5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for my Long Thick Hair
Published on 29 Feb 2012 by DelicateZaphira

2.0 out of 5 stars Initially thought excellent BUT....
Published 10 months ago by Kate W

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for my Long Thick Hair, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece (Personal Care)
I've only used these rollers once and they worked perfectly. They're different to any heated rollers I've used before and as I have long thick hair I didn't think I'd have enough rollers. Au contrare! I had 2 left when I was finished. The rollers get nice and hot and stay hot for a long time after they've been turned off. The pins are a little fiddly but worked fine and will just take some getting used to. I got a lovely bouncy curl from these, not too tight at all and when combed through the curl in my hair was just lovely. Unfortunately, my curls fell out after a short time but I don't blame the product at all. I had just gotten my hair done a few days before and the hairdresser had not used any product or conditioner and my hair was poker straight. My hair was never going to maintain the curl after that. Also, I don't think I left them in long enough as I was eager to see the end result. I'd recommend using a setting lotion or to use on hair that has been let dry by itself or has just been blast dried with a hairdryer. The box is nice and compact and there are 2 compartments for the pins that come with the rollers.
All in all I'd be pleased to recommend these to someone else. (Also thank you Amazon for another quick and easy purchase)

4.0 out of 5 stars Heated Curlers, 30 April 2012
Zozo "Zo" (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece (Personal Care)
I haven't had heated curlers for years, I thought I'd try Revlon rollers as I have a Revlin hairdryer which I've had for years and it's never let me down. These rollers heat up quickly and do the job, what more could you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece (Personal Care)
I've always used heated rollers every day and I found these rollers work very well. They take a little longer than my old ones to get hot but they do get nice and hot. It's also a neat pack which is not too heavy (I particularly wanted something to take on holiday.) The price was very good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin!, 22 April 2012
This review is from: Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece (Personal Care)
Haven't used heated rollers for nearly 40years but was delighted to find how simple and effective these were to use. Only problem is getting them to stay in if hair's too soft so lotion or mousse are vital to success.

2.0 out of 5 stars Initially thought excellent BUT...., 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece (Personal Care)
Why two storage slots for three sizes of clips? And why not colour code the clips? They are all similar at a quick glance and this is going to be a regular irritation. I think I am going to find some paint and colour code them myself. Otherwise, excellent. Not fast to heat but my lifestyle does not require speed. Easy to put in, stay in well, give a good curl in my almost shoulder length, thick, slightly curly hair. A worthy replacement to my 40 year old Carmen rollers which still worked but took up too much room on the shelf!

After five uses, amending this! The clips are driving me mad! They need to be laid on top of each other to see which size is which. The difference is tiny but it matters. I have three times used a too small clip which then "pings" off on to the floor. I have failed to find one of these and so after five uses am one pin down already. Also the red dot which is supposed to turn white when they are hot stays determinedly red!

Am considering returning them! Have removed a star from the rating?

Final amendment. Have returned them. Have removed another star! Amazon refunded me with their usual efficiency.

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchase for pre teen, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece (Personal Care)
Delivered on time & in good condition. Gift for a pre teen to practice with. Happy with purchase as it does it's job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quick heating rollers, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece (Personal Care)
I love the speed at which these heat up.

they would do better to be colour coded with the clips provided (but I have bought some better clips now - separately)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product for Price, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece (Personal Care)
I got these because of the good reviews and I thought they were affordable. I have poker straight hair that refuses to curl and these actually work. The tight curl only lasts a few hours (but I'm usually out dancing, which probably ruins the effect). Even after the curls relax, they add fantastic volume to my hair. Very pleased with the product as well as the delivery from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Because it's Worth It, 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece (Personal Care)
Excellent product. Arrived quickly and works great. Heats up quickly and to the correct temperature. Highly recommended and very good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Heated hair rollers, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece (Personal Care)
A good fairly compact set of rollers in three sizes more suited to short hair as the roller sizes are not that generous. It is a great shame that Revlon do not do these rollers in travel size i.e. 10 rollers (5 large, 5 medium) then they would be perfect.

Revlon 9033U Hair Roller Set - 18 Piece