on 13 July 2013
I have been looking for a set of wedges, but thought that most of what I had seen on the market were expensive for what they were. However, this set of Drakes Pride rubber wedges were just what I was looking for - affordable and do the job as well as others triple the price. They arrived in good time and have been well used over the past few weeks. I would recommend them to other bowlers and I have given the details to several of my friends.
on 6 February 2013
I have wooden wedges which are fine but these being quite small is a bonus for getting into difficult spots. Very light to carry.
VINE VOICEon 20 July 2013
All bowlers should have these, outside with our hot recent summer days has seen some very close ends - and these have proved invaluable - far better than the cloth I was using! Indoor bowlers will know that all close drawing ends suggest the need for caliper measures - and you need wedges to hold those bowls!
on 23 September 2013
these wedges are just right for securing the jack whilst measuring - i'm a bowling beginner and sometimes need confidence in measuring - these will help no end
on 11 July 2015
Used them during matches. They are rubber so stick to the green and wood better than wooden chocks. Only problem is being black I tend to lose them in my bag or drop them !
on 15 June 2012
The on-line retailer gave good service and a fair price for the product but we are both being exploited by Drakes Pride who heavily overcharge.
I cannot believe that a handful of plastic wedges can cost over £7.
I am aware that this is the correct retail price but these wedges cannot cost more than a few pence to produce.
I have some knowledge of plastics manufacturing techniques and I would estimate the manufacturing cost for the whole set of wedges to be less than 10p.
on 19 May 2016
I thought these were a bit expensive until I saw other wedges on other sites. These are great aid for any bowler or umpire
on 1 May 2014
The items came the next day and I and my friends are delighted with them. The price was just right for the product.
on 29 June 2014
Very good value and they arrived very quickly. I have used them quite a lot and would recommend them to anyone.
on 24 May 2014
Certainly will do what it says on the Tin ... Have I written enough to satisfy this Stupid SysteM? Apparently