5.0 out of 5 stars A Unique Soundtrack, 17 April 2012
This review is from: The Artist (Audio CD)
Having seen the film, the Artist, at a special screening, at the begining of the year, I was impressed by the soundtrack music, which not only fitted the visual image but really seemed to capture the atmosphere of the silent and early sound period. The music on this disc cannot fail to please, it ranges from the dramatic to the lighter material which will set your feet tapping. The music is all beautifully written by Ludovic Bource. You will love it!

Adventurer2

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly enjoyable for all, 21 April 2012
This review is from: The Artist (MP3 Download)
One of the best movie scores I have heard in a long time and one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. One small item to note, the Vertigo music from the film is not on this score, the composer having written a completely original score for the movie but that one section not being ready on time the film was brought to screen with the Vertigo music on it, when The Artist is released on DVD it will have the track from the album score on instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 20 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Artist (Audio CD)
A simple must-buy for those who watched The Artist at the cinema, and for those who like the silent movie genre - some wonderful music written by a man who has certainly earned the BAFTA and the Academy-Award-Nomination (as of 20th Feb 2012). It's just so emotive and great to play whatever the mood or time of day. I would thoroughly recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, great music!, 1 May 2013
This review is from: The Artist (Audio CD)
Such sublime and uplifting music...perfect for in-car entertainment! I really do love this period!

If you have seen the film, the music is a must!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 29 April 2013
This review is from: The Artist (Audio CD)
Wonderful, evocative tunes that transport you back to the glamour and romance of the film. Pin-sharp sound quality. A great gift idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of music, 12 Feb 2013
A. Devlin "anndev" (Philadelphia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Artist (Audio CD)
I didn't particularly notice the soundtrack when I saw the film. I loved the film but only a couple of the musical backgrounds intrigued me. Then, I heard "George Valentin" played on a classic music station and then the Overture. I collect soundtracks so I emailed the presenter asking what the rest of the tracks sounded like. She said it was a fabulous CD so, on her recommendation, I bought it. I agree with her. It is wonderful stuff. I have played it over and over. I love to play it in the kitchen when I am cooking. It makes the chores seem lighter.... go ahead and get a copy for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Artist, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Artist (Audio CD)
Wonderful CD and well worth ordering. I have listened to it several times now and its easy on the ear and very jolly for this time of year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brillliant, 9 Aug 2012
Oznob (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Artist (Audio CD)
I was a bit sceptical when I went to see the film, being a bit weary of gimmicks, but was very pleasantly surprised by the film and simply loved the soundtrack. The first thing I did after seeing the film was to get this CD. It seems that I enjoy it more everytime I listen to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden days of the Hollywood silver screen, 27 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Artist (Audio CD)
The French black-and-while silent film The Artist, a tribute to Hollywood pioneers, won the Oscar for best picture at the Academy Awards. A superb soundtrack full of emotion and humour which is totally uplifting. An original score full of nostalgia for the golden days of the Hollywood silver screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Foot-tappingly brilliant, 18 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Artist (Audio CD)
I assume you would only buy this if you've seen the film? A LOT of music on this one CD. Great for car journeys. It was an instant hit with my three young children (it reminded them of Tom and Jerry) and it makes me want to see the film again (which I will).

The Artist
The Artist by Ludovic Bource (Audio CD - 2012)