on 14 November 2011
***Jan 2015 update: Still got it, it's still going strong and I still love it***

I've been using the EX-03 with my PS3 for over a month now (***over three years now!***). It's a great headset.

Setup is child's play, using it is even easier. The instructions are really straightforward.

Almost every function has a unique accompanying beep, from on/off to mute, volume and even low power. They are unobtrusive for the most part but the mute beep goes off every 5 seconds or so and it cancels any other ear output, so if a team mate is talking you may miss a word or two if your mic is muted. The low power beep kicks in when there's just a few minutes of charge left.

The design is sleek and comfortable but it is right-ear only, unlike previous EX headsets.

It's one of those headsets that you almost forget you're wearing. You get a good few hours play from a single charge and the mic is nice and clear. You will need to set the microphone volume to 4 or 5 in the PS3's 'audio device settings' menu to make sure you are heard, it's a bit quiet on the default level of 3 (most likely due to the 'noise cancelling' which should dull sounds that are further away from the mic)

Good value for the price, so it's a big 5 stars from me.
on 28 November 2011
Bought this for my daughter's PS3 so she could play games with her friends. Wasn't sure what it would be like as it wasn't expensive and I usually believe that "you get what you pay for" however this is fantastic. She can hear all of her friends clearly and they can hear her just as clearly.
on 11 January 2013
Had this for 3 months now, absolutely awesome. It works fine, crisp brilliant sound quality, according to my friends, and it is the best quality. I love it!
on 15 January 2012
I will make this quick, simple and give you all the basic things you need to know. The headset is easy enough to set up, it fits well and never feels like you're a McDonalds cashier, it has a vloume button on the side where you can control how loud you hear the person at the other ends voice(s), the sound quality depends a little on the volume and can be a little crackily at times, but overall you can hear everything quite clearly, and it does look pretty cool.
on 9 November 2011
I play a lot of BF3 and Fifa with friends on the PS3, but only recently started playing it quite seriously online.

I know a few people with quite heavy duty headsets with great audio etc (Turtle), but I wasn't willing to pay the £65+ for those. I ordered this to 'try' as it was only £10 and for that price I wasn't too concerned at the quality; but I was shocked by what I received.

- The sound quality is fine. It isnt really good but its not bad at all. Remember the only thing coming through this is voice comms so your TV will still be the main audio output for the game.

- My broadcast voice i'm told by others is crystal clear, which is what really matters.

- Adjustable boom is very nice and stays where you put it.

- Setup is very easy, and comes with a step-by-step guide.

- Battery life is around 5 hours from experience when used non-stop, but the charge is only around an hour.

My only very slight draw back is the ear piece is not adjustable, so every now and then you have to rotate the headset to make sure its fitting snuggly; its a very minor issue though.

For just over a tenner, you can't go wrong here.
44 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 May 2012
The PS3-EX03 pairs up perfectly with Windows 7 so can be used as a bluetooth headset for voice conferencing and gaming etc.

This was not published anywhere and the packaging says PS3 all over it. I don't own a PS3 but took a gamble on it and it paid off. It's light, comfy, clear sound at both ends and it looks cool.
on 4 January 2013
Great sound from this head set, easy to charge and very easy to connect with your PS3. Ideal for CoD which is what I bought it for and exactly what I needed so thank you...
Arrived really quickly as well, great for the money.
on 25 November 2011
Very easy to set up and its Great value for money. Would definitely recommend to anyone into hardcore online gaming.
on 8 October 2011
I wanted a headset for my ps3 after reading all the reviews on them i went with gioteck. the one i liked had no review .Reading the other one's in the range i took a chance and purchased the EX03. when it came i opened it up it look really good with the camoflage colours on the side (sad i know). straight away i wanted to try it had to charge it up first which took 3hrs. (like every thing new first charge is always the longest)From the time i turned the ps3 on and finished setting up the headset it took 5 to 6 minutes "i'am not great with things like that" so that was one great thing about this.The sound and speech is clear and its so easy to turn up and down while playing with two small buttons on the side.over the moom with this any one looking to get a headset for the ps3 should really give this a look
on 26 December 2011
Bought this when the price was down to a tenner and am not disappointed. Sound us ok and people can hear me fine. Connects to the PS3 very easily, charges fine and last for a decent amount of time. The ear hook is great as normally a bluetooth headset falls out if it does not have one. Is fairly light in weight and the boom mic arm I think helps with the voice clarity. My only complaint is the connection for charging is a little cheap. Had to waggle and rotate charging cable to get a decent connection for charging to take place. Only a minor gripe and does not stop me from enjoying the item once it is charged.