on 28 March 2012
I brought this as a step up from a Samsung Galaxy Europa and i was very pleased with the quality, service and speed of the phone and company providing it. The phone itself is very good with an 8GB card and all of the other accessories you need to get going, its very bright and fast and comes in an official Sony Ericsson box. The phone looks brilliant in Pure White and the finger prints don't show up as much as I expected them too which is very good, I was also pleased with the fact that the Xperia Arc S came with a screen protector to keep the screen safe from scratches and dents etc. The phone also comes with easy to use guides which helped me to link up to all of my sites including Facebook and Google, In addition the Xperia Arc S is available for a Android 4.0 'Ice Cream Sandwich' update which is awesome. The phone is also very concise considering that is a 4.2" touch screen, which makes the touchscreen easy to use and more specifically to type. The brightness is very good and so are the angles overall a Excellent Phone. The delivery only took 1 day (between ordering and receiving) so it was well worth the standard shipping. The company providing the phone is also good as the delivery exceeded my expectations and the quality and protection in the wrapping and Xperia Arc S itself was superb. Finally the Sim Free service works well as I put in my UK 3 network sim and it worked in seconds. I would recommend this phone to anyone who wishes to either enter the Android market or make an Upgrade, and I would also suggest getting the phone in white. £299.99 well spend and the cheapest Sim Free Deal you get get in the UK. Awesome!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2012
I spent a lot of time researching what phone to buy, and after using an HTC and iphone, I really wanted to make the right choice this time. This phone is amazing - the screen is outstanding, camera amazing, so easy and simple to use you don't need an instruction manual and I am more than happy with it.
The operating system is quick, screen very responsive and I have taken some very good quality photos using the camera. It is a large phone - which I don't find a problem and it is very thin and a very eye catching design. There is a user guide built in which makes some of the trickier settings easy to sort out and it is a very user friendly phone - it took me weeks to work out how to use my HTC wildfire whereas this phone came out of the box and was so much easier.
Would highly recommend as an alternative to iphone - it is half the price but NOT half the phone - and I would also say that the battery lasts better than I expected. If you turn off the mobile internet, drop the brightness down a few notches you can get 2 -3 days out of it easily.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2012
Been looking for a smartphone for a while, did a bit for research and this phone wow, totally worth the money. Loaded with apps from android with a lot more to choose from. Also, it does work with pay as you go sim cards. This phone is capable of much more and in my opinion a better option than an IPhone, 2 reasons cheaper and more range of apps, but's that,s only my opinion.
on 11 February 2015
Have had this phone 3 years, it's been wonderful, easy to use out of the box and has always done what I needed it to do. I researched before buying, as I needed a good camera for my son's wedding and it took 2500 stunning photos. It has been dropped many times, and unlike iphones (most people I know with iphones, break the glass when dropped) all that happens is that everything comes apart and it slithers across the floor, I put it back together, switch it on, and away it goes again. I love the shape, it fits in a trouser pocket (female) and because of the curved back, it sits around your hip bone without even noticing it's there. Comfortable for a fair sized phone. I love it and would highly recommend it to anyone.
on 14 September 2012
on 11 February 2013
really love this phone and great price too. wasn't sure between white and pink, but definately made the right choice, thanks
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse