on 7 May 2013
These are brilliant sunflower seeds, a good size and very fresh, like all Suma products. They are a continuous part of my diet and during the summer months when I have loads of vegetables from the allotment, all I need to create a whole meal is a handful of lightly roasted seeds sprinkled on the top... yummy!
on 26 April 2013
if this is for birds, then I'm happy to be one.

Amazing value and quality. I've had my fair share of miniscule sunflower seeds, and some mammoth ones too. These are a fair size.

Mixed with other seeds, they make the tastiest granola bars, seed bread, cookies, and more. I spent a good hour toasting them so that next time, one has ready toasted seeds at hand for baking (or erm, a snack when you're feeling weak). They are totally moreish and underrated in baking in favour of posher pumpkin and hemp seeds.

A no-brainer bargain, you've just got to get a bag from the shops to see the difference in price, and absolute none in quality. One just has to find space to house all these seeds. Glad I took the gamble.
on 31 July 2013
Very fine sunflower seeds, that works fine in raw stuff as well as in baked things. I will by them again.
on 21 October 2013
... but I have become very suspicious of any product coming out of China. This is not a political or ideological statement. Too many things coming from there have poor and even potentially health damaging quality. And I simply do NOT know, if 'organic' means the same in China as in Europe. Hence, I am giving it only four stars.

It is my own fault that I did not read the full product description beforehand. I made the same mistake with other Suma seeds that I ordered at the same time.

Apart from that, everything else was fine. Delivery, etc. etc. ... It is simply that I do not know how to deal with the Chinese meaning of 'organic'.
88 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2013
nice big seeds & a great price! Have also ordered other Suma products & highly recommend them for quality, size of grains, nuts etc & fast delivery. Will definitely be back for more.
on 4 February 2014
One can not go wrong adding sunflower seeds to everyday diet. I use it in baking and my breakfast everyday. Most useful.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 20 April 2013
I'm now half way through this bag of theses seeds and have no complaints. The product is well packaged (a vacuum sealed bag) and so far all of the seeds
have been fine; no discolouration or misshapen seeds.

It's suggested that the seeds are kept "In a cool dry place out of direct sunlight" and "Once opened, store in an airtight container". I haven't done this (yet) and the seeds are still fine.

If anyone is concerned about possible contamination by nuts, there is a printed warning on the label that the product is "packed in an environment that also
handles nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, gluten, soya milk and sulphured fruits".

This is printed in rather small letters, but it is visible if you hold the mouse over the label in the product picture. A mention of nuts is made in the 'see all product description' tag, but again, you have to look for it and I think the supplier might be able to put more emphasis on the possibility of nut contamination.

I shall continue to purchase this product.
on 10 January 2013
From my search for similar products this one is reasonably priced and with this item I have had no problems with quality.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 23 December 2014
When buying seeds, I'm looking for a very small amount of spoiled seeds (if any), a fairly consistent size, a non-bitter taste and a texture that isn't too dry. These seeds tick all of those boxes, and have the added bonus of being apparently organic. There was around seven months from the date of delivery until the best before date, which isn't the longest for a fairly large quantity such as this. If you make sure to store the seeds in the proverbial cool, dry place out of direct sunlight, they will remain perfectly edible for far longer than that. I was eating these sunflower seeds until six months past the best before date without any problems or change in the taste.

I'm sure that anyone considering buying sunflowers seeds knows about their benefits; among other things they are high in fibre, protein, vitamin E, B vitamins and have been claimed to have cholesterol lowering properties.
on 21 November 2012
Good Quality product @ a very competitive price , probably larger quantity than we would normally buy but certainly an excelant deal .