on 25 July 2013
Works as described and I like the fact that you can customise the layout and switch between trackpad and numpad modes. The two things that let it down for me is that, although you can switch from numpad to trackpad via the trackpad, switching back to numpad requires you to use the system bar icon. Not a huge problem but a bit of a pain. The second thing is not a design flaw, I simply underestimated how much I relied on the physical feedback of a numpad's keys. Using flat 'touchpad' keys is a much slower process and you have to keep looking at the trackpad to make sure you're hitting the right keys, unlike a physical numpad where you can just work off the feel of the keyboard. It's an obvious flaw in retrospect, but its been a bigger pain than I thought it would be. At the end of the day you are paying for a few transparencies and a small app. Up to you whether it represents good value or not. I'm not convinced personally.
on 23 April 2012
The Magic Numpad is made out of good quality parts and the instruction works flawlessly. And are you running a US keyboard layout the device works as intended. The situation if you use International keyboard setup, like Danish, Swedish, German .... are on the other hand not good. You will experience mouse slag loosing CLICKS or DRAGS making the mouse use a nightmare. Currently there is no fix for this problem and I wonder if Mobee actually are capable of correct the issue. The numbers on the Magic numpad works as intended and are very responsive.
Secondly, when you use the numpad the "." key will not work at all, as many International notations use "," (comma) instead of Full Stop. This can not be reprogramed from the current driver making the numpad rather useless as you will not be able to address decimal notations.

Besides these major flaws the number function and the idea works perfectly and this is the only reason for the product getting 1 STAR after all.

I'm currently having a case open with Mobee to adress the problems, but it seems like they can't get their hands around the concept of the problem. So my recommandation is save the money for now and wait until a fix to driver 2.0 is out
on 22 January 2014
Received this morning. Easy to fit and work out. Its a bit like the Mac, at first it feels clunky to use. But I will grow into it I am sure. After many years of Windows I am an early Mac user. Seems to work well,, although its odd not having a button to push.
Delivery was exactly as detailed and the quality of the posh box etc was Apple standard and half the cost I guess :o).
All in all does exactly what it says and I look forward to it doing what it promises. Certainly does not seem to be a waste of money. One thing, the plastic overlay is a bit sticky compared to the lovely smooth feel of the bare track pad. Perhaps that will go in time.
on 29 June 2012
This is a nice idea, and a good product, if somewhat pricey for 3 overlays and a bit of software. I use my Mac Wireless Keyboard in a Henge Dock which I bought at the same time - this means my Trackpad and Keyboard are locked together, and the Numpad is always available. I also have a Mobee Mouse battery recharger, so all in all a great addition to my set up.

You can set function keys, have the calculator instantly available - pretty pleased with the two purchases.
on 21 November 2013
i wasn't sure how well this would work on my apple track pad but i opened it from the box and it was working within 5 mins very impressed very fast delivery this company is great and would highly recommend
on 28 May 2014
great for anyone who uses mac but needs to use a numpad for data input and calculator work. easy to install, apply and use. the quick function buttons are golden when working on different screens. highly recommended!!!!
on 2 April 2012
very good idea, the software which you have to download (its not in the box) is still being refined, it is getting better, would have been better if they made it a system extension, so you could customise it in the System Prefs instead of it being an app... does what its supposed to, just make sure you check for updates as the software can be buggy on earlier versions...
on 4 February 2014
The trackpad is a great piece of equipment and I liked the fact that the Magic number pad gives you options. I have been pushing hard on the numbers as you would expect with a number pad, but if you just touch lightly it responds very well. I have also opted to by the rechargeable battery from mobee just keep it charged and it is fine.
on 8 April 2014
This is such a waste of money. The software will not work properly and the keys don't work. £25 for a piece of plastic and some lame software is a rip off.

Stay away!!
on 18 November 2014
was not very impressed with this product, stopped using as i could never get it to work properly.