4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story!
Published on 4 May 2011 by Rayven

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my style
Started reading, but it was not my type. The plot was weird. I ordered it because it was by an author I had read and enjoyed before.
Published 9 months ago by Terry

4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story!, 4 May 2011
Rayven (California) - See all my reviews
Sarah Woodbury weaves a tale of Myth and Magic in "The Last Pendragon: A Story of Dark Age Wales." The author brings together the Arthurian and Welsh myths, while adding her own style to this story. As a lover of historical fiction and fantasy genres, I quickly found myself immersed into the story that contains a bit of both. We see Cade the last of the Pendragon line trying to take hold of his destiny as King. The theme is non traditional and sets it self apart from most Arthurian legends and stories.

The plot is well written and moves at a pleasant pace, while bringing together a core group of characters. With the threat of the sidhe, demons, hell hounds and the Welsh Gods who try and control the outcome at every turn, the characters are tested. I found myself getting caught up in the feelings of brotherhood, loyalty, friendship and the longing of love, all while facing the knowledge that they might not make it in the end. I could not put this book down and read every chance I had, even losing sleep to finish the story.

The amount of historical research that went into this book was evident throughout the story. The author's knowledge of life during dark age Wales and the history of Wales gave believability to this story. I found myself once again on the Isle of Anglesey, seeing it from a different perspective all while reliving my own journey through the rugged country side of Wales.

All in all this was a great story to read. I felt my love for the Arthurian era come alive again. I would recommend this book for anyone who would like to venture out of the norm when it comes to the tales of King Arthur and his descendants. I for one am looking forward to reading the next two books in the series. This book is worthy of 4.5 Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Last Pendragon (The Last Pendragon Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I have read all the Sarah Woodbury books and enjoyed everyone of them.Being Welsh I enjoy reading about stories,myths and legends of Wales and this story put a new spin on them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my style, 29 Oct 2013
Terry "Tee" (Burton on Trent England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Arthurian story, 30 Jan 2013
This book is ideal for anyone who likes historical novels. I thought it was great and also read the other books in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read., 20 Nov 2012
I have enjoyed reading all your books but the Pendragon series are my favourites. They combine places that I visited and loved during my years in Wales and the period that I read much about during my years of studying Welsh.
Was fortunate to have several tutors that really loved their national history and its characters and took us to visit key places while reading each book. So I could revisit them in my mind's eye while reading the Pendragon series. The other books as well but not to the same extent.