5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my cat
Published on 17 Sep 2010 by M. E. Pike

3.0 out of 5 stars Fleas becoming resistant?
Published on 7 May 2011 by R. Dalziel

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my cat, 17 Sep 2010
M. E. Pike "starfishuk" (Kent) - See all my reviews
Two years ago my ginger tabby cat got fleas. We'd been using Bob Martin Spot On which we thought would be cheap but effective. We were sadly wrong. Within days of noticing her fleas our house was infested and she became very sick. Following a rather heafty vet bill due to her becoming very anemic(foolishly uninsured at the time due to redundancy) and a recommendation of "only ever use Frontline" from our vet I can say that this product did indeed rid our little Roxy of her fleas - you could literally see them falling off her onto after treatment. Treatment of our house followed and two years later we are still flea free and have a happy puss cat. Can't rate this stuff highly enough, it's worth forking out that little bit more because it really is very effective.

NOTE: This version of Frontline will only treat the fleas on your cat. You need to buy Frontline Combo which will treat not only the cat but the environment in which the cats lives. So far as I can see this isn't available yet on Amazon but plenty of online vet stores sell it for much cheaper than you would pay at the actual vets (managed to buy a 3 pack for 13.99).

UPDATE: After two plus years of a flea free house this mont (October) I spotted a flea on my arm whilst using the PC. A day later my husband found one on his foot in bed. We had only recently used Frontline which was a bit worrying but a friend informs me that around the time one starts firing up the central heating is the perfect time for flea breeding. I honestly didn't think they would breed in the winter months but that's just naivety on my part. I do still rate Frontline 100% but to be on the safe side I will now start using Frontline Combo once every six months (with Frontline once a month as directed in between) and investing once a year in a can of Indorex spray (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indorex-House-Flea-Spray-500ml/dp/B003SZ42EO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288133013&sr=1-1) to cover the house. Yes it adds to the bill but I've learnt the hard way that it's worth it. Just my advice however, perhaps I'm over cautious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does whait says on the box!, 21 Nov 2009
Ms. N. Black (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
Used this on my long haired cat in the spring and summer months and he has been flea free!! Easy to use and very effective!
Tip: before snapping the top of the applicator, warm it in hour hands so your cat won't notice so easily. The get the applicator ready before feeding your cat and when they are eating their food, pretend that you are just stroking their neck whilst parting the hair to put the spot on them. It works with my cat and he can usually tell when I'm up to something!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fleas becoming resistant?, 7 May 2011
R. Dalziel (Bucks. UK.) - See all my reviews
I've always found frontline reliable, but the last two times I have used it it isn't doing the job. It is supposed to kill fleas on the cat within 24 hours, and always has done in the past, but not any more. It's also supposed to keep them free of fleas for 4 weeks, but I've seen fleas on them 1 week after dosing them. It used to do the trick, but I'm wondering if fleas are becoming resistant to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Frontline Cat, 22 July 2010
S. Thomas - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This product comes in a three or six pipette pack; the six pipette pack tends to be slightly better value for money. It is fairly effective at flea and tick prevention (much better than powders or sprays) and requires application once each month to the back of the cat's neck. My cats tend to race around the house for about an hour after each application, so I keep them in the house until they are calm again.

It is important to note that Frontline is different to Frontline Combo; Frontline only treats the animal whereas Frontline Combo (only available from the vet or the internet with a vet's prescription) also treats the house. I have successfully used Frontline one month then Frontline Combo the next, alternating treatments and find that this is an effective means of controlling fleas whilst being cost-effective as the Combo version is more expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars cats, 4 July 2009
Mr. R. J. Hunt (birmingham england) - See all my reviews
had it before would recomend this to any cat lover it is so easy to use and will not detress your cat.

2.0 out of 5 stars Still got fleas!, 9 Sep 2011
Lots of cat owners swear by frontline and we have used it before, so when our cat's got fleas it seemed the obvious choice. However, having put it on both cats, we noticed little/ no difference in the flea population. We even put another on the cat worst effected a couple of weeks later to no effect. Ended up taking both cats to the vets for the flea injection (which they have had before and which works brilliantly, but works by basically making the fleas infertile, as their eggs wont hatch, but doesnt kill those already living on the animal.) He also put another product on them there and then which is stronger than frontline and which has eradicated the flea problem very quickly. The vet said sometimes frontline doesn't work and it certainly didnt in our case! I have given 2 stars as I know it has worked in the past and does work for other people, but I wanted to make people aware of the fact that sometimes it just has no effect and that vets have much stronger stuff that really does the job if the fleas just won't budge!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Frontline Cat, 26 July 2009
S. Thomas - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

4.0 out of 5 stars no more itching, 7 Oct 2010
usually buy this from my vets but found this exact same item for less money online. stops your cats from fleas and you have peace of mind that your carpet, furniture, bedding etc will not have any unwanted fleas. act now before you put your central heating on and invite fleas to hatch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead in 24 hours like it says, 25 Mar 2010
I have always used this product since it was offered to me for a ridiculous price by my vet. Having found it much cheeper on Amazon it's where I now buy it.
Fleas just disappered but the last time I used it my cat had a minor infestation, so out of curiosity, I decided to keep an eye on her after application and yes...in 24 hours you can literally watch them drop off.
BEST product I've ever used for fleas, beats any powder or spray I've bought over the counter.
It works by evetually coating your cat's skin from just a few drops at the back of your cat's neck. Be careful to apply it properly as your cat will get a nasty taste and start salivating if it's able to lick it and yes...some cats are very flexable. Also, the stuff can wear off easy if you apply it then your cat goes out in the rain...everything else you need to know is in the instructions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Frontline Cat spot on, 1 Jan 2014
A few years ago I got a kitten from cats protection. The woman brought him in and flea'd it in my sitting room. I already had a cat who had never had flea's. We were infested after that. I bought spray, powder, shampoo, bombs and could not get rid of them. I ended up taking the kitten to the vet who deflea'd him and I bought house spray from the vet. I also bought extra drops for my other cat. It took 2 large cans of spray for a tiny 1 bedroom flat and 2 treatments of spot on for both cats over a month and a half but we finally got rid of them. Spot on is expensive. But it works. There's nothing worse then being eaten alive by flea's. The high cost to cure it is sometimes well worth it.

Frontline Spot On Cat 3 Pipettes