5.0 out of 5 stars Spend on this if you are serious into great quality.
I have been using this for over 6 months and as I said "spend on this if you are serious into great quality" I stand by this all the way. The only minor problem I have found that mobile phones can interfere with it and that is resolved by keeping phones away from device, I would buy this again if I had to over other DAC solutions.
Published 16 months ago by Jace

1.0 out of 5 stars Non serve proprio a nulla
Published 17 months ago by Maurizio Urso - Arte Nuova Int...

5.0 out of 5 stars Spend on this if you are serious into great quality., 30 April 2013
This review is from: Asus Xonar Essence One USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sound, great improvement on in built DAC's., 26 Sep 2013
I. A. Peden - See all my reviews
The asus greatly improves the sound quality from DAB radios ,Televisions, Media players and PC sound cards.

The sound quality improvement is most noticeable when using the optical output from "Pure" DAB Radios.

The Sound quality from , the now discontinued "Squeezebox", is also considerably improved when sourced from the optical output on the "squeezebox".The Western digital WD TV media player also greatly benefits from the ASUS ONE , when fed from the optical out port.

Televisions with optical outputs, are vastly improved when fed to the ASUS one.

The Optical ouput from P.C's ( IEC 595 ) is also vastly improved when sourced from the PC optical output.

The sound from the ASUS ONE is not, in my opinion, improved when using the supplied USB driver.(
The supplied USB driver was , initially, faulty.)

The Sound from the ASUS is also not improved when using the bit insertion ( interpolation), where initial 48ks/s sample rate is "multiplied" by two, four or eight times giving 96k , 192k or 394k samples rates.

The USB bit perfect scheme, where the PC source USB frequency is controlled by the ASUS ONE ,again, does not improve the sound quality.

I use the ASUS ONE solely from optical sources, where the sound improvement is superb.

The ASUS ONE,supplied with only one optical input, means that you will need a working optical selector switch. The cheap optical switches are terrible with the only available electronic switches being expensive.

Finally ,the Build quality, not to mention the weight!, are exceptional for a DAC at this price.

So, would I recommend the ASUAS ONE , given that I use only , perhaps five percent of it's capabilities.........Yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as USB DAC's 3 times the price, 18 July 2013
After moving to this from a Creative Xfi Titanium HD which kept cutting out, and not wanting another internal card after having a history of them going wrong,
I decided to go for this external DAC.

I know the price will put a lot off, but it really is amazing that Asus can sell this for what they do, when you take into account where this sit's in the market.
The slight downside of this is the plastic buttons and volume control knob's, and while this isn't a deal breaker it does just make you wonder what you just spent that money on.
However once you start listening to music through it for the first time all the worries are gone. I'm using Sennheiser HD650's and the sound is warm and rich with good detail, and the base is full but not overpowering,
the base being the biggest improvement over the creative card. Not totally convinced with the upsampling button, best to just stick to bit perfect with the ASIO driver that you can use in foobar 2000.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can not praise this enough, 20 Aug 2013
Dung (Atherstone) - See all my reviews
I getting slowly more and more deaf as I get older and the films that I like to watch have a great deal of special effects going off that prevent me from understanding what is being said. I have a Sennheiser PC 350 headset and the creative cards that I had were simply unable to drive the headset. I am a big fan of Asus quality and I use their motherboards and graphics cards so I gambled on this hoping the quality would be there. The combination of headset and sound card have enabled me to watch and understand many great movies that were impossible for me previously. My rock music sounds great as well.
It is an absolute monster of a sound card and when you feel the weight of it you guess it has to be quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive, 27 Sep 2012
Mr. R. W. Tracey "rickytracey2" (London, England) - See all my reviews
I was getting fed up with hissing from my Creative Xfi titanium & wasn't convinced another internal card would be better so I looked around & found this.

It's improved the sound of my Shure SE530's even though they sound good through an iphone & they are great with full sized, high impedance cans.

Had no problems with the drivers once I figured out how to use Foobar2000. I leave bit perfect on all the time with no problems, it recognises 44.1, 96, 192 etc. I can't get it to work properly with Winamp & forget Itunes for HD audio.

Better than any internal soundcard for music, I have not done much else with it yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Non serve proprio a nulla, 23 April 2013
Di sicuro se si ha un impianto stereo di riferimento e per riferimento non indico quelle marche blasonate oltreoceano che fanno nient'altro che danneggiare le nostre povere orecchie ma un sistema HI FI con armoniche, velocita' dei transienti tale da riprodurre nel piu' minuto dettaglio quelle armoniche che "tutti" noi ci aspettiamo di ascoltare in una riproduzione scenica musicale. Ebbene questo dac non serve proprio a nulla! non fa' altro che danneggiare assolutamente tutta la gamma di frequenze audio. Ma ripeto per capire e recepire questo si deve avere un impianto di riferimento............e questo e' quasi impossibile! Io c'e l'ho, ne ho provati a centinaia anche di centinaia di migliaia di euro e devo confermare che il 99.9 % dei sistemi audio nel mondo sono delle vere e proprie "truffe" create soltanto per fare del puro business. E questo e' tutto. Un ottimo Arcam Erdac o Cambridg DacMagic 100 fanno ben altro lavoro