5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing end to an amazing series!
Last Christmas, I was given the second book in the series (Witch & Wizard: The Gift) without knowing anything about the series, and I loved it. So I bought the first book in the series (Witch & Wizard) and I thought that was great as well. So I thought I'd buy the third, and final, book.

I'll start [the second paragraph] by saying this is just as good as the...
Published on 24 Dec 2011 by Alex Simkin

3.0 out of 5 stars A good fast read
A book to get children reading, it moves fast and should catch their interest all the way through the series.
Published 9 months ago by Pam Stubbs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing end to an amazing series!, 24 Dec 2011
Alex Simkin (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Witch & Wizard: The Fire (Kindle Edition)

I'll start [the second paragraph] by saying this is just as good as the other two books - and that's high praise. One noticeable thing that makes this book different to many others is the short chapter length - they're usually a couple of pages long, and this means the books usually end with over 100 chapters. This can be seen as annoying or useful - I personally think it's great for remembering where you stopped reading (if you ever manage to put the book down!).

As with the previous books, some chapters are written by Wisty, some by Whit (they're the main characters and are brother and sister). It can be annoying when many chapters (a.k.a. several pages) are written by one character, but otherwise it's ok.

The plot itself is very, very good. The evil guy - The One - is portrayed evilly and very well. I'd never like to meet him! The detail is also fantastic - when little kids have their skin peeled off it makes you cringe.

Basically, this book is a must read for anyone aged about 10-17. That's just a recommendation, though - people of all ages are likely to enjoy it at least a bit. If you've read the other books, make sure you read this one. If you haven't, then try and start with the other two, but if you don't, this will still introduce you to the series very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 April 2013
Bought as a birthday present - James Patterson books are always good so imagine recipient was extremely happy with this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 27 Jan 2013
My 12 year old son says he liked everything about Witch and Wizard - it's a brilliant book. Great plots and interesting characters. He'd recommend it to all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting final showdown, 22 Aug 2012
I've had my ups and downs with this series. I thought it got off to a good start and then dipped a little with the second book. I wasn't sure what to expect from 'The Fire' but overall it was an enjoyable read and I'm glad I stuck with it and got to finish Whit and Wisty's journey with them. The ending was well written and thought out and featured the long awaited and looked forward to showdown between our hero and heroine and the dreaded The One.

Whit and Wisty's ultimate goal has always been to fulfil the prophecy and defeat The One but along the way they have learnt so many valuable life lessons and have really matured as characters. They've experienced a lot and they are no longer the naive and innocent teenagers that were first seen in 'Witch and Wizard'. They have a new determination and strength in this concluding instalment and they never shy away from making hard choices and defending the people they love.

The format of the book remains the same with short chapters, alternating between the viewpoints of Whit and his sister. I still find the fact that the chapters are so brief to be a little frustrating but I've gotten used to it by now. The fact that the end was near meant the tension was ramped up which was welcome and led to a pacy story which had me turning the pages quickly.

A resolution is finally reached between Whit and Celia, which I was intrigued to see as well as between the siblings and their parents. I won't say anymore because I don't want to reveal what these resolutions actually consist of, apart from to say that they perfectly fitted the overal plot of the story.

Co-authored between James Patterson and Jill Dembowski, this was an exciting and adventurous book which featured lots of twists and turns and had a satisfactory ending at long last.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good read., 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Witch & Wizard: The Fire (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant book just not as gripping as the first book the witch and wizard. But well worth reading good story line.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good listening, 24 Feb 2014
I bought this audio cd for my husband ,he has very poor vision and cannot see to read ,he said he enjoyed this cd very much .

5.0 out of 5 stars James Patterson never fails! X, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Witch & Wizard: The Fire (Kindle Edition)
A brilliant book! James Patterson never fails! I bought this for my daughter, but thought I would read it myself first. It's really good! Can't wait for more and the same goes for my daughter. She loved it too!

4.0 out of 5 stars james patterson, 7 Dec 2013
this was bought has a Christmas present so hasn't been given yet but I am quite sure being one of Patterson's books it will be good

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Witch & Wizard: The Fire (Kindle Edition)
This book is the 3rd in the series and it is even more addictive than the other's. I am going to download the next one straight away

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Story., 14 Aug 2013
Mrs. M. L. Scurfield (UK) - See all my reviews
This is the first book of an exciting , mystical, magical series. I bought this for my son, but ended up reading it, and i enjoyed it so much that i ended up ordering the rest of the set. Absolutely thrilling!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›