5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Nursery Rhymes
I had this collection of Nursery Rhymes for my own childen over 25 years ago on video and was delighted to find it on DVD for my Grandson. It teaches the old classic rhymes in a lovely way and children can relate to the children on the DVD. You cannot find anything to match it in todays releases of rhymes. Excellent value and educational value. Throughly recommend it.
Published on 9 Nov 2011 by Mrs Clark

3.0 out of 5 stars Memory jogger
I bought this for my grandchildren aged 11 months and 2 years, mainly because I had this on VHS at one time for my own children when they were the same age. My children were more interested than the grandchildren as it brought back happy memories of their childhood, but despite being digitally remastered the quality of the DVD was quite poor by today's standards. Don't...
Published 8 months ago by Mrs. Paula J. Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Nursery Rhymes, 9 Nov 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars ridiculous at first, beautiful at last, 7 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD (DVD)
was so confused to choose which nurs. rhyme dvd to buy for my 18 months son n finally chosed this because of all the 5 star reviews i read here.
1st impression...the dvd is super annoying....the video is poor and far from interesting, the children choir sometimes irritating...and my boy didnt interested at all to watch this. after a week or two i decided to give it another shot and my boy agreed to watch this for 10-15 minutes then he left.

so, in a point of view of an 18 months, this dvd is not interesting, in my point of view this dvd is annoying and i regret to buy it...but in my husband's opinion this dvd is okay because it isn't aggressive (ofcourse it isnt,,,it's ridiculously dull!), and it contains lots of songs...it has almost every nursery rhymes i know...so it is super complete...though many songs are sung only for 10 seconds but it's
fine..

Update:
my boy is now 2yr old n that means we've owned this dvd for 6 months, and i have to say that this dvd is a saint!! When i first bought this, i thought it was extremely awful, annoying, and boring...just like i wrote before. But after few months listening n watching this dvd, i changed my mind completely...i found the songs are nice, the choir is beautiful, the kids are gorgeous, the marionettes are cute and the pop up book is a quite good idea.

it turned up being the only dvd my son watches from the begining till the end. He watches Barney for about 15 min, Sesame Street for 10 min, and Dora the Explorer and Thomas for less than 5 min...

I recommend this for those who seek classic traditional nurs rhyme.

PS: Im a young mom (20-sth) and unlike some other people here, I have no nostalgia or whatsoever bout this dvd. i just like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brings back my childhood memory, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD (DVD)
the only fault is that it is not in HD - but I dont think i can expect them to digitalised it too much - afterall it was made in ``982- hope they bring out the second one in dvd too -hopefully my niece will engaged to it as much as my sisters did when they were growing up- particularly like the subtitle feature as we didnt know what they were singing when we were younger especially when English was our third language growing up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant nursery rhymes dvd. Charming and you can hear every word., 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD (DVD)
60 nursery rhymes are covered, beautifully arranged with a range of singers, actors and children's voices. My youngsters are enthralled by this dvd. They quickly learn the words of the ones they like. They ask for the dvd every day and love to sing the ones they know.

It was produced maybe 30 years ago. It has charm in this digital age. It engages very young people and enriches them with these traditional songs of our culture.
I enjoy it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy!!, 8 April 2014
This review is from: The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD (DVD)
Bought this for my 1 & 3 year old grandchildren together with the CD for the car. What a perfect purchase. The children have watched this DVD so many times it should be worn out! It is a wonderful DVD for young children and they learn the nursery rhymes and sing along with the CD in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars thank you, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD (DVD)
I bought this for my kids when they were growing up and we had hours of fun listening to it, so now I have bought it for my granddaughter to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent !!!, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD (DVD)
I was a bit reluctant to buy this DVD for my nearly three year old twins as a lot of other reviews stated that it was a bit dated. I bought it anyway and my girls absolutely love it! They keep asking to watch it, so if you want peace and quiet for 30 minutes or so you will certainly get it. TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Favorite's, 13 Feb 2014
Mr. George Ridley (FERRYHILL, CO. DURHAM United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD (DVD)
I had the VHS one for my granddaughter 22 years ago who loved it then and who loves it now for my great granddaughter. No stupid political correctnes on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyecatching and charming, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD (DVD)
Even though it looks a bit oldfashioned it is a wonderful collection! Most songs are fun to listen toand catchy (but why start the dvd with Humpty?) . My 2 year old loves to watch this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nursery rhyme classic, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD (DVD)
Childhood memories of watching this and now doing the same with my own children, the perfect nursery rhyme DVD for everyone

ARRAY(0xb1d0e240)

The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD
The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD by Martin Carthy, Isla St. Clair, Shirley Collins, Floella Benjamin, Valentine Dyall, John Du Prez & the Children of Britannia Row (DVD)
6.99