5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine HTC Car kit - Excellent Quality Product
Packaging & Contents:
Great packaging and just the right size for the product itself. In the box you get the Car Holder with suction mount, a separate disc with sticky pad so you can stick this to your dash/interior and can then use the suction mount against this if window mount is not feasible. A Car charger (for cigarette lighter) and USB cable which is...
Published 17 months ago by mechanimal82

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but do not hold the phone firmly
Very nice if you want to use the phone in vertical mode, but if you usually use it in horizontal mode, the phone is not firmly holded. However, you may connect a USB cable through the craddle to improve stability of the phone.
Published 16 months ago by Silvia

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product - easy to fit and use, 18 May 2013
This review is from: HTC CAR D160 Flagship Device Car Kit (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I specifically wanted a car kit with an integrated charger, so that I didn't have to fiddle about plugging cables in and out of my phone in when I used it in the car, so this product is just right for that.

The phone automatically switches to car mode when in the cradle, with big buttons for various functions.

The phone simply slides in and out of the cradle, which is an improvement on the car kit for the HTC Desire HD, which had a sort top clip that gripped the phone in place - this eventually snapped off - so I am pleased that this has been changed for the HTC One car kit.

One thing to be very aware of is that if like me, you prefer your phone in portrait mode when it is in the car, then you may have issues like I did with mounting the cradle on the windscreen of your car. Because of the angle of the slope of my windscreen, it is not possible to slide the phone into the cradle from above, because the gap between the top of the crade and the windscreen is not big enough for the phone to fit through. I had to mount my phone lower down on the front of the dashboard to get around this - it was not easy finding a suitable flat place to attach the cradle on my car - Vauxhall Insignia.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs a little tweaking, 17 May 2013
Martin Whelan "Waterford" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
The item appears in landscape view in many of the photos. The manual that comes with the device shows it only in portrait. There is one simple reason for this. If you want to use the phone for navigation in landscape (turned on its side), it simply won't hold it. My solution was to place a small piece of velcro at the semi-circular area on the holder. It was enough upward pressure on the phone to tighten it up. It really could do with some way of locking in the phone a bit better.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC one V in car smartphone cradle, 12 May 2013
absolutely excellent product and delivery, best price found on the net, I've recently changed my mobile to an HTC one V and wanted to use it as an all purpose in car entertainment and sat nav, this unit is ideal for the job it beats my previous in car set up by a mile.

3.0 out of 5 stars Is this a genuine htc product???, 10 May 2013
The htc product is the same price, so is this a genuine htc one product as I would rather spend 10 more and get the genuine thing

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying noise on inserting phone, otherwise good and sturdy., 10 May 2013
The car kit is great - the sucker stays on the windscreen really well, and the whole thing is solid and sturdy. I like that it puts the phone into car mode and connects to hands free, but there is something that is driving me absolutely mad.

When you put your phone into the cradle or take it out, there is a notification sound which sounds like a phone ringing. I can't find a way of turning this off, it's pretty loud and to be honest, is stopping me from using the car kit. It's a silly little thing I know, but why on earth don't they let us turn it off?? I know the phone is in the cradle because I just put it there! I don't need a jarring noise to confirm. A quiet gentle beep perhaps, but not the same noise as a call coming in - absolutely stupid...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 April 2013
E. Shaw (Cheshire UK.) - See all my reviews
I`ve had phone cradles before for different phones but none have been the same quality as this one. Very Pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC v1 car kit, 6 Nov 2012
Excellent product solid easy to fit unobtrusive exactly what I ordered.Fitted to a new Mondeo dashbord next to the radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for the HTC One (2013), 25 Aug 2014
P. Bradshaw "paulbrad" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
great device - complemnets my HTC One (2013) really well. I do have a built-in sat nave system in my car but google maps/navigation through my phone and this device is just so much more accurate. As a bonus it charges my phone when I'm travelling. Robust and stylish.

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying rattles, 21 Aug 2014
P. Coghlan (UK) - See all my reviews
The phone (M7) fits the holder and it performs as expected. However it requires something soft on the inside of the holder to prevent the phone rattling during car journeys. I expected better hence the three stars only.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for sunny weather, 17 July 2014
J R. Marshall - See all my reviews
It does the job well, but it heats up itself and the phone if left in the windscreen for too long on a sunny day....to the point where the phone shuts down.

On a cloudy day....no complaints.

HTC CAR D160 Flagship Device Car Kit