on 22 February 2013
I've owned this psu tester for only a couple of weeks now and purchased through Amazon. It's already proven it's worth. It comes well packaged and is a sturdy little unit. I use it professionally as a technician. Inside the box there are full instructions very clearly written in English, so anyone with a reasonable command of the English language can follow them easily. The actual process for testing a psu is again very easy with two modes of testing outlined in the instructions. If you haven't used one of these before, then don't worry just follow the instructions, it's safe, accurate and easy. You can carry out a manually controlled test that can be conducted on each circuit, and secondly, an auto mode of testing where the test unit cycles through a set routine of power tests on all circuits in the psu. The screen on the unit is easy to read and gives clear indications of the state of each circuit, going to red and emitting an alarm when any circuit fails. In all, this is the best unit I've come across and is suitable for beginners or professionals. Thanks Amazon!
on 12 February 2016
My computer didn't work with my new GFX. It was down to the M/B but initially I suspected the PSU. So I went to a friend's computer workshop and tried it out on these (not from Amazon or new, just what happened to be around):
1. Leegoal 20 / 24-pin Power Supply Tester for ATX / SATA / HDD, Black
2. DIGIFLEX ATX Power Supply Tester 20 24 Pin SATA LCD Diagnose PSU

Both of them were failing (they shut down, no beeps or anything) as soon as I connected the PCIex (main M/B connector was always first in). One of them smelled of burning too. This really made me believe that indeed my PSU was at fault: "Look! the PCIex connector that the GFX uses is faulty! No wonder my new card doesn't work!".
However, we tried them on another PSU in the shop and the same happened, so we were perplexed.

After I received this ordered tester, I tried it on my PSU. It was very easy (I used the auto-test) and everything was reported as fine!
What I did next was to replace CPU and M/B. My PC was old, so I went for a cheap AMD bundle, but the CPU TDP remained the same, while the card is actually less draining (only one PCIex power connector needed). There have been no problems ever since. Very happy for the purchase!

CONS:
- packaging is a bit weird: not really sealed in the plastic encasing.
on 25 January 2015
I've had a week of computer woes after ten months of flawless operation with the first computer I've built myself. After noticing my PC took longer to boot up than usual and then one day finding it just wouldn't turn on fully (lights, fans, PSU... nothing else, no beeps, no video output) I looked into the problem and concluded after exhaustive research it was probably the PSU. I decided to confirm it first to be safe, so opted to buy a PSU tester. I was going to go for the many cheaper and smaller ones advertised until I read the reviews for the Thermaltake Dr Power II.

Despite a slightly intimidating, professional aura it is actually remarkably easy to use and makes its result abundantly clear. Blue screen is good, red screen and beeping is bad. An 'F' on the display indicates where the problem lies relative to what you've plugged in (only the 24-pin motherboard connector is essential, all others - SATA, CPU and PCI-E cables - are optional) and you have the option of manual and automatic modes of operation. I have used this tester to confirm that my Corsair CX600M had indeed failed and that my new XFX Pro 650w was functioning fine.

It was only later I found out my motherboard was also fried, but that's another story and another product review.
on 2 July 2012
Very simple to use and does what it says on the tin, clear instructions come with this piece of kit, don't skimp and get the 10 quid job like I did and be left wondering get this wonderful bit of kit that leaves you in no doubt as to the state of your psu.
on 25 February 2014
As an IT engineer and also pc builder, this is a must have item as saves a lot of headaches when troubleshooting power supply issues, turns red and beeps when failure found, also the pg reading is essential as too much or too little (above 500 or below 150) can cause a pc not to switch on or randomly switch off. Must have for all pc enthusiasts.
on 31 October 2013
I occasionally repair computers, this eliminated power supply faults and saved me time and money as a result.
I would recommend to anyone who dabbles or repairs for a living.
on 28 August 2013
We have enough PCs around that we get occasional hardware failures. Got tired of trying to work out if a PC was dead because of the power supply or something different. This really does the trick. Very quickly told us that the PSU was dead on the most recent problem PC. Saves time on trying to diagnose the problem - so it's now the first thing we check on any troublesome PC. Definitely wish we had bought one of these years ago.
on 19 April 2014
Great way to test PSU's, this will start the PSU and give you voltages for each rail, if the PSU does not start then it's either the fuse or a major failure, low voltages etc will be highlighted by a red backlight on the display instead of blue. PG is also tested quickly and easily.

Auto or Manual testing and it powers down the PSU afterwards, read the instructions properly to get the best from it straight away.
on 27 July 2015
Very pleased with this item as I had several power supplies and wanted to confirm their worth. Tests all connectors and showed up faults. The display confirms the output voltages are with in parameters. This item is a must for fault finding on a PC as the power supply is the first in a chain of components on a dormant PC. Much better than shorting out pin 15 & 16 and testing with a multimeter and saving a lot of time to.
on 5 September 2013
When you consider the amount off time one can waste trying to diagnose and fix a faulty computer, this is incredibly good value. Ask any technician and they will say that the power supply is the most common cause of failure, and so it is implortant to have a simple and reliable way to test it before reseating components and carrying out more invasive procedures.