on 16 December 2011
I initially ordered this as part of a gift as an accessory for a styling wand. I am not sure what I expected but I was a little disappointed with the appearance, when I opened the parcel. It looked slightly smaller than expected and the finish wasn't what I would call plush, so I decided to buy a more expensive one to give to my friend. However I kept it for myself and found that it did the job well i.e. protected my table top and carpet.
on 23 May 2014
While using this with hair straighteners to protect the new carpet in my bedroom I noticed the heat was going through the mat... On closer examination I could feel that the surface of the (50% wool) carpet was actually singed.. It just looks like a piece of felt and perhaps that's all I was sent! Sadly I am unable to recommend.
on 9 March 2013
does the job as long as the mrs puts the straighteners on here lol. . . . . . .
on 29 August 2013
This purchase was great, been looking for one for ages and found this mat for only a couple of pounds
on 15 January 2014
What can I say ? This product is adequate for it's intended purpose, in other words it saves scorching your carpet or flooring. For the price, I would recommend this to a friend. I personally use it for all my heated stylers, it is extremely useful and you can feel safe in the knowledge you flooring is protected, I myself would not trust it to protect any expensive furniture, but I tend to be very cautious, If you just want something to rest your heated stylers on it is up to the task.
on 8 September 2013
Wish I knew earlier about these mats as my grand-daughter burnt my bedroom carpet with her straighteners. No problem now though as she uses the mat now everytime she uses her straighteners. Excellent product.
on 10 January 2014
Is what it is...great for on the side in your bedroom to avoid any heat marks from hot hair styling products. Arrived promptly and would definately recommend to a friend.
on 3 June 2015
Decent size, seems to do the job of protecting surfaces, but I'm very careful and do not set the straighteners on their side. Very reasonably priced to worth the money.
on 9 January 2015
been looking for a heat mat for a long time then i saw this on amazon so ordered it straight away quite big but can fit my hairdryer and straighteners on at same time
on 19 April 2015
Fantastic product! Have used more expensive straighteners but these ones are very reasonably priced and work brilliantly! Worth investing in the heat proof mat too.