5.0 out of 5 stars Lost memory recall.
This was a Christmas present and one which has kept me busy since. I cannot get over the fact that such a small item
could give me so much pleasure. It is simple to use and its performance belighs its size. I have already salvaged 1250 -
Published on 13 Jan. 2013 by Mr. Peter G. Longley

1.0 out of 5 stars As good as 1st generation phone camera
I was really excited when I ordered this item. I have tons and tons of old negatives that I wanted to get to digital format and the reviews seemed good enough to take the chance with this, although it had a relativelly small price.
Published 15 months ago by Gex

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost memory recall., 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: TeckNet® 5M/10M Slide, Negative and Black/White Film Scanner to SD Card, With 32MB Build-in Memory - Full Black (Electronics)
30 - 40 year old colour slides, of which over 90% have been successfully copied onto a SD card. The rest had suffered from being
stored and forgotten about. The quality of the pictures if printed are not as good as one one get today using the modern camera,
but when the card is used on the computer screen then the quality becomes almost equal, to my amazement. I can now look at my
family when young, so clearly and without having to find a projector and screen.
I have now tried to copy old colour negatives (150 so far) on to a SD card and again cannot believe the simplicity of doing that
as well. Again when seen on the computer screen the photos are as good as the prints which were produced at the time.
I timed myself when doing the colour transparencies and the films and managed over 100 images in 1 hour with short rest periods.
I look forward to going through many more old slides and films to do the same thing.
I cannot recommend this item enough to anyone else to do the same thing, but remember to keep the screen inside the unit clean
regularly using the special brush provided because old transparencies sometimes loose small particles of emulsion and leave a
white mark on the next image. Have fun to all who wish to try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little scanner, 3 Feb. 2012
Mr. David J. Gould (Scotland) - See all my reviews
With so little room on my workstation I needed a scanner with a small footprint but big performance...and this one has it in spadefuls. Very quickly we have saved slides from the 1950s into digital format to be saved onto various forms of media. Also the the negative reader works well as does the Black and white...all together I am very happy with this purchase...and it is quick to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use and great quality images, 16 July 2012
I had been looking for a simple way to transfer my Dad's 35mm slides to digital images and came across this in a magazine. Went to find it in Amazon and it was a whole £15.00 cheaper and I trusted Amazon a lot more after good experiences with them before.
The device itself is so easy to use. Load up the SD card and plug in the USB power and you are away. The viewer makes just reviewing the slides easy but to copy them is just one button. The resolution is great at either 5M or 10M and that makes editing them through a PC or laptop easy.
Make sure you clean any dust from the slides as it does make a difference to the final image but if you do get it wrong the process is so easy you can quickly redo the image.
I lent this to a friend and he did 50 slides in under an hour but take your time and enjoy the process!! My friend did report that he had difficultly with the file formats but I didn't come across this issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars As good as 1st generation phone camera, 23 Nov. 2013
Well, you know that saying "You get what you pay for"? In this case it is absolutely false. This product has a horrible quality and should be more like a cheap giveaway to someone who buys some expensive photography item.
The scans are all blurred and completely pixelated and seem even worst than pictures taken with 1st generation phone cameras. When I compare the scans with the original prints it just makes me sick!!
DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT or you will regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Film Scanner with no name, 28 Dec. 2011
The product is called "Film Scanner" - that along with "Made in China" is the only clue to its origin, on the item, packaging or even on the "originally translated" instructions. All that aside, does it do "what it says on the tin", yes it does.
I would imagine most people buy this product to use once, that is to convert their slide collection into digital images, I did, and I am doing so.
It works, and like all men, I only gave the instructions a coursery glance, so it can't be too hard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the box., 1 Feb. 2012
Alan (UK Midlands) - See all my reviews
I agree with all that has been said. The only criticism I have which I am surprised has not been mentioned is the difficulty opening the slide holder. As you can only scan four slides at a time, if you have several hundred to do, it can be very tedious struggling to open the slide holder and reload each time. If the loading/unloading of the slides could be made easier I would have given this device five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 25 Dec. 2011
I got this for Christmas.The scanner works OK but it would be easier to operate if the instruction manual was written in standard English and not pidgin English.The "Manual" in the instruction book for example is actually the "Menu" button!I kept getting the scanner to show up on my computer then disappear it drove me nuts 'till I found it was the storage mode.The scanner screen should go blank when you scan to computer although it does tell you this but at the end of the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but a bit contrasty, 2 July 2012
Mr. H. Figueres (London, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this scanner some time ago and have finally started scanning slides this weekend. I am an amateur photographer and so I take care on the quality of my slides, which is why I used to take pictures of slides in the first place.

My view is that the slide viewer is OK but not that great for quality scans. I liked the idea that it scans at 10M pixels but the quality is just not that good. The quality can change from slide to slide. Some slide scans come out great, others come out a bit constraty. I even scanned a sunset picture three times and the colours came out different every time. There is no white balance setting so the colours do change a bit. Unfortunately a bad scan at 10M is still a bad scan, so maybe I should have considered a better sanner even if it has less mega pixels.

There has been some criticism on the quality of the manual, but to be honest that didn't really matter. They're right, the manual is not that good but the device is so simple to use that you don't really need it anyway. If it wasn't for the quality of the scans all other aspects of the device are very good. Well made consumer device. It's not designed for commercial use so it's not made rock solid but it is more than solid enough for consumer users. I scanned in about 400 to 500 slides and had no problems. You might need a can of air gas though to remove any dust from the slides before scanning in.

3.0 out of 5 stars TeckNet 5M/10M Slide scanner, 18 Feb. 2012
TeckNet 5M/10M Slide, Negative and Black/White Film Scanner to SD Card, With 32MB Build-in Memory - Full Black
When it works, it is very fast, 3/4 seconds to transfer a slide to an SD card. There is however, a problem when the slide has extremes of light and dark, for instance, a firework display. As detailed in my request for information dated 22nd. January, for which I am still waiting a reply.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well - but!, 28 Jan. 2013
Item works well enough for transferring slides to SD card and onward to PC. Quality of image OK but can sometimes be over saturated particularly in the blue ranges. One problem when using an SD card in the scanner and being connected to the pc to read it, the 'Realtek' driver for the sd card reader in the pc gets corrupted and has to be reinstalled. Other reviews say slide mount is fiddly to use, if the small locating tabs on the cover are trimmed back it becomes much easier to use.