on 19 February 2013
Ordered 5pm, delivered 10am the next morning (on 3-5 day!) so happy about that. This is the second non-brother replacement cartridge we've used. My wife bought the previous one so I can't see if it's exactly the same one. This looks VERY similar (same plastic colouring + stickers) from the one I'm taking out. That one printed 3042 pages (according to the printer!). Replacement is easy; you remove the drum+cartridge assembly by pulling on it, then unclip the existing cartridge, remove the protective plastic cover from the new and clip in the new one. I stick the plastic cover on the old cartridge, and put it in the bag the new one came in to stop toner going places. Printed 3 test pages (text). Print quality seems good. No smears / lines etc. I'll try and come back and add an extra * on if it gets anywhere near the 2600 pages stated on the packaging.

EDIT:
100 pages printed. All good so far.

EDIT:
Wife has printed out 14 copies of large legal document for clients. So we're up to 2600 pages (in 1 month) and the toner light has started to flash low. So the yield is spot on and I've upped the stars to 5, and ordered another one!

EDIT:
Ok, the next one lasted... 2796 pages before my wife said it was starting to get faint. I'm going to order another one. AND TELL MY WIFE TO STOP PRINTING SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! (17 Jun 2013)
on 27 April 2012
Original review 27 april 2012:

I installed this cartridge on a Brother DCP-7065D and it works just fine. I can't see any difference in print quality compared to the toner that came with the printer, and the price is really good too.

Update: 2 september 2013:

I had initially used the original cartridge for about 700 pages, with the browser interface toner gauge showing 50% remaining, when I switched to this cartridge. After about 600 pages using this cartridge the quality had deteriorated significantly. Prints show many lighter shaded vertical streaks in black areas and black areas don't appear black any more but noisy grey. The browser interface toner gauge showing 50% remaining.

After shaking the cartridge, cleaning the corona wire, cleaning the drum (using the cleaning program and manually) I saw no significant improvement in print quality. Looking closer at the drum there are many thin lines going around it in many places. I don't know if they are the cause of the vertical negative streaks. According to the printer maintenance info the drum unit has 82% remaining life.

Then I replaced the cartridge. The appearance of the next print surprised me. It was very good, maybe as good as new! Either the toner is going empty or the cartridge is faulty. Assuming that it's going empty, having printed similar content as with the original cartridge, typically web content, its capacity was far from the 2600 pages claimed.
on 28 June 2012
As a cheap alternative to an actual Brother cartridge, this is an excellent choice, the print quality being every bit as good. That it is half the price of the original, puts Brother a bit to shame for the amount of money they must be making from their own brand. So far I have printed about a thousand pages with no problems or drop in standards. The only quibbles I have are: the Brother software keeps sending error messages when there are no errors; and there is no obvious way to recycle the cartridge - the environmental credentials of Brother were an important factor for me. But if budget is an issue for you, this is an obvious alternative and I'm sure Cartridge World or similar could use the empty cartridge.
on 12 April 2013
I ordered the cartridge when my original cartridge was showing low on toner ... but when i replaced the cartridge it was giving multiple impressions on the page that i print... unfortunately when i wanted to return the cartridge it said i cant return... don't ever but from silver trade!!!
on 9 December 2012
An excellent product! When compared with the price of the Brother cartridges this was so cheap I was worried that it might let me down, particularly as the printer was new and I was printing out 3 copies of a 500 page doctoral thesis! As it was I needn't have worried, its been brilliant, its still going strong. I can see no difference between the print quality of the original cartridge which came with the printer and this one. I had no issues with the printer recognising it, and will most definitely be ordering another to replace this one when it finally runs out.
on 16 February 2014
I ordered two of these cartridges and the first one had something wrong with it however; I was provided with an RMA number and a courier collected it and a new one replaced it with a few days

The second of the two has worked flawlessly from day one

I am comfortable that, even though there was initially a problem, it was handled with grace and efficiency so I would highly recommend not only the toner (see as good as the original) but most definitely the supplier
on 27 May 2013
1685 pages printed, the first 1550 perfect quality, between fitting and 'toner low' warning. The last 135 pages were slightly faint, although only moderately.

The above count contains a few prints which had more coverage than just ordinary 12-point text, such as forms printed out, etc, although, I can't remember how many.

I would say the cartridge I got was at least good enough.
on 15 March 2014
Brother don't ship a proper cartridge with the printer -- not only does theirs contain less than a full load of toner, but it lacks the gears to reset it when you refill it. This compatible cartridge is so inexpensive that you might not even consider refilling, but if you do, you can use this cartridge to reset the printer to make use of a refilled one.
on 1 May 2013
I ordered 2 of these, the first one didn't last very long, about a month of small office use, certainly not the 2600 advertised yield. I replaced with the second one and that has been working fine. I think these may be a bit hit and miss so I will shop elsewhere next time and see if they are more consistant with the quality.
on 23 August 2013
Used this toner with a new drum in my multi function printer. The prints immediately were of poor quality showing heavy toner marks on the right hand side of the page. Bought an original Brother toner cartridge and all issues were gone. Sometimes buying a cheaper product does not save money.