2011
WOW! I have just purchased this phone via an upgrade on my 24 month contract. I originaly had a HTC Desire, Although I was very happy with the Desire there were a few issues that bugged the handset (lag between applications, applications freezing/shutting down and handset freezing) I feel that all these problems have gone with the HTC Sensation XE. This is propably helped with the dual core processor it has. Screen resolution is amazing, very colourful and clear. the phone is very nippy, runs multiple applications at once with ease. The Beats aufdio tech that this phones has is amazing. You have the option whether or not to have the Beats audio enhancement running whilst listening to music which is enabled and disabled with ease. The difference is unbelievably good, You really will be suprised with the difference. Internet is fast, Social network applications such as Twitter run like a dream and with the new updated version of android marketplace on the phone you have thousands of applications at your fingertips. This phone is well worth getting. HTC phones are dubbed the Iphone 'Killer' and this phone is another example of why HTC deserve the title. 5/5 10/10 a very happy customer!

You even get a complimetary pair of the Beats by Dre Ibeats headphones in the box >> Result!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quietly Brilliant! I'm loving it! - HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio (But in White!), 10 Jan 2012
L. Asare "Lesz" (Middlesex - UK) - See all my reviews
My previous phone was the HTC Incredible S, which was a decent good phone. However, since the arrival of the HTC Sensation XE, I have been itching to get my hands on one, and now I finally have it, it was worth the wait especially as the white colour option (not the XL) became available recently from HTC.

Most of my colleagues have the Samsung Galaxy S2, which is a good Android phone, however the plasticky build and the fact that nearly everyone has it put me off. I also considered the new Samsung Nexus (running Ice Cream Sandwich), but the poor camera (only 5mp!), no smart dialing feature and lack of expandable memory put me right off! I much prefer the solid aluminium unibody build of the HTC Sensation XE,and the form factor feels good in your hand, not so square and plastic as the Galaxy S2 & Samsung Nexus. To date the XE has the fastest processor on any phone, which makes web browsing a joy and a pleasure to experience, its seriously quick scrolling though the sense user interface. Sense 3.5 update is now available and I have already downloaded and installed it on my XE, its refined and streamlined a huge step up!

With all current high end touchscreen smart phones, battery life is a major concern, thankfully there are high capacity batteries available (namely Anker 1900mAh Li-ion for Sensation)which help ease the woeful performance of the original battery situation. I bought the Anker battery on Amazon and I get just under 2 days use on a single charge, which is good, very good!

The bundled Beats Audio earbuds and sound quality are good too, but I would have preferred HTC to also include virtual surround sound via SRS WOW HD as an additional sound option which was on my previous HTC Incredible S. This was also an audio profile which enhanced the sound dynamics and is similar to the Beats Audio Profile on the XE.

If you are looking for a serious smartphone which is future proof(Ice Cream Sandwich update is coming soon for Xe), has a solid build quality and a stunning vibrant screen with a powerful 1.5GHz dual core processor then give the XE a look out, highly impressive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone yet, 8 Nov 2011
I got this phone three weeks ago, and so now I'm going to share some of my thoughts about it. I am very impressed with it, as it is a massive improvement on my last phone which was a blackberry bold. The first thing I noticed is that it's really fast, and I never notice any lag opening apps and playing high graphics games, so I love it.

It's screen is really good, and I would say it is the best screen you can get on a phone. The colours are very clear, especially the whites, and it can go very bright. Watching films and using the internet is also really easy on this phone because of the large screen, and the text resizes on the internet to fit the screen which makes it really easy to read.

The headphones are extremely high quality, and better than any other phone. They pack a lot of bass for such small buds, but the high notes and mid-tones are great as well. The beats audio EQ makes them sound even better, as it boosts the bass and high notes to make the sound suit the particular headphones better.

The battery is not, amazing, as it only lasts a day and a half for me when I'm using the phone a lot. However, there is a free app on the android market called juice defender which I would recommend downloading, as it improves the battery life dramatically by turning off battery draining aspects of the phone when you're not using them.

Lastly, the design. I think that the red accents on the speaker grill and the camera look really good, as they give the phone a limited edition feel, and with design becoming more and more important in technology, the red accents make it stand out from the rest of the market as a premium handset, with the beats logo on the back adding a bit of "cool" as well.

The camera takes really high quality photos for me that still look good even when I view them on a computer. Surprisingly, it takes better photos than my actual camera does, and I use it the whole time. The video also seems great quality, and you can choose what quality you take photos and videos in, in settings, if you want to take up less space on the memory card. Another great thing about the camera is that it comes with some editing functions, like cropping, and you can add effects to the photos like negative or sepia and more. The phone comes with a 16GB micro sd card already in it out of the box, which is great for storing music, photos, and videos.

The last strong point of the phone is the Android operating system, and that is a major factor to thing about when buying this phone. The Samsung Galaxy SII also has Android, but the Sensation XE also has HTC Sense, which is a skin, changing visual interface that you interact with when using the phone, to make it look much better and do more, and this is much better than Samsung's user interface, called Touchwiz. HTC have announced that the HTC Sensation XE will receive an upgrade to the latest versions of Android, called Ice Cream Sandwich, in the next three months, which will bring more features, and make it an even better phone.

Overall, from my experience of using it over the last few weeks, and then comparing it to the iPhone 4S and the Samsung Galaxy SII, I would recommend it as the best phone out there at the moment, beating all the competition due to its design, its sound capabilities, its phenomenal speed and the Android versatility.

3.0 out of 5 stars A smartphone that's good at being smart, but poor as a phone, 10 July 2012
Simon Hyland (UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased (sim free) to replace an iPhone 3GS.

Very impressed with Android, especially after the upgrade to ICS which this phone seems to cope with very well. While not as intuitive to use as the iPhone, it's much more customizable, so if you're disposed to 'tweaking' or setting your phone up just as you want it, Android is a better system IMO. I did find I needed to download and read the instruction manual however; with Apple's products this is not usually necessary, but this isn't a negative point as far as I'm concerned.

While I think the 'smart' part of the XE outclasses the iPhone, I can't say the same for the 'phone' half of this particular smartphone. While it seems to hang on to a signal as well as my previous 3GS when stationary, it doesn't cope very well at all while in a car. The phone can't seem to handover from one tower to the next, and while travelling call drops are frequent. The 3GS never dropped a call on my regular work route, but the XE drops calls every time - not good.

Call quality is also far inferior - the audio is relatively quiet at maximum, and the audio quality isn't a patch on the 3GS - very tinny indeed.

While the XE has been superseded by the One range, the One range has it's own shortcomings, not least the huge step backward of no removable battery. The Samsung Galaxy S2 also had serious call quality issues with unbearable echo; if I was choosing now I would probably for for the Galaxy S3, but then again the screen is just a little too over-sized for my liking! Shame they couldn't get the phone part right here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone - its like discovering the joys of Android all over again, 29 Mar 2012
brainleek007 (Bracknell) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Prior to this phone I had the HTC Desire, what could probably be referred to as a 1st generation android device. In a mere 18 months the phone went from being a game changer to a slow, unresponsive and fiddly phone. The crazy thing is the Desire is a decent phone but the rate of change in the world of mobiles phones is amongst the fastest of any device so it doesn't take long to be completely left behind.

Enter the Sensation XE with Beats Audio. First impressions are great, the 4.3 Inch screen is gorgeous, vibrant and sharp. The phone feels weighty and very well built, the shell is aluminium and plastic (mostly aluminium) and feels very strong and it does looks awesome with its red trim and buttons. Mine came with Android 2.3 and apparently can run 4.0 when service providers get around to rolling it out.

The phone starts up quick and is a joy to use. This is due in no small part to the dual core 1.5 GHz processor chugging away. It also has an inbuilt GPU for better gaming performance. With that much horsepower the phone responds very smoothly to swipes and shunts graphics around flawlessly. Games play smoothly with no slowdown. Benchmarks of this phone show it noticeably under-performing against phone like the galaxy sII but here's why - the screen resolution is higher on the HTC (540 x 960 vs 480 x 800) meaning the HTC hardware is shunting around 35% more pixels per frame. Will you actually notice this perceived performance deficit in game - I don't think so as the games are still well within the performance limits of the hardware. 'Angry Birds Space' plays beautifully as does 'R-type' and 'Another World'. In fact everything I've thrown at it has performed brilliantly. And lets not forget, benchmark figures aside the HTC screen is sharper because it has more pixels.

Expanding on the screen, I upgraded from a Desire with a 3.7 inch screen the Sensation has a 4.3 inch screen with the same overall pixel density of 256 ppi. Now, .6 of an inch doesn't sound like much of an increase in size but it makes a world of difference especially to the keyboard which has just that little bit more finger room to elevate the keyboard from fiddly to usable; you're less prone to hit the wrong 'key' and overall the experience of thumb typing is more bearable and accurate. And of course videos and pictures are easier to view. To drive a screen this big and all the CPUs the battery needs to good...the battery is at best reasonable. You'll need to charge the phone nightly and if you been using it a lot it will possibly need a top up in the day too, more for peace of mind that it won't conk out. An battery extending app I downloaded gave the talk time as 6h, web use as 4h, music player as 10h and video playback as 5h from a full charge. My own experience is in pretty close agreement. Constant gaming gives around 4 hours before the battery is getting very low.

The vaunted "beats audio" is a total letdown. At best, it's just a bass heavy equaliser setting with no midrange. To say it sounds woolly is an understatement. HTC has invested a lot of money into this - I wish they'd have come to me as I could have done a better job! Turning it off resorts to a default HTC profile which is even worse! Because HTC want to push the whole beats audio thing the player itself doesn't have a custom equaliser that you can set yourself. It's beats audio or HTC's own poor effort. For a custom eq you will need to buy a paid amplifier app such as winamp pro or similar which is probably worthwhile for a few pounds. The one massive plus with the beats audio are the included headphones which are of stellar quality. They come with 5(!) sets of different sized earbuds to suit all ears and a little pouch. I have to say these earphones are more than likely partly responsible for the bass heavy sound as plugged into my normal mp3 I needed to tweak the bass down quite a bit to get a more rounded sound - but what sound! Rich, warm, thumping bass with creamy mids and crystal clear high end. White Lie's 'Bigger than Us' sounds EPIC on these headphones. The ear buds are a super snug fit in the ear canal so insert them SLOWLY & GENTLY or it'll feel like your brain is being violated. The earphones have a basic inline remote with 3 buttons for track skipping forward and back and pausing and answering a call.

The camera is rated at 8mp but being used to high end canon cameras I never tend to be blown away by cameras like this no matter how high the megapixels. It will capture you and your mates admirably or will serve as a camera to record the details of your life - after all that's what they are meant for, nothing more. Detail is reasonable but the images soon break up under any kind of magnification. The phone does have dual LED flashes for a bit of extra oomph in the dark. The camcorder can do full hd but its heavily compressed - its ok and to be fair its incredible that this feature is even in a device this small and full featured.

Web browsing is ok too, faster than the HTC desire and more responsive. I stick with full sized web pages rather that mobile versions and the phones handles it all seamlessly.

The Sensation XE 'only' has 1gb of phone memory but is easily expandable with micro sd but a phone of this power requires a 16gb micro sd as a sensible minimum. My old Desire only had something like 140mb of user space out of the box meaning apps needed to be juggled all the time - even with a 4gb sd card the phone ground to a halt because it was stuck on Android 2.2 and it's app 2 sd function wasn't as well implemented. With the Sensation the 1gb internal memory basically let's you download whatever you want and then shunt the programs to the micro sd card. If you're a media junkie you'll fill that in no time. There is however loads of space on the phone for the few apps that absolutely have to live on its internal memory. I have completely hammered the new google play store and have got all my paid apps on this phone plus all the others I couldn't keep on my old phone due to space restrictions without a hitch - something like 90 apps. I've got loads of games and everything from Google Earth, Kindle, traffic apps, london underground route planners, music apps, ebay, facebook - you name it and the phone still has over 900mb of internal memory left as probably 90%+ of apps can live on the card. I have to say this phone's wi-fi is also noticeably better than my old Desire downloading and installing the bigger apps very quickly.

I nearly forgot! The phone is fine too, quality is clear and if you already have an android phone you'll be well at home with the directory that can link to numerous accounts like facebook or gmail to pull contact info through. Also the familiar and customisable home screens feature is present and correct.

There's no video player app included (it WILL play seemingly any video file you navigate to - there's just no actual video app in the apps list) so get a free player like MX Player from the app store. At least then it will auto detect any videos you have on your phone rather than you having to use a program like Astro file manager to navigate to the video to set it playing. The video quality this phone can reproduce is astounding. Videos that are created in the screen's native 540 x 960 resolution are simply gorgeous.

If you're an android fan and upgrading from an older and slower phone there's a hell of a lot to like here. There's in no question that the phone will represent a genuine upgrade in performance unless you already are used to a dual core phone. With a better music player out of the box and slightly better battery would be a 10 out of 10.

9/10 overall as is: very, very good just a few niggles.

******
UPDATE
******

The ICS update was made available very soon after I got my phone and to be honest was a bit of a dog. The sense overlay crashed all the time when exiting apps, the phone optimised all apps on every re-start adding quite a bit of time onto startup especially if you have more apps, the phone was laggy, unresponsive and not smooth when switching between screens. Anyway, the latest .106 version of ICS was released today and seems to have cured these issues so if you have any problems make sure you update your phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensational, 17 Jan 2012
I've only had this phone for a week now and couldn't be happier despite it shutting itself down on the first day. It's way faster than anything I've owned before, even faster than my laptop when connected to Wifi. I have had an HTC handset before so I knew my way around the phone but I'm quite sure anyone within hours could use it without instructions. It has a much improved 8MP camera which was poor on previous HTC phones and the video records in 1080@30ps with stereo sound. The Sensation XE is worth purchasing for it's sound quality alone, the hype surrounding the 'Beats Audio' is well founded and it comes with a 16GB micro SD for ample track storage. My only downside to this phone is the battery, it barely gets you through the day even after a night on charge. I have replaced the original 1730mAH with a heavy duty 1900mAH which like many other users has solved the problem. Overall though this is a match for any handset on the market, it's awesome!!

05/8/12

I've had this phone for several months now and I couldn't be happier with it's performance. There have been no repeatings of it shutting itself down but for some reason it has started to lag when turning on the screen.

Update 24/3/13

After over a year I've found this to be a good phone but recently it's fefusing to make a wifi connection and when it does it's very poor. I have debugged it, don't have excessive amounts of data stored on it, restored factory setting and it still has connection problems even when I'm sitting right next to my router. My daughter and partners Blackberry and iPhone haven't had any issues, if you know of a fix let me know please?

5.0 out of 5 stars Out with the old (and awful blackberry), in with the new (amazing htc), 9 Jan 2012
H. Rai (London UK) - See all my reviews
I was tied in to a contract with a blackberry bold that had some kind of hold over me for reasons I could never explain. As it began to die for the third time in about 18 months I decided it was time for a new phone, regardless of my existing contract.

Whilst this review is about the phone itself, I must stress that I didn't buy it from amazon and got an amazing deal for a new contract elsewhere. I just wanted to let any potential buyers know that this phone is one of the best out there at the moment and while I'm not going to get all techy, I will say that it is super fast, has a great display that is a great contender of the AMOLED screens that people keep banging on about and has certainly taught me that blackberry is a thing of the past.

The only thing that I would pick up on is the battery life. It's crucial to train the battery when you first buy the phone i.e. drain it to about 15% and charge to full every time, to get the longest use out of it in the long run. It's usually best practice to do this anyway but if you start off this way it really helps. The battery lasts about a day when fully charged and using it generally i.e. making a few calls, texting, surfing the net etc. but it obviously doesn't last as long when watching videos, listening to music and so on.

The in ear headphones that come with the device are extremely comfortable and block out surrounding noise as well as you would expect them to. I usually hate earphones and avoid using them but these are so comfortable that I don't think twice to just catch up with my programmes or listen to music with them.

Finally, the screen gives great viewing pleasure due to its size but as the phone is consequently quite large, as a female, its so difficult to carry it with me. I guess retailers will have to start making our pockets bigger because this phone is clearly paving the way for the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Sensation XE With Beats, 8 Nov 2011
HTC have gone all in on this product.
Friends have had the Sensation, whilst I was always an iPhone man.
When I saw this new phone being released I had to get my hands on it, being a beats by dre user for both my headphones and laptop, I couldn't help but get this phone too.... I wasn't disappointed.
1. The phone hasn't crashed on me yet, I think the 1.5ghz duo has made the software a little less hardwork for the phone
2. The battery liife is vastly improved on the original sensation. I can get a good 12-15hrs of heavy usage out of it
3. The gingerbread and HTC sense 3.0 work amazingly together and the outcome is much smoother than previous versions.
4. The bears headphones supplied are of course a dream to listen to, even on spotify they are pretty decent without the beats equaliser on.
5. The looks of the phone, I've had many people on the tube and at work asking what phone I'm using, it's definitely a looker with the black and accented red.

Overall since switching to this phone from an iPhone 4, leap of faith, I haven't looked back at the iPhone. Most of the apps which I had on my iPhone are, yes you've guessed it on the Android Market, I like the phone it's good looking, its thin, large HD screen and lighter than an iPhone. What more could you want, plus it's free on upgrade.... Over £35 p/m.