Format: Audio CD|Change

This 2-CD Compilation is part of another interesting series of yester-years gems from the late 50's into
the early 60's jam-packed with the Hit-Music we used to love and still remember from those times.
Checking through the play-list i reckon i bought around 70% of what's on-board on vinyl back when....
I'll highlight just a few from each of the two 25-track discs to give a flavour of what can be found on-board,
the complete play-list can be found on the albums 'Amazon-Page'........on disc one........'Roy Orbison' --
'Only The Lonely'........'Connie Francis' --'Robot Man'........'Chuck Berry' --'Sweet Little Sixteen'........
'Jimmy Jones' --'Good Timin'........'Lonnie Donegan' --'Putting On The Style' (Remember as a child going
out Carol Singing, my friend and i knocked at this one door, we'd already started singing when a guy
opened the door, he said to us that he was fed-up with Carol's and said if we'd give him a rendering of
this 'Lonnie Donegan' number he'd give us Two-Bob, so we did, and yes he was as good as his word)...
...'Bob Luman' --'Let's Think About Living'........and........'Cliff Richard' --'Please Don't Tease'........just a
few of the truly great memories to be found on disc one........on disc two........'Elvis Presley' --'It's Now or
Never'........,'Johnny Burnette' --'You're Sixteen'........'Bobby Darin' --'Dream Lover'.......'Little Richard' --
'Baby Face'........'Sam Cooke' --'Chain Gang........and........'Guy Mitchell' --'Heartaches By the Number'...
...again, just some of the memorable tracks that can be found on disc two..........
I have quite simply just plucked a few of the memories from each of the two discs to indicate the overall
quality of what can be found on board the two-disc Compilation, at it's current 'Amazon' price of just £4.99
it's surely worth checking out.
on 8 December 2011
A budget priced double Cd that is stacked with early 60's hits.
Sound quality is excellent, well done to One Day Music.
Although the tracks are probably repeated on many other compilations, this one is highly recommended.
on 26 January 2013
I bought this CD for my mother. She loves rock n'roll from the 1950s and 1960s, which is what this album contains. I knew most of the songs, so I enjoyed this album very much, but I didn't like the last track, Moondreams by Buddy Holly, which was one of the few songs that I did not know. There are not many bad tracks or fillers on this album and the sound quality was very good on most of the songs, considering the age of the tracks. I thought it was similar in style to the Dreamboats And Petticoats albums, but I preferred this album, because all of the songs on this album were the original versions and no re-recordings. I hate re-recordings, because they are always inferior to the original versions. My mother loved this CD and I did too, so I give it five stars, without any hesitations. Excellent stuff! More of the same now, please!
on 11 March 2013
I loved this collection, my kind of music. Love the romance.dresses and everything about the sixties.Great value for money. I also loved the Dream boats and petticoats collection I bought at the same time.
on 11 March 2013
Thought his would b nice to go with Dreamboats & Petticoats. At such a fantastic price it was worth taking a risk, it turned out to be a fabulous album!
on 13 February 2013
i play this a lot as i love the sixties music and would recomend this album to anybody who loves this kind of music
on 31 March 2013
Found myself singing along to alot of these songs this cd was fab for the price i paid for it
on 22 June 2012
Another nostalgic CD set of fabulous music from a great era of music. This music is played to day even after 50 years, that speaks for itself.Great.
on 6 December 2012
exellent, really enjoyed it good mix of songs some do clash with dreamboats and oetticoats.i play it all the time
on 3 March 2013
Good easy listening when I am in a relaxed mood and don't want to watch tv it gets you tapping your fingers and singing along