on 9 December 2012
Didn't research enough before buying - the beans in the bag are 'foam' and make lots of noise. Also the basic quality of the product is not high - the edges are already chipping.

there are much better items on Amazon (try Pimpernel)
on 28 December 2011
Just the job for aged parents who prefer their meals in front of the television. Well-padded for maximum comfort, with a sturdy and wipeable top tray providing ample room for meat and two veg - or flaming hot chilli if you prefer. Job's a good 'un.
on 10 September 2012
First off in my humble opinion this is the most stylish lap tray available, which is why I bought two off the bat when I intended to buy different designs. I really like the graphic and black border. It certainly beats some of the flowery designs I've seen in the past.
I'm still pleased with my purchase so far (I've only used them in anger once to date). But there is one outstanding flaw you should know about. The bean bag/cushion underneath has more air than beans. This means that it bounces slightly as you cut you food. I thought that like previous models I have used this would mould to my legs (invariably at a gradient meaning peas had to be chased) but instead in rests somewhat unsteadily. This might mean that your legs are less likely to get sweaty during potracted use - just because you're eating in front of the TV doesn't mean you won't have 3 courses.
However this means the tray is even less appropriate for drinks and plates loaded with sauces.

I must say all these trays have this problem to an extent and I don't regret my purchase yet, I'm just a little dissapointed.
on 2 October 2012
A really nice product - looks good, feels good, is easy to clean and in constant use as I spend a lot of time in a recliner, so find it indispensable for meals,reading, writing and many other things. Seems to be sturdily made and has the right amount of beads to give a stable surface.
on 3 September 2012
My daughter loves this. She uses it as a writing table whilst sitting up in bed. It really does look very cool! The bean bag underneath is a little on the skinny side, that's the only downside I can see, but then it doesn't take up too much room to store if you put it in the cupboard sideways.
on 20 September 2013
What does that say about me? Clearly having too many TV dinners!

But it is a lovely tray, very stable, comfortable and a good size.
Stands up to many 'wipe clean' with sponge and fairy liquid, though I do take care to dry it afterwards.

Not to mention the design is gorgeous and very apt for a chilli lover!
on 25 December 2015
It is a very pretty tray and looks great. But the negative comments on here are totally correct.
The filling is thin...it's ok but not great,adequate just about is probably the best I can say. There is a large sticky label on it that needs removal and it is a real nuisance to get off.
Best thing is to make it a game of get a bit off each time you go in the kitchen (it really is that annoying and tricky to get off because damage would be so easy to do to the surface) all in all it looks lovely and if I had seen it before purchase I would not have bought it because pretty is not enough.
So buyer beware...just a bit.
on 16 January 2012
Delighted with this laptray, bought as a present and he was over the moon with it. I am certainly going to buy another.
on 10 February 2015
I am very disappointed with the plastic top. The first time that I used the tray as a laptop tray a small screw on the base of the laptop made a hole in the plastic which is also easily scratched. My previous lap tray is about 10 years old and is showing some signs of wear but it has a proper finish that has stood up to all types of use. I would not have bought this had I known that the top is only a very thin covering of plastic. I'm almost to frightened to use it!
on 8 February 2013
Good design but very average quality. Shiny plastic surface and lightweight cushion. Ok for the price but not a high quality product.