on 2 November 2013
Straight Away you notice that this set has Quality written all over it ( not literally).
From reading the other reviews I had an idea that this ratchet was going to be small but it still surprised me with how small it really is- it just about reaches to my palm in order for me to get that extra bit of leverage if needed.
The design is well thought out- Carrying it is easy, access to the bits is simple and the rear row of bits ( where the torx security bits are) moves away from the front row to allow you to grip bits easily.
The bit holder also is very sturdy and holds everything very securely. The Ratchet is also held very well in place by the sliding plastic retainer.
review image
on 21 June 2013
I chose this item and purchased it after seeing the high quality of a friends Wera screwdriver set first hand, ver impressive set, so I decided to get something Wera myself.

I eventually settled on the Tool Check as I thought it would make an excellent glove-box toolkit for the car, with most of the common socket sizes and screwdriver heads included, so I bit the bullet and paid the money (there were comparable toolkits cheaper, but the quality won me over).

A very nice purchase, the ratchet is TINY (probably about 3.5", or 90mm in length), but Is ideal to get into more compact spaces where a normal ratchet would struggle.

Dont let the comparatively high price of the Wera tools put you off - the quality is first rate, and better than some other high end tools I own (I own a lot of Brittol/Snap On/Mac Tools/Sandvik tooling - this is JUST as good!).
on 3 May 2014
The set contains a 1/4" socket adapter, a single slotted bit, and a nice selection of pozi, phillips, torx, security torx and hex plus bits (details below). It also has the Zyklop Mini Bit Ratchet and a small rapidaptor, and some 1/4" sockets.

You don't really get a sense for the size of the ratchet until you are holding it. I'd seen pictures, but was still surprised when I got it in the post. It's the length of my middle finger, or 87mm. Although it's very small, it's also very strong, and it is a 6 degree ratchet. It has a knurled ring on it to allow you to spin it with your thumb. You can insert bits straight into the ratchet, or you can use the rapidaptor if you want a bit more to hold onto. It also has a small switch on the side of the knurled ring to change the direction of the ratchet, as bits can only be inserted one way.

The bits and socket adapter are safely stored inside the case, which is opened by sliding the Wera badge up. Once opened, you will see two rows of bits, which separate for easy access. The sockets are easily twisted off the bottom of the case, and also have a knurled ring on them, so you can grip them with your fingers and thumb. There is also a belt hook on the back of the case.

When I originally bought this, I intended to use it as a tool kit for my bicycle. It's compact, has almost everything you need, and it's great quality. I was carrying it with my bahco reversible ratchet spanners, which I also love, and it had me covered for all my bike troubles. However, I decided that cycling was too much work, so now it's a part of my regular tool box ;-)

I don't actually use the bit ratchet that often, I mostly just use this as a stash of bits, which mostly gets used by my main combi drill, and often accidentally by my impact driver. To say I've used some of these bits with an impact driver, they did stand up really well.

I think this is a great kit. It's very compact, and very easy to use, if a little expensive. It's up to you to decide whether or not it's worth it, but I couldn't resist the temptation, and I don't regret buying it.

Tech spec rundown:
Zyklop Mini Bit Ratchet (6 degree ratchet), Small Rapidaptor, 1/4" x 50mm socket adaptor, SL 1.0 x 5.5mm, PH1 x 2, PH2 x 3, PH3, PZ1, PZ2 x 2, PZ3 x 3, H0P3 (Hex Plus), H0P4, H0P5, H0P6, H0P8, T10, T15, T20, T25, T30, T40, ST10, ST15, ST20, ST25, ST30. 1/4" Sockets: 5.5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 13mm.
on 28 June 2014
Need an all in one bit set? Then this is for you. Yes it is a bit expensive but it is but that is the only real draw back and it is a great product in every way shape and form. Undoubtedly the best screw bit set I have ever seen.
on 31 July 2013
I've owned this set now since April and it confirms my opinion that Wera make excellent tools. Very well engineered and high quality steel components, everything fits together and into the case nicely, the set combines with other Wera tools that I own as well. If you're fed up with use once and throw away Chinese tools you could do worse than buy Wera, definitely worth the price for a lifetimes use.
on 19 July 2014
Great piece of kit, as a locksmith this has and will come in handy and be very useful especially in tight spaces. Wera are a great make also have one of there ratchet screwdrivers which I use on a daily basis.
on 15 August 2012
This product looks and feels very good.
I use it everyday at work and it's not let me down yet. Wera products are made to last but you do have to pay good money for this.
on 8 February 2014
What a brill bit of kit, I have nearly every bit I need to do my job now, it's a pricy set but well worth the money, as an added bonus i can fit it in the box with my Festool drill so it's always at hand
on 8 July 2014
My friend had one of the smaller Wera sets with the mini-ratchet and I just had to get one too as it looked so useful. I'm very impressed - the quality of the ratchet, bits and Rapidator drill attachment are all absolutely top notch, exactly what you would expect from the best tool maker out there, Wera.

Be aware the ratchet is very mini, but perfect for tight jobs and assembling flat pack furniture / working on cars. I've managed to crack off a pretty tight torx bolt under my bonnet with the mini ratchet no problem at all - you can definitely get some serious torque on the ratchet if you try hard enough.

Seems expensive, but worth it.
on 20 April 2013
This product as always with wera is well made very reliable and now has become a corner stone in my tool box.
The delivery was well within the aloted time and I would decently reorder from hem

See one answered question