5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING
Published 3 months ago by M. Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Drive USB 3.0 but not the supplied cable!
Published 29 days ago by Mr C.

3.0 out of 5 stars Drive USB 3.0 but not the supplied cable!, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Transcend 1TB 2.5 inch USB 3.0 Military-Grade Shock Resistance Portable External Hard Drive (Personal Computers)
When I plugged in the drive on my Levono laptop (Windows 8.1) a message popped up stating that Windows needed to "fix" errors on the drive. I followed the screen prompts to do so but that did not work. I then returned the drive using the Amazon's replacement procedure (which was very easy to do) and a new drive was despatched immediately - without waiting for the defective drive to be received by Amazon. The new drive arrived 2 days later. It is supplied with a very short USB cable which I thought would be USB 3.0 compatible but the drive could only be accessed from a USB 2.0 port using this cable. I had purchased an additional longer USB 3.0 cable anyway and when I used this cable to connect the drive I could access the drive from the USB 3.0 port. It appears that the lead supplied with the drive is not USB 3.0 compatible and yet the specification for the drive states that the drive is USB 3.0 compatible and so I would have expected the cable to be USB 3.0. So my advice would be to purchase a cable that states it is specifically for a USB 3.0 port.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 15 May 2014
M. Rose (England) - See all my reviews
great hard drive, shock resistant. another reviewer posted negative reviews as he had broke the hard drive when he left the cable in the HD when travelling and he snapped the USB port. ANYONE with basic HD knowledge KNOWS NEVER to leave cables in during transit!!! the HD is strong and durable but small ports are always more fragile and can break - this HD if you drop it on the floor it's not going to stop working, which is what you really want. JUST DON'T LEAVE THE CABLE IN DURING TRANSIT AND YOU WILL LOVE THIS.

I had a 3TB HD full of TV shows, it fell off my dresser and now doesn't work, all that data lost - invest in this instead

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend 1 TB, 28 Jan 2014
As Described Very Strong
Very Portable
Quick Downloads As 3.0 USB
With Children In The House Its Strengh Is It's Vertue

5.0 out of 5 stars works best, 31 July 2013
this HD is really great as it makes the transfer of my data very easy and smooth. i am glad that i bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 22 May 2013
These are solid and easy to use as a back up. This is the second one I have bought and you can't beat the solid build quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive Space, 30 Mar 2014
Great External Hard Drive - fast and does what it says.

Only issue and its more general - USB 3 connections seems a bit wibbly/wobbly

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 April 2014
Should have bought one ages ago, Wrote review earlier though it was for this but it was for the connection cable which I didn't need as there was one with this

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for storing RAW or JPEG, 19 Jun 2013
I use this device to store all of my raw photos for preparation using Lightpro4. I haven't got any updated USB 3 ports but the storage works fine on USB 2. It is rugged enough to be carried around with my camera gear and well worth 5 stars. I bought to of these...one for me for photography and one for my son who uses it for film creation and editing.

Since writing this the hard drive has frozen. Lots of data lost without sending to a speciality data recovery company...very expensive. Of the two purchased one is still working well so I have had a fifty percent payback for a hundred percent outlay. The device is fitted with a normal 2.5 inch laptop hard drive made by Samsung. I took it to the PC world techies who tried placing the drive in a caddie and plugging directly to a SATA cable but still no luck. PC world did explain that it was very unusual for one of these to fail but it did and I lost lots of data. they asked if I had backed the data up but this WAS the backup. I did originally give the product five stars but I have dropped it down to three due to Transcend customer service. Hope this is useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, reliable and fast hard drive, 2 Oct 2013
This Hard Drive is very safe, fast (usb 3.0) & easy to use.
It's also priced very low. -> I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job / very easy to use, 10 Mar 2014
Ginestra Ferraro "ginez" (London) - See all my reviews
I can't say much.
So far it's working well. I don't carry it around very often, so it's pretty safe at home :)
Plugged and played on a Mac. Transferring files is quick and easy.