on 20 January 2012
Not sure why it says "Cable-Tex". The picture shows a "New-Link" brand cable. That's what you get. No mention of "Cable-Tex" anywhere. That aside, it works just like a regular USB cable, only it's 20M long. Amazing. There's a little plastic bobble at the 10M point which must amplify the signal to push it the other other 10M.

The outer part of the cable is clear (grey tinted) plastic and you can see the screening layer inside. It comes all coiled up of course,(in a stong cardboard baox), but once unpacked, the coils drop out very quickly. It doesn't want to keep curling up on itself like some cables do.

Nothing more I can say really, except that 20 Meters is very long. With hindsight, about 10 meters would have been plenty for the purpose i had in mind, but a VERY long USB cable is bound to come in useful many times during its life.

I recommend this cable.
on 2 April 2012
I am heavily into Astronomy, and since buying my new Scope, I've now moved onto Astrophotography? Nights can be extremely cold and I decided... why spend cold nights out, when I can easily do all this from the warmth and comfort of my warm home? My scope has the full Goto/GPS fitted. I wanted a cable that I could connect to my Microsoft HD Home cinema Webcam that I have adapted to use with my scope... (my hand held control also has a 20m extension cable) and can now connect them to my PC indoors and work the scope from there!

I looked to see if there was a USB cable on the market that was;

1) Long enough.
2) Capable of sending a signal that distance to my PC from the rear garden without signal problems?

PC Arena had the answer! I ordered the 20m cable and it was delivered super fast! I've tested it out already and it really does the job extremely well. I'm very pleased with the cable. It came well packaged, and looks/Feels a really good quality item.

Thank you PC Arena! I fully recommend this cable, and if you do buy on Amazon, make sure you order from an excellent service that PC Arena provide.
on 5 December 2012
This was needed to connect an HD webcam to a PC some distance away. The cable arrived quickly but had a fault such that the camera could not be plugged in. The supplier was extremely helpful and replaced the item by return. The cable was tested with the webcam and worked perfectly. Full marks both to the product and the supplier.
on 30 August 2013
We have two computers separated by a thick wall (approx 12 meters apart - we have a granny flat) and we wanted to connect one computer to the others wireless router.
To do this, one computer is connected by a wireless USB adapter. This has a 1M cable, and when we try to connect it is often a very poor signal and usually cannot connect to the internet.

We bought the 20 Meter extension so we could move the wireless USB nearer to the other computer which has the internet router, to try and get a better signal strength. I was sceptical whether it would work as a 20 metres cable is a long distance.

The 20 metre cable worked perfectly and even when the USB adapter was positioned where it was located in it old location (due to the restriction of the old 1 meter cable which the gap was 12 meters apart between the computers) and it seemed to have a stronger wireless internet signal than it did before switching cables.

Overall I am very pleased with the product, now we can connect to the internet via the wireless router without any problems.
on 28 April 2013
While looking for a lead to stick a Software Defined Radio (FUNCube Dongle Pro+) on the end of long pole I saw this and for the price thought it was worth try. Due to the normal limitations of USB I was expecting the voltage drop would mean the connection was at best marginal and would require extra power at the far end, I was wrong. So far the lead has been rock solid plug and go with all but the most power hungry devices. There is a sealed repeater half way long the lead so its "10m before 10m after" in signal terms but still I am impressed how invisible and reliable this lead is. Build quality is fine with gold (?) plating on the connectors. The only minor thing that detracts visually is the sticker which is thick and curls up at the corners.
on 3 August 2012
Arrived quickly,works well and very good value.20 metre USB extensions are not easy to find without numerous repeater 'lumps' along its length, but this is ideal. I would recommend this product without hesitation.
on 31 July 2013
I purchased this cable so that I could link a Webcam that I have in my Garden to a PC in my office that would be used to Live-stream the Webcam online, The product works perfectly and the build quality is perfect for my use.

Top tip! If you plan to use this outside then make sure you use strong tape to cover the Signal Booster and PVC pipe so that the cable is not damaged when you cover the cable in soil, that way when pressure is applied it doesn't stress the cable.
review image review image review image
on 18 June 2014
the product came in good time and good order. i used it for a internet cam wich was set up a long distance from the lap top. its being used as a security cam it works great! i have use it on other things to just to test it out and it works great no los of power at all.
on 7 May 2013
Good quality. Works fine - been using it to extend webcam. Hadn't even installed the webcam prior to using the extension, webcam was set up as if plugged directly into PC.

Good buy.
on 15 October 2013
I bought this extension to connect technical instrumentation with my laptop. Arrived in time (I used next day delivery option) and it works good.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse