4.0 out of 5 stars Mammoth or mouse?
Published on 23 July 2012 by Paul Harding

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick short reads
This was a fair collection of short stories which are great when you don't have the time to immerse yourself in a full length novel.
Published 19 months ago by Freda

4.0 out of 5 stars Mammoth or mouse?, 23 July 2012
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of British Mysteries (Kindle Edition)
Cheeky of me, I know, as my star rating clearly on the side of mammouth. I've read most of these collections, in hardback at first, then on Kindle, which is by far the best way with these collections weighing in at at least a bag and a half of sugar. I like short stories, especially crime, preferably by established series writers writing about their lead characters. What I don't like is when so-called "literary" writers seemingly "slum it" with woolly attempts that seem to me to just add ink to paper, if you see what I mean! There are some here, but in the main you get value for money, especially if on offer. As with Mr J's other editions: reccommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for a taster, 9 Aug 2010
H. J. Rowland "Hilary J Rowland" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
Some of the stories are excellent,but one or two seemed out of place in this collection. A very good book for getting a taste of previously unread authors .

5.0 out of 5 stars The biggest mystery, 3 April 2008
This is a sparkling edition of this annual offering of Britains most talented mystery writers.As expected, the work of our masters of the genre is comfortingly high, but I must mention the work of an author previously unknown to me. Pro's and Con's by Donna Moore is a cleverly crafted piece and is a gem hidden away amongst the other jewels in the box. Much kudos to the writer in question that her work is not out of place alongside her more illustrious peers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick short reads, 12 Feb 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars A Mysterious Review, 15 Aug 2010
Mrs. Pearl Elston "Pearle" (Woodhall Spa, Lincs, UK) - See all my reviews
There were several really good stories in this book, but there were also a lot more that were mediocre at best and not very mysterious at worst. Having said that we enjoyed most of the stories and those we didn't enjoy we didn't finish!! More a womans' book than a mans'

3.0 out of 5 stars Font is incredibly small, very difficult to read, 2 Aug 2010
I've purchased many books from Amazon, but this one has an incredibly SMALL FONT, which made it extremely difficult to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Jolly Good Read, 2 July 2010
Vixx H "vixx811" (Cannock, Staffs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is an excellent book for anyone who enjoys a bit of blood and gore. The authors are all well known and the stories are very well written. A very enjoyable read.

The Mammoth Book of British Mysteries