on 15 January 2013
Using this cable to connect to a tripod mounted DSLR camera for astrophotography. No problems at all, even when using a "live" view video feed. The cable arrived very quickly, was well packaged and feels really well constructed. Very happy.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 4 February 2015
This extension repeater cable is very good quality and the best I have ever owned. The materials are quality and I had no problems with connecting any of my devices over the 10 meter cable length. I've used cheaper extension cables in the past and although they work with some devices this one works on them all.
on 30 August 2012
I bought this cable in order to extend the length of an old web cam usb cable. I am reusing it as a security cam. The
cable works well and produces a clear picture with no issues over data dropping or power. I had to push the web cam male connection quite hard into the female connection in order to connect them but it is now firmly housed with no danger of it falling out. The cable appears strong, flexible and well coated with an outer coat of plastic and inner of braiding.
on 7 February 2014
The cable seems sturdy with firm connections, quite hefty. I've only tried it briefly with my new Logitech C920 HD webcam to check it was working and it appears fine. Haven't yet used it for Skype or at its full 10 metres, so can't comment further. I'm hoping to 'walk' the webcam, using a mini-tripod, around the house when Skyping our family in Australia, so the extra length of this cable should prove useful if the signal remains constant, as others have stated. (why I opted for this item)
on 8 January 2013
I needed an extension cable for my HD webcam and was thinking of getting the slightly more expensive blue one (TRIXES) from Digiflex, but I thought it looked a bit "gaudy" for the job it's designed to do, so ordered this one instead.

The quality of the cable and connectors are excellent and shouldn't be a concern to anyone considering ordering one of these. The female end is a snug fit, as mentione in previous reviews, but this ensures a reliable connection and plugging the cam into it isn't a struggle at all.

On plugging in for the first time, the cable loaded it's own driver (for the active chip, I presume)and I was then able to get a clear HD picture with perhaps a little less sharpness...perfectly adequate as is for my needs but easily restored to full definition with a bit of software tweaking, should this be required.

I recommend this cable, it exceeds expectations in terms of quality and value for money and does exactly what it's designed to do.
on 27 May 2014
I used a basic USB extension cable of about 3 metres on a sensitive touch screen and it failed to even recognise the connection. The Blue Rigger 10 metre cable worked perfectly first time and the sensitivity is just superb. Can't recommend it highly enough. Could do with a shorter version of say 5 metres as well.
on 27 May 2016
This is a quality cable. I attach an unpowered USB hub to it with a wireless keybnoard adapter and an Xbox One wireless controller adapter. Got the cable because I wanted to extend the PC from the study into the lounge, which is just far enough away for my wireless devices to cut out without some kind of extension lead.

However - and this isn't a negative against the cable, it's just some things require more power than others - be careful about which USB port you plug the cable into. I initially plugged the cable into my PC case's USB ports (which are effectively a hub). It worked with a single device (wireless keyboard) but if I then plugged in the Xbox One adapter, neither device worked.

It was a pretty simple solution - plug the cable into the back of the PC so it's using a port straight from the motherboard. These tend to have more power. Alternatively, if that's not an option, you could buy a powered USB hub. That way all of your devices power comes from there, taking power requirements out of the equation from the cable side of things. Either way, the cable works for exactly what I need it for and I haven't noticed any issues. If you do experience issues please try out what I said before returning or throwing away the cable!
on 19 February 2016
I was thinking, why dish out money for a Steam Link or something like that, when I can just have really long cable. Simple, easy and reliable.
Might not be the most beautiful cable, but great in every other way. I haven't severed it yet.
I can't sense any lag whilst playing games off a computer in a separate room obviously. Hasn't disconnected unexpectedly ever.
on 29 May 2015
Despite being ordered late afternoon on a bank holiday monday, it arrived the following day, excellent service! The cable was well packed, and looks to be a well made sturdy item. As a USB extension cable it has worked perfectly for its intended use ie. to connect a Canon 5D MKII DSLR to a time controlling laptop, despite expressed doubts about its use for this type of function. Out of curiosity I added another existing 3 Mtr. extension to see if it still worked.
Not only did it work, but it worked down to the camera battery needing charging.

The ingenious method of packing means that the cable when opened up is very curly, this was easily overcome by winding the cable round the back of a dining room chair taking out as much of the curl as you can under slight tension, and leaving until needed. A couple of times sufficed.

Having only used it for a few days, I cannot comment on its durability, but looking at it, it looks as if it will last for ever with careful usage.
on 22 November 2014
Plugged into my computer,attached short usb2 cable to other end.Plugged that to my hi-fi Dac/Pre. Powered up.In Windows Control Panel/ Sound/ Playback had set to my Dac/Pre as default output. Played some music stored on my hard drive and it went straight to my Hi-Fi. Of course, when I wanted the sound to go through my PC speakers again, it necessitated resetting the default playback in Control Panel.This step would be necessary to set the appropriate default playback accordingly each time I change between PC and Dac. There was some interference to the signal at times, but I suspect that the cable may be too close to other household wiring running along the same route thus causing this reaction I intend to re-run the cable under my floorboards, isolated from other wiring and hopefully that will sort that particular issue out. Subject to that task being successful ,I am happy with my purchase!