5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Scooter
A really nice big chunky scooter which is good for off road as well as on. Ideal for my son with learning difficulties and nice and big and he handles it well.
Published 12 months ago by Mrs E J Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars Had two, both faulty
Published 11 months ago by M Norman

1.0 out of 5 stars Had two, both faulty, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Funbee 12-inch Cross Scooter with Inflatable Wheel (Toy)
My 12-year-old son asked for this for Christmas and, having read some of the online reviews about the product, we weren't convinced it was a good buy. But he was insistent this was the scooter he wanted and so, slightly at odds with our better judgement, we added it to his list and his uncle bought it for him. When I came to assemble it - and I have to say, the assembly is entirely straightforward - the fitting to secure the handlebars to the base was missing. So it went back.

The refund was issued in Amazon vouchers and, by rights, now belonged to my son. So I asked him what he wanted to buy with it. His answer? Another Funbee scooter. I tried to talk him out of it, but he wasn't having it.

Another scooter arrived and last weekend I started to assemble it. The forks were twisted. So it has gone back. Again.

This seems to be the theme with this product. The pattern of reviews appears to suggest that where everything is in the box and it all goes together, the product is quite good. The issue, though, is that all too often assembly is impossible due to faulty or missing parts.

It's not as though this is a cheap product, either. At close to £60 it's relatively expensive for a scooter and so you should be forgiven for believing the quality that goes with the price tag might extend to making sure everything is in the box as much as it should to the build.

In the end, buying this is a gamble. If all is well, it looks like you'd end up with a decent scooter. But, if my experience is anything to go by, you're just as likely to end up printing return labels and waiting for a courier to pick it up again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Disappointment, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Funbee 12-inch Cross Scooter with Inflatable Wheel (Toy)
This was to be a Christmas present for our granddaughter. On opening the box, we found the scooter needed to be assembled and were surprised to find that no instructions on how to do this were included. My husband, having some know how, managed to fit the wheels and brakes, but this took him some time and he didn't find it easy . On testing the scooter, he found that one of the wheels didn't move freely as it was buckled and one of the brakes did not release very well. We were very impressed by the look of this product, but disappointed with it's quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Scooter, 10 Jan. 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 15 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Funbee 12-inch Cross Scooter with Inflatable Wheel (Toy)
My partner put this together yesterday ready for Christmas day and like the other reviews the brakes do not work,we tried all sorts of ways to see if we could adjust this but without any luck.
So on Christmas day now my son will have a scooter with brakes that do not work.
As again the other reviews have said its not exactly cheap, so not a case really of you get what you pay for, if it wasn't so near to Christmas I would return and not accept it. Sadly with no choice I am having to keep the scooter and my partner is going to purchase brakes elsewhere and assemble them himself. Not what you should have to do. So my honest opinion is DO NOT BUY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Funbee 12-inch Cross Scooter with Inflatable Wheel (Toy)
Very quick delivery great item.

3.0 out of 5 stars this item was not very easy to put together, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Funbee 12-inch Cross Scooter with Inflatable Wheel (Toy)
this item was not very easy to put together, also i had a problem getting the brakes to work properly, not very good quality

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty, 18 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Funbee 12-inch Cross Scooter with Inflatable Wheel (Toy)
It turned up with box badly damaged and not enough protection inside the box, also the scooter had several spots of rust

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, my son loves it, 2 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Funbee 12-inch Cross Scooter with Inflatable Wheel (Toy)
Amazing, my son loves it, perfect for rough n tumble boys, really hard wearing delivered on time and in good condition

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Funbee 12-inch Cross Scooter with Inflatable Wheel (Toy)
Good quality good for dirt road