4.0 out of 5 stars A must-read for fans of fantasy fiction
While browsing through the Kindle Store I came across this fantastic book, initially attracted to it by the price (or lack thereof!) I thought the description sounded interesting so I decided to give it a try.

Published on 4 Jan 2012 by Tuppence

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable but not great
Compared to many self published novels I have read on Kindle, this was competent and readable and kept me reading to the end. It does however follow a trend of aiming at an apparent younger audience. Twilight has a lot to answer for. It would be nice to read more fantasy fiction that was aimed at adults. Liked the mouse, was not that taken with the teen appeal of the...
Published 7 months ago by Kindle Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars A must-read for fans of fantasy fiction, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Glass Wall (The Glass Wall - (A YA Urban Fantasy Faerie Romance) Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

I honestly find it hard to fault this book - the plot is excellent and the human characters are likeable and believable with the heroine being depicted as just an ordinary person who doesn't think herself special or above others in any way which is a refreshing thing for this genre. The setting is atmospheric and the descriptions vivid and it is all round a brilliant book.

The only problem I had, and it is only minor, is that, at times, the dialogue seemed forced and stilted and didn't flow well for me. I think this was because in a lot of places I found myself thinking 'I would have used a contraction there' and for me a lot of the characters felt too formal when talking to each other. However, I think this is just a matter of personal taste and it did not impede my enjoyment of the book.

This is definately a book that fans of the Hush Hush Saga and the Mortal Instruments Series should enjoy as well as anyone else who is a fan of the teenage fantasy genre.

Madison Adler has definately got me hooked as this book is a lot better written than some traditionally published novels that I have read and the plot is gripping. I can't wait for the next installment in the series and will certainly be willing to pay for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, 4 Feb 2012
this is a very good book especially as it's free. well written and a good story line. can't wait for the next one! :)
get it. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 27 Mar 2012
Upon starting this book, i was immediately mdrawn in. The characters quickly develop the story in a effortless manner. I read it from beginning to end in one day. It's highly innovative plot just reels you in. Simply put, an amazing story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising Read, 7 May 2012
Well from start to finish it was a first for me, my first kindle book, and not my usual type of reading either, however I was surprised enough to read from start to finish in only a couple of days, an interesting mix of everyday, myth and imagination. My only complaint is that the follow up book can not be found yet!!! I hope it arrives soon.. Well worth a read, surprising what information it has hidden in its narration..

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerizing!, 2 Sep 2012
Great story telling, I couldn't put it down.
The characters are convincing and intriguing, and the story is fascinating - I always wanted to know what would happen next. Wonderful set of fantasy creatures too. The way Sydney slowly discovers more is well-described and fun, especially as she draws the wrong conclusions regularly - this is logical, because the truth of what is happening is pretty unbelievable. The story is not particularly humorous, but still there are times that I had to laugh. Some of the predicaments Sydney finds herself is are inherently funny, even when they are also tense!
I bought the second book in the series immediately after finishing this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Glass Wall, 23 July 2012
Loved the book, not my usual reading but very enjoyable. July 2012

Read very early on in the year, but to my dismay the books to continue haven't even been written yet, very disappointed, The brotherhood of the snake was supossed to be ready in spring 2012 now its summer 2012, although its now end of July and still not ready, the 3rd book Inner Egg is supposed to be ready 2013.

I will not be reading the other books, never heard of reading a book then having to wait months to a year for the other part, most frustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 12 July 2012
Like many others on the Kindle site, I was initially attracted to this book because of the price. When I looked at the description I thought I would give it a go. And i'm so glad that I did. This book was a breath of fresh air. The main character seemed as flawed as the rest of the world, and for once was genuinly nothing above ordinary. When the end of the book came round I was disappointed because I want to know what happens next. Looking forward to the next installment, The Brotherhood of the Snake, coming in summer 2012 and am more than willing to pay for it. A great read, definatly one to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 4 Jun 2012
From cover to cover this is great read, real page turner! Just waiting for a next one to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 8 April 2013
I liked how this book was more... patient? It took a long time to discover what was actually going on but that made it realistic. I liked how the characters were believable and it truly was hard to tell who was on Sydney's side. I didn't like the cover though! I don't think it suits the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting twist, 23 Feb 2013
A really well written book with a lot of twist. The beginning gives the sense of a completely different story so keep reading as it becomes every better as you read it. The ending is a big annoying but I can't wait to read the next book when it comes out. I would recommend this book to older readers or teens as its storyline can be hard to keep up with in places, however the suspense and plot keeps you hooked until the very last page.