on 13 March 2012
This product does what it says on the tin. It has two sonic levels, one for training which is very handy for my dog who thinks the couch is his. The second stronger level is to repel a cross dog. I have used it effectively on two very cross dogs while out walking my dog. I am very pleased with it. It also has a torch. The reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the button you press is very small and when a cross dog is approaching and you take it out of your pocket, its hard to locate as its similar to the switch for the different sonic levels. I think it would work better if there were a big button that's easy to find in a situation where you might be panicking. Other than that I'm very happy
on 12 September 2012
This works a treat ... through a single brick wall at a distance of 6-8 feet, through a rough fence, from a distance of 20-30 feet with a clear run, and through glass but you've got to experiment with how to make it work best.

We have also doctored it a little with black electrical tape so it doesn't flash at night.

If we're going to be training someone else's dog then this is what we'll have to do! Pooch has learnt though and now knows if he sees us or hears us open a window he'd best pipe down! We still need some time and Pooch can forget at night and awkwardly the room he is locked in is out of the reach of said device but we're working on it ...

I imagine if you were a jogger and you wanted to scare off a strange dog with the light/sound combo it would work VERY well.

Worth the money for a decent night's sleep :o)
on 19 July 2012
Tried this on the idiotic neighbour's various dogs ( how is taking other people's dogs, dumping them in your garden and feckin off for hours at a time a 'professional dogminding service' ?) and it seems to quieten them after a few blasts of the barking control button. Not tried it on that louping, great slavering, eejit who has developed the habit of bounding up the back garden and leaning on the fence barking and snarling inches from my face when I'm walking back from the gym in the dark but there's a button on that baby with his name on it and the words, 'Bring it on dogbreath' spring to mind.
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2012
I wish id bought one years ago. Once it broke the habit my dogs have stopped barking.works better on my more intelligent dog.so if yours is a bit daft may not work as well!
on 1 January 2013
I've used this device several times on various nuisance dogs and it has worked every time. Dogs who come sniffing around when I'm sitting outdoors having a drink, dogs who want to jump up to say hello and of course dogs who won't stop barking (sometimes from the other side of a flimsy fence). The response varies but usually the dog just decides to go away after one brief zap. Sometimes the barking resumes but a second zap usually shuts it up properly.
Of course humans can't hear the sound so it's a leap of faith to put your trust in it. When I first got it, I tried it on a perfectly innocent dog that was just passing and was completely ignored. That had me wondering whether the device worked.
My theory (for what it's worth) is that dogs only respond when they're confronting you. If the dog feels dominated by the very loud noise then it goes away and picks on someone else. You're really doing the dog training that the owner couldn't be bothered with. If the dog isn't confronting you then it is hearing just another loud noise that has no relevance.
If you want nuisance dogs to leave you alone, get one of these.
on 18 January 2015
Please NOTE; This product will only work on some dogs.....

I have two dogs and it works on only one and not the other. For the dog that this does work for it is a great deterrent (male border collie) when he becomes too focused and too intense on one particular subject ie., obsessive herding of other dogs when out walking. I would never prevent a small amount of herding as this is his job and what he genetically wants to do. However, when this goes on too much and you can sense the body language of the other dog and the owner, it is a great 'go to' if the normal 'call back' does not break the focus. Also, barking for too long (I like my dogs to bark as this is a natural thing for dogs and it is a fantastic deterrent to anybody who wants to hear but I like it not to be for too long as it can be a noise issue if not managed). My view is that dogs need to express themselves (imagine being told never to speak for the whole of your life.....!! not normal).
on 8 June 2012
I am very pleased with this item. It skats the cats from my garden in most cases (some cats are stubbon, but it works eventually), and moves unruly dogs away while we enjoy a more peacefull walk. It's important to use this only when needed, do not use it just for the sake of it. I find it is not so effective on next doors barking dog but it may be the hedge in between. otherwise it's spot on.
on 15 September 2012
i bought this product to try to stop my dog barking everytime she saw another dog ,even in the distance. It did work initially then she developed the ability to ignore it completely. I found if I used it occasionally it proved to be more effective. It causes a distraction for a few seconds.
on 24 May 2013
This product has no effect whatsoever. Tried it on my dog at a range of 8 feet and it didn't even bother to react in any way. Had no effect from a couple of feet either. It should not be sold as a deterrent. If an aggressive dog is coming at you, try throwing this product at it. You might get lucky. The light works!
Product was returned for refund.
on 19 April 2013
This gadget really does work - the hound next door, who barked constantly, now skulks back in its house when the 'beam' is directed at it. Only problem is the flashing light when its dark - when your hanging out of the bedroom window its very visible! Easy to solve, sticky tape over the light. Good eh!