on 21 August 2014
I bought this base layer with the intention of using it for cycling. I am a new cyclist who will soon be commuting to work through the winter (Danish winter, so quite cold!).

Initially, I was surprised about the cost of this item. Canterburry is a reputable UK brand known for its quality. At £16.50 it’s a bargain, even more so when you consider that lesser known brands cost £30+ in the stores.

The item promptly arrived in a sealed bag, nothing special for an item of clothing. The top is well-made, has an appropriate fit and has good elasticity at the cuffs and collar. It’s important that base layers fit correctly and I was pleased to see the XL layer fit my XL body.

I have worn the item twice for two morning cycle rides. The temperature during these rides was 9-11°C. In both cases I was very pleased with the performance of the base layer. I stayed warm** but did not suffer from ‘boil in the bag’ and my sweat did not pool, in fact my body was quite dry after removing the layer (attributing to the sweat-wicking properties). The item retained its shape and did not warp/shrink after its journey through the washing machine.

I originally bought one of these as a ‘trial’; I will now be ordering more.

**I wore a wind-breaker over the base layer.
on 17 February 2013
I purchased the cold layer top to wear when taking part in the Tough Guy event in January. A very cold day and high exertion running through mud, up hills and lots if icy cold water. The top coped very well. Tight fit which was great for tackling obstacles and did not go baggy in the water. Held body heat pretty well although the conditions were so bad that I was very cold at the end. Overall very pleased with the purchase. Only downside is length as I'd prefer it an inch or 2 longer.
on 11 March 2014
Recently bought this base layer for snowboarding and running. Thick enough to keep you warm and does the job just fine. However i am normally a size medium and as other reviews have said, ordered a size large. It fits comfortably without being so tight you can't get it off. The sleeves are a little on the short side but not enough to return it.

Considering I'm a medium, I ordered a large and the sleeves are a little short, I think Canterbury need to sort their sizing out!
on 23 December 2014
Have only so far used it for cold Autumn rides ( with what I call a winter jacket on top) and once warmed up I have found the two layers to be very adequate. On one occasion I did stop for a short break outside for 15 mins. and did feel myself cooling off to the point where I wanted to get going again. If I stop with friends indoors, say for 15 - 30 mins. , then the base layer is perfect.
on 10 July 2013
I have other compression tops (some of which cost 3x the price I paid for this) but this one rates as good as most of them. There are fewer panels than some models but he price reflects this. I originally bought a short sleeved version from TK Max so decided to buy this and its just as good.
on 24 February 2014
I use it for: trekking, cycling, running.

For years I used loose fitting wicking tops and always swore by them, then a couple of years ago I decided to use one of these compression tops, first impressions were it's too tight and it felt uncomfortable due my own mind thinking it was too tight.

Took a couple of weeks to get used to it but now I never wear anything else, I have both the cold and hot compression tops.These are quite simply the best base layer for outdoor activity for comfort and wicking.

I am normally a size large in all things, and I bought a size large compression top, snug fit as compression suggests but slighly short in the arms, but I do have long arms so that's the only minor gripe.
on 20 November 2013
Very happy with my purchase keeps me warm while I'm out running on these wintry evenings. Would definitely recommend this product.
on 5 November 2013
This baselayer is amazing, i use it to play football it keeps you warm and it does not restrict your movements. I have a few baselayers; nike, under armour and this one (canterbury) out of all 3 i prefer the canterbury, it may be a few extra £'s more expensive however its worth it. The quality is better than the other 2 in my opinion and also it looks better ( i like the logo on the arm). Buy it you wont be dissapointed.
on 23 July 2013
You can't beat these on a cold winters day on the rugby pitch-wouldn't be without one and they wash really well
on 20 October 2015
I have a bunch of different thermal tops at home and bought a few more for this years rowing and running winter season. I am very impressed with the quality and price so after buying my first one, i bought 2 more. REALLY happy with this product and hope that Canterbury does not reduce the quality in the future like many other brands.

Highly recommend!