4.0 out of 5 stars Something to read with a lovely glass of red!
I had just finished reading a very heavy and emotional book and need some fun and romance to read. I have read books by Melody Anne before and when I saw this was free - it was a no brainer.

Published 8 months ago by Coco

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better
I love a good romance and downloaded this to my kindle as a 'cheap'read. it was awful. Its poorly written, has grammatical errors throughout and would not read book two if you paid me, its time I could have spent reading something worthwhile.
Published 24 months ago by Knit one read one

4.0 out of 5 stars Something to read with a lovely glass of red!, 10 Nov 2013
Coco (Chichester, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tycoon's Revenge (Baby for the Billionaire - Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The characters are good and the story is fun and engaging. I loved the interaction between the two main characters. The love scenes were a bit tame but still enjoyable.

I would certainly recommended this book and would suggest a good glass of red to accompany it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Oct 2013
This book was a great book to read,very good storyline,can't wait to finish reading the tycoons vacation after reading a bit of the taster.

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, 1 Aug 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Amateurish, 31 Jan 2012
Carol 'avid little bookworm' (LEEDS, Yorkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Sorry, I so hate writing bad reviews and feel extremely ungracious as this was a free download for me. However, I am so glad I didn't pay money for it, and with all the good books out there I did end the book feeling I'd wasted precious time I could have spent reading something worthwhile. I deleted it off my Kindle

Romantic novels figure high in the genre I like and I love nothing more than curling up with a good book but this wasn't one. The literary and grammatical content were poor to my mind. I'd definitely recommend downloading a sample, but would warn that the beginning of the book is better than the end, by which time I'd lost all interest. On a positive though, the plot itself would have worked for me had the literary content been better.

Sorry Melody Anne if you read this as, as I've already said I hate giving bad reviews but I hope you find the criticism constructive.

3.0 out of 5 stars 2.5*. I think maybe I got one of the unedited downloads? Still, an ok enough, if slightly stilted read, 18 Dec 2011
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a Mills & Boon type tale, so doesn't tax your brain too much, and was an OK enough read for a Sunday afternoon. I normally love tales of lovers reunited, especially when their parting was not voluntary, but in this one, I couldn't warm to the leads. Sorry

Yes, Derek Titan is a self-made man, but he's a bit stuck in the past in some of his attitudes, which wasn't helped by the lack of editing and the lack of punctuation. He's also a bit arrogant, and full of himself, buoyed by his adoring and loyal father, and yes, I know this is fiction, but I don't think that some of his actions would have cut the muster with good old HR in these days. And he lacked control, enough to risk a sexual harassment suit from Jasmine.

She, Jasmine, his ex-love, was HR manager at her father's company that had just been taken over by Derek, so she should have known that following a take-over, her job was not guaranteed and that she wasn't in a position to be making threats...her manner was also not befitting a senior staff member, passionate about the company or not.

The sex scenes were pretty hot and descriptive, but almost clinical, not sexy and seemed there because readers expect them, not really because the characters were madly attracted to each other.

Neither of them was very mature or likeable, but of course, especially with the little bonus Derek unknowingly left Jasmine with years ago, they got their HEA - but I didn't enjoy the tale.

3.0 out of 5 stars Seen it all before, 19 Aug 2013
This book was very predictable. I didn't take to the characters and the dialogue was pretty awful. It was quite repetetive giving the book a tiresome, padded feel. I think Mills & Boon has lost the plot when it comes to the current crop of modern day writers. What happened to the lovely, old-fashioned, romantic stories with good plot lines and engrossing peripheral action that used to be a Mills & Boon trademark?

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 15 July 2014
Good book

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, 12 July 2014
I would recommend this book to all, a real easy read I loved it. I am know looking for the next one to buy, I really like how melody Ann writes.

3.0 out of 5 stars predictible, 10 July 2014
Predictable revenge.... Not enough twists to the plot. Shame as characters could have been good with a little more passion in their characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars a happy ever after read, 2 July 2014
Miss K. C. Fry "Katy" (UK) - See all my reviews
It's tricky to review a book like this as it's a simple feel good love story. I can't compare it to other books I read where there's detailed plot and character development as I read those books expecting different things. When I started reading this book, and others by this author, I was expecting a bit of heartache, characters refusing to admit they're in love, other people causing problems and misunderstandings, and eventually, a happy ending. All these elements are in this book and provided a pleasant few hours reading leaving me smiling at the end.