4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!
Hard to criticise. Organic, raw (ie unpasteurised which makes sure nutrients aren't killed off) almonds from Spain. Not sure why another reviewer thought they were bitter. They are sweet and wholesome - all you need to do is soak almonds overnight in water with a pinch of rock salt to improve flavour and digestibility. No complaints at all.
Published on 14 July 2012 by FitzHalloran

3.0 out of 5 stars Almond milk bad after taste
Published 15 months ago by W J C

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, 14 July 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Almond milk bad after taste, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
Bought 2 bags of these to make almond milk then use the meal in baking. The milk had a very bitter aftertaste after soaking over 12 hours - pretty sure these aren't raw as when soaking they hardly increased in size compared with previous batches from other companies. I've settled with a supplier that sells 1kg bags for £12.99 and the milk has no nasty after taste and the almonds plump up to a decent size.

2.0 out of 5 stars not good, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
These almonds tasted off, suma, you need to change your packaging or check the nuts before you package them!! will not buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
The almonds are very "flat" so as for quality i say these are not the best and also some are so dry that you dont want to eat them.
The taste for the rest is fine but quality wise its lacking i would say.

3.0 out of 5 stars I too had some very bitter ones in the bag, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
Most of these almonds in the bag were fine but I'd be happily munching away with a few in my mouth and would have to spit the lot out due to a very bitter one , my advice eat one at a time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many bitter ones, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
I bought these for snack and found that every second handful had at least one bitter one in it (sometimes more). Cancelled the Subscribe and Save as a result. Suma usually has great quality product, I am not sure what went wrong (I gave up after the third bag of almonds, so I suspect they weren't the same batch).

5.0 out of 5 stars Suma Organic Almonds 1kg, 21 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
Lovely big bag of good quality almonds. I bought these because they are organic and from Spain. Almonds from USA are generally sprayed with too many chemicals and are not grown in a bee friendly way. (You can check this out in the film 'More than Honey'). As a natural top bar bee keeper I wanted a product which hopefully does not exploit the bees.

The nuts taste nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for making homemade almond milk!, 28 Sept. 2013
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
Organic almonds have more depth of flavour so if you like the flavour of almonds, you should like these as they taste more almond-ey. We bought these for snacking on; for making raw date & almond snack balls; and for making our own homemade almond milk. The milk was consistently good, lovely and sweet with that slight nutty taste - miles better than the ready-prepared versions I've tried. I make the date & almond balls regularly and the Suma almond were just as good as other brands I've used in the recipe.

I wasn't as keen on snacking on the almonds and I think I prefer the organic almonds I've had from the supermarket. The Suma ones weren't bad to be fair, just a little strong and lacking a bit of crunch. You do get the odd bitter one but this is quite normal and in my experience, you'll get this regardless of which brand you try. What I did find though is that if you soak the almonds overnight and take the skins off, they taste a lot better. I've come across lots of info online which tells you to soak almonds (easier to chew & digest + easier absorption of nutrients)

To sum up: I would order these again as I especially like them for almond milk and for use in recipes. For snacking, they are ok but better when soaked. The 1kg bag feels like a good size as the 100g bags at the supermarket don't last long at all. The only thing is, once you open the bag, make sure you seal it up again or store in glass jars to maintain freshness or else they do go soft.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wholesome and delicious, 4 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
These are good Spanish almonds, lovely texture, subtler and more wholesome flavor than the Californian ones. Now I've had these I hope to continue buying them.

I saw in some reviews that some people found a few bitter ones.
However, munching my way through them over the last week or so I have found no bitter almonds.
In any case, it has been traditional to throw in a few bitter ones because (as those people who bake with almonds will know), this gives almond biscuits and cakes a subtle almond flavour with no need for almond essence. (Note: this is subtle and not like bitter shop-bought marzipan).

Anyway, to return to the review of my own bag of almonds, they are really good, with no hint of staleness, and very enjoyable to munch. I have not attempted to roast some yet but I think they will be perfect whatever way you eat them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price and great quality!, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg (Grocery)
These almonds are delicious! They are very fresh and what's important, they lack the bitterness that usually occurs in roasted almonds. Surprisingly, they are also very crunchy in comparison to the almonds I'm used to (which are quite tough). Not sure if they are truly raw, but they are certified organic and from Spain, which makes it more likely that they are unpasteurized. Where I live, most almonds sold in grocery stores are imported from California, where the law states that all almonds (except from those grown by private farmers and sold in farmers' market) have to be pasteurized. Besides, these almonds are not 'clean' like the ones you can buy in a package. They have this weird coat of dust-like powder, but I don't mind since I usually wash and soak my almonds in water overnight before consuming. The price is very good condsidering that they are organic. Overall, I recommend these almonds and I will be probably buying them again.

Suma Organic Almonds 1 kg