4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!
Hard to criticise. Organic, raw (ie unpasteurised which makes sure nutrients aren't killed off) almonds from Spain. Not sure why another reviewer thought they were bitter. They are sweet and wholesome - all you need to do is soak almonds overnight in water with a pinch of rock salt to improve flavour and digestibility. No complaints at all.
Published on 14 July 2012 by FitzHalloran

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok
The almonds are very "flat" so as for quality i say these are not the best and also some are so dry that you dont want to eat them.
The taste for the rest is fine but quality wise its lacking i would say.
Published 12 months ago by Reza Ghorbani

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, 14 July 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
The taste for the rest is fine but quality wise its lacking i would say.

2.0 out of 5 stars not good, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
These almonds tasted off, suma, you need to change your packaging or check the nuts before you package them!! will not buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almond milk bad after taste, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
Bought 2 bags of these to make almond milk then use the meal in baking. The milk had a very bitter aftertaste after soaking over 12 hours - pretty sure these aren't raw as when soaking they hardly increased in size compared with previous batches from other companies. I've settled with a supplier that sells 1kg bags for 12.99 and the milk has no nasty after taste and the almonds plump up to a decent size.

3.0 out of 5 stars I too had some very bitter ones in the bag, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
Most of these almonds in the bag were fine but I'd be happily munching away with a few in my mouth and would have to spit the lot out due to a very bitter one , my advice eat one at a time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Spoilt by the bitter almonds in the bag, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
The almonds were mostly tasty, but the bag contained quite a few horrid-tasting bitter ones. These have put me off buying more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Almonds, 9 May 2013
Ms. Laraine Ward (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
I've been using these to make almond milk, smoothies and mixing with protein shakes…. I love the taste of these in particular. I've had very few bitter ones in this batch so quite often soak more than I need to just nibble on in-between meals! Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for making homemade almond milk!, 28 Sep 2013
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
Organic almonds have more depth of flavour so if you like the flavour of almonds, you should like these as they taste more almond-ey. We bought these for snacking on; for making raw date & almond snack balls; and for making our own homemade almond milk. The milk was consistently good, lovely and sweet with that slight nutty taste - miles better than the ready-prepared versions I've tried. I make the date & almond balls regularly and the Suma almond were just as good as other brands I've used in the recipe.

I wasn't as keen on snacking on the almonds and I think I prefer the organic almonds I've had from the supermarket. The Suma ones weren't bad to be fair, just a little strong and lacking a bit of crunch. You do get the odd bitter one but this is quite normal and in my experience, you'll get this regardless of which brand you try. What I did find though is that if you soak the almonds overnight and take the skins off, they taste a lot better. I've come across lots of info online which tells you to soak almonds (easier to chew & digest + easier absorption of nutrients)

To sum up: I would order these again as I especially like them for almond milk and for use in recipes. For snacking, they are ok but better when soaked. The 1kg bag feels like a good size as the 100g bags at the supermarket don't last long at all. The only thing is, once you open the bag, make sure you seal it up again or store in glass jars to maintain freshness or else they do go soft.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price and great quality!, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
These almonds are delicious! They are very fresh and what's important, they lack the bitterness that usually occurs in roasted almonds. Surprisingly, they are also very crunchy in comparison to the almonds I'm used to (which are quite tough). Not sure if they are truly raw, but they are certified organic and from Spain, which makes it more likely that they are unpasteurized. Where I live, most almonds sold in grocery stores are imported from California, where the law states that all almonds (except from those grown by private farmers and sold in farmers' market) have to be pasteurized. Besides, these almonds are not 'clean' like the ones you can buy in a package. They have this weird coat of dust-like powder, but I don't mind since I usually wash and soak my almonds in water overnight before consuming. The price is very good condsidering that they are organic. Overall, I recommend these almonds and I will be probably buying them again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, I guess, 22 Mar 2012
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
Being used to crunchy and sweet almonds, these were a little disappointing. They were a bit soft and their taste was a little bitter, with about 1 in 30 being really bitter. However, I can see on Wikipedia that the rare very bitter ones are to be expected.

I selected the Suma almonds because of their low amount of carbohydrate (yes, low carb diet and all that), which might explain the softness and bitterness. Unfortunately the almonds I love have three times the amount of carbohydrate, so until I find another alternative, I'll stick to the Suma ones.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›