4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable
Published on 26 April 2012 by RobAllan

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed but Enjoyable
This book - the whole series, in fact - was fundamentally flawed, but nonetheless a pleasure to read. The characters were bland, and there was very little tension even in the climaxes of the novels, but the world was interesting enough to keep me reading.

Published 10 months ago by Alec John Mortimer

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 26 April 2012
This review is from: Jaunten (Advent Mage Cycle Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This has been a relaxing read. The quality of writing is good. The world isn't about to end if our hero gets it wrong and it's refreshingly free of battles and swordplay. When our hero gets irritated he tends to leave the bad guy embarrassed but unhurt. I've enjoyed it enough that I've immediately bought the sequel. Only problem is it's hard to put down and get on with the things I should be doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read for a while, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Jaunten (Advent Mage Cycle Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Only flaw? I felt the storyline could have been developed or taken a better direction, but even so that's just my personal opinion and to be honest... I read too much and write too little!

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed but Enjoyable, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jaunten (Advent Mage Cycle Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

Some gimmicky plotlines made me feel that the author is quite new as a writer; things like the spontaneous superpet, and gratuitous psuedo-heroism felt juvenile. This isn't a heavy criticism. As the author matures in his or her craft, I'll be happily reading what else they produce. It's just not there yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jaunten (Advent Mage Cycle Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Great start to the series, it starts at the begining with the right background to put you in the picture of why he was running away from the country of his birth

Jaunten (Advent Mage Cycle Book 1)