on 10 November 2012
This is a potentially excellent collection, however, it is terribly let down for being compressed down to an all but unlistenable frequency range. By all means, buy the songs, but not this collection, unless you'll only be listening to it on hardware with a really low quality sound card or decoder. I am really disappointed with the harsh, nearly unlistenable quality of the compression. It is a shame that with the advent of digital music, the overall quality of listening experiences have diminished. Back to the turntable?
on 8 November 2012
This is a must have item if you like your soul Music ! Had a few problems downloading it ,but got them all in the end !
on 16 November 2012
History of R&B Soul - 100 Songs
Its the Kind of Album where literally you get what's on the Label and more... Surprises are the melifluous sounds which are rich, lush and varied throughout - by that I mean all 100 tracks delight - I am not going to highlight particular songs as I would be here forever .. no kidding .. At the price well under £3 you are a winner - I almost think its being sold short!! This is an early R&B Soul collection so savour delights that are equally new and tried and tested ... I am sure there are lots of fans that will agree - Even I am looking forward to their comments - so go out and try this .. no stay in and buy this- Brilliant !!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2012
Good selection of soul music for a bargain price. For those that aren't familiar with the quality of early soul this will be a great introduction.
on 10 March 2013
Yes as it says on the cover,the artists on this compilation are the pioneers of
R&B and Soul.They created the basics of the sounds we are hearing and enjoying today.
Listen to this CD and you will appreciate,this is where it all began.
If you are into this genre of music then it's amust to own this part of history.
on 23 November 2012
excellant value and loads of top tunes.good selection of classic soul and at a brilliant price.
so many stlyes could keep listening all day and not get bored
on 18 December 2012
Down load quick. Very dissapointed with the content. I did not preview the album. Question who would by such short tracks and datedcontent.
on 12 November 2012
It's time Amazon STOPPED CHEATING US ALL and paid Taxes like the rest of us have to! I will stop using them till they do!