5.0 out of 5 stars Great understated watch
I looked very intently over a few days for a new watch. I had never had an expensive watch and I know this is not exactly the most expensive watch but its certainly the best I ever had.
Published 20 months ago by S. Haresign

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't know Xmas
Don't know Xmas present
Published 14 days ago by K B HERBERT

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great understated watch, 9 Mar 2013
S. Haresign "Styve" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Eco-Drive Titanium Watch (Watch)
I decided to go for the titanium strap as most reviews were saying how light it is, not necessarily an issue but you dont want a heavy watch that is constantly reminding you, that it is on? I also liked the two tone effect of polished and matt.
Watches I have had in the past would have the 'coating' rub off and I am hoping this wont happen with this.
I also went for the sapphire glass as its is more resistant to scratches.
I didnt get a chrono, as I decided I didnt really need one when wearing this watch, I wanted to use this watch for formal and casual times going out, the main purpose just to tell the time, didnt want a complex watch, but I did want a date.
Finally the eco drive, I didnt originally realise it was solar powered, the cell does charge a battery, but it will never need replacing. It is a pain with watches when you might not wear it for a while, then when you do you find its flat.
I adjusted the strap as I bought the strap adjusting tool at the same time. If you adjust these straps, be away to follow the arrows on the inside of the strap and watch for the small round springs falling out, the pins will not stay in without these springs in, they fit in the centre part of the hinge.
There is also a half link adjustment at the clasp, note the pin here is sprung and not removeable.
All in all a great watch looks very smart and expensive, not too large a face but big enough to with the men...

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch Review, 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Eco-Drive Titanium Watch (Watch)
Only bought this in August, so far very pleased with design, feel, weight. Easy to read white on blue figures and eco-drive which means no battery replacement. One criticism is that the date is difficult to read, the window and characters should be larger. Instructions should have included method of ajusting strap length, the removable pins are quite small and their locking rings are tiny, this is not a design I've seen before and only found the locking ring by chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Hopes, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Eco-Drive Titanium Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch as a replacement for my previous eco-drive titanium watch which was the model down from this. This watch is working well so far with no problems but it has large boots to fill. My previous eco-drive endured six or seven years of never being off my wrist. It was worn in the bath, the shower, steam room, sauna and has swum in quite a few of the worlds oceans/seas and lakes. It even went scuba diving once because I forgot to take it off. It survived frequent use of a number of power tools including chainsaws, stihl saws powered chisels and withstood the vibration and battering which came with it. The titanium finish kept its look in a way that stainless steel just cannot compete with and it eventually gave up the ghost when the winder fell off. So really I've written a review for another model but this model in my opinion looks better and if it's half as good as my old one I will be happy. The only criticism is the date window and this was true for my old watch. It's too small. Citizen need to either sort this or lose it cos it aint a great deal of use when it's so difficult to see.

Highly recommended (In hopeful anticipation)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Watch By Far, 14 Oct 2012
Mr. Colin Jacobs (Co Durham England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Eco-Drive Titanium Watch (Watch)
I was looking for a new titanium watch as my old one gave up the ghost after 15 years. I was looking at buying a Rado Sintra but on my last cruise the person in the shop told me that a titanium eco drive would be just as good and a lot cheaper so I am one happy chappy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch. Glad I bought it., 23 May 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Eco-Drive Titanium Watch (Watch)
This is a great watch. So glad I bought it.
Comfortable to wear as it is light thanks to being Titanium. Easy to read, can even see it without my specs, which is great.
Really luminous at night which is so very useful. Date is very small can't see it with or without my specs which is a big drawback. Best of all will never have to worry about a battery ever again.
Looks good on your wrist. Quite a few people have commented how nice it looks.
A word of warning. There is not much room for adjustment without removing links. DO NOT attempt to remove these yourself.
It is very fiddly and if you loose the locking sheaf (which is so small you can only handle it with tweezers) you are in trouble.
Tried to do it myself, and lost the sheaf. Fortunately a local jeweller was able to save the day.
If the strap does need adjustment, save yourself time, trouble and expense, and take it to a jeweller.

If you want a good watch, that looks great, at a good price, then this is the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money out there!, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Eco-Drive Titanium Watch (Watch)
Bought this watch to replace an earlier model of the same watch I owned for over 10 years. The old one had a two-tone gold/silver band, and it ran flawlessly for the entire time I owned it, never losing even a second in all those years. I was sad to say goodbye to the old one, but the crystal finally gave up the ghost and I felt the cost of repair would justify purchasing a new one. This time, I went with the sapphire crystal hoping never to have to replace it. The band feels rugged and the watch has a solid feel. At $250, this watch cannot be beat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for..., 14 Jan 2013
G. Walsh (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Eco-Drive Titanium Watch (Watch)
Having been quoted a ridiculous price to service my old faithful watch, I decided to replace it instead. Also tired of being without a watch when the battery needed replacing, I decided to go for either a self-winder or solar. I was looking for something understated, and this fitted the bill perfectly.

I've only had it for a few weeks, but it feels like a quality item and looks great. Being titanium it's pretty light for its size, and it is a little chunky. The face is quite a bit bigger than I expected, but I'm getting used to it. In spite of the large face, the date is tiny and due to being heavily recessed is pretty much unreadable in dim light or if you're of advancing years... As others have noted, the face is blue rather than black but for me that's a plus. I couldn't figure out how to adjust the strap so popped into a local jeweller - the adjustment is a little coarse, meaning I'm stuck between it being too tight or a little too loose, but I think that's pretty common these days so I won't mark it down.

All in all, very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever watch, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Eco-Drive Titanium Watch (Watch)
After some time looking for a new watch finally came across this titanium one from Citizen.

I had been leaning towards a Seiko as I have owned a few in the past, but after trying a few on I thought the Seiko's I sampled looked cheap and the designs did not match my expectations. However this one is precisely what I wanted and I find the design, watch proportions and weight exactly what I required. Although this watch is certainly light like other titanium models, I found it had a reassuring weight suggesting it's well constructed and robust.

The bracelet also has a nice brushed finish which made it stand out among other models, on some of these the titanium had an almost plastic like quality. It is also incredibly comfortable to wear.

It certainly ticked all the boxes I was looking for and I would highly recommend it. Well done Citizen, I think you have won a new long term customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible watch, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Eco-Drive Titanium Watch (Watch)
Design wise it is a piece of art. Very simple and stylish. It just looks stunning on my wrist and I can wear it with everything. On the tech side both the case and the band are made form titanium, so it is very light and durable. Due to the polishing Citizen have applied on the titanium and the usage of sapphire for crystal material you have to put a lot of effort to make a scratch on this watch. Last but not least it is powered from sunlight and is water ressistant up to 100 m.

The value you will get for your money is just out of this world :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Citizen Eco-Drive - a modern man's watch, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: Citizen Men's BM7170-53L Eco-Drive Titanium Watch (Watch)
A young middle-class professional, who is my man, appreciates functionality, elegance and minimalism. A well-cut suit flatters his shape, he wears comfortable leather shoes and Citizen Eco-Drive completes his business look like aluminium rims on a very good car. It is an eye-catching item, not too flashy though, with a cool dark blue face and easily readable display. Its functionality lies in solar-powered mechanism, which spares a busy man the hassle of changing a battery. This timepiece owes both its elegant look and durability to sapphire scratch proof glass and shimmering, but not ostentatious, titanium case and bracelet. The materials also account for the product's light weight. A taste of luxury in affordable price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›